“Great Food”

Ranked #13 of 162 Restaurants in Bensalem
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

U don't have to order an entree like everyone does u can order appetizers which are 3-7pm and they taste amazing and are very affordable and great proportions for the family and we were hungry like vultures lol people put this place down and say its a step ul from taco bell but they don't know what their talking about! U can watch the games here too

1  Thank Mustangrockstar

Reviewed 15 September 2013

I have been to this restaurant three times. We sat outside today. There are eight tables. They allow smoking, so there is a slight scent of smoke in the air. We did not have to wait at all. The wait staff was very friendly. I ordered the brisket taco. It had shaved crispy onions on top. It had a good taste, but the meal was served lukewarm. My husband had skirt steak ranchero, which he liked. The black beans which were served on the side were good. The rice was ok. If you sit inside, the music is loud. The price was average.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

I hope his review would help someone to decide to choose this place. I am a frequent customer of the Mexican joint. its clean, the wait staff is very good, and the food is very good as well.
on the weekend prepare to wait for at least 30 to 45 minutes as this place is jam packed on the weekends.

I love the complimentary chips and salsa they provide while you decide what to order. i love their strawberry swirl margaritas. you can also order margaritas by pitchers. Their appetizers are also tasty with their different sauces. we always order the pepper jack chicken enchiladas. they taste amazing with the right amount of sauces so that it doesn't make the food soggy.

I read a couple of reviews about how people feel that its not an authentic Mexican restaurant and people would rather make authentic Mexican at home and eat, well you should definitely eat at home then. I don't understand the complaints,. its a very good restaurant and very good food. would definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Again, I hate chain restaurants & this is a perfect example of why. This is supposed to be a Mexican restaurant. There is not a trace of authentic Mexican cooking to be found! I've tried this place twice & both times was extremely disappointed. The food was not Mexican food, it was a poor American version! I will never step foot in this place again. I make authentic Mexican food from scratch & that's what I like. I now look for small Mexican restaurants that look like holes in the wall. That's where I find the real thing!

Reviewed 14 April 2013

I'm not expecting an authentic Mexican experience when I go to On the Border. I expect decent enchiladas, tacos and salsa, and that is pretty much what you get. Fresh chips and salsa (chunky tomatoes with chopped onion) with a bit of a kick, but overall decent. Chips occasionally come out a little soggy so it does seem they are made on premises. Wait staff pretty friendly, bathrooms are clean, service usually good unless terribly busy. Food is good and pretty reasonable value.

1  Thank phillyfit