Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Bensalem
US$63
US$99
US$73
ComfortInn
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbob evanssesame placeroom was cleanpancakesfront deska great stayoutdoor poolfamiliar facesdelicious complimentary breakfastspecial thankspancake makerdunkin donutsoff the highwayperfect hotelaccommodating staffhotel is conveniently locatedturkey sausage
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We were here 4 nights - the last three were the 4th of July weekend. Here is what we noticed:

Good things:
1. Free breakfast.
2. Free WiFi in the rooms.
3. Easy on and off of I-95
4. Good location for Sesame Place
5. Free parking
6. Sofabeds in the room.

Bad things:
1. The breakfast ... isn't very good. And, when the hotel is full (like on Saturday of our stay), it doesn't come out fast enough. Around 9 AM on Saturday, there was literally no food to be had. The bagels, eggs, fruit, cereal, sausages, pancakes, and even the coffee were all out. Either the servers haven't been adequately trained in how to keep a buffet line running, or they were just overwhelmed. Either way, it was a pretty bad experience.

2. The walls are paper-thin. At 2:30 in the morning we woke up thinking our son was screaming. He wasn't - it was a child across the hall. It just sounded clear as day all the way in our room.

3. The air conditioners make really weird noises. They said they were going through and fixing them all, but they obviously hadn't done our room yet.

4. The bath/showers are all old. Switching ours over to shower mode made you feel like it might all break apart in your hand. The bathrooms are also small, even by hotel standards.

5. One day we opened up the freezer in our mini-fridge and out popped a whole bag full of grapes. One problem : we hadn't put in any. They were from a former guest, and housekeeping must have missed them.

Room Tip: Definitely higher floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
HIEBensalem, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Bensalem, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thanks for your review. We know that on busy weekend mornings, the breakfast can get overwhelmed. Of late, we have been putting out additional food and coffee stations when we expect to be busy. I am sorry that we failed to anticipate how busy the hotel would be on the night of July 4 and we apologize for our oversight and your experience
I do apologize for the size of our bathrooms. WE keep them squeaky clean and many of the shower enclosures are brand new. I am sorry you were unhappy with the one in your room. We do plan to replace all of the enclosures in the near future. We have now completed the assessment of and adjustments to our guest room air handling units. So we do hope that you will try us again in the future.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Really loved the place! Was surprised thinking its a regular holiday inn ,but it's newly renovated and very nice for the price. The customer service was quite good as well.would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for you nice review. We work hard on our personal customer service. We hope to see you again, and hope that we can earn additional stars.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed at the Holiday inn this past weekend for my friends wedding, by far this was the best hotel service I have ever received.... While there were ac issues in my room, the staff resolved it right away and the manager followed up by delivering me a personalized card and 30.00 off my stay! The staff really do care and I look forward to staying next month as I made sure I confirmed another reservation prior to checking out. I am not sure if I will receive a Holliday inn survey...but I hope someone on the corporate level reviews these... CUDOS TO THE MANAGEMENT STAFF FOR LEADING A GREAT TEAM!!!

Ms Brown

Room Tip: Stay at this hotel... Don't confuse them with the holiday inn street road... It's much nicer on Bristol pike!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
HIEBensalem, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Bensalem, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for your excellent review. Be assured upper management does read these comments and those on all websites. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Had a great stay with my family!! Love the comfy bed and the curteious staff. We enjoyed a great breakfast and some relaxing time by the pool. The manager on duty was very helpful with directions and recommending places to eat. Gevin Morris was a bug help!!! I could not thank him enough! And Katie was very sweet to my girls. Thank you Holiday Inn Express for an amazing stay!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
HIEBensalem, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Bensalem, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for your great comments. I have recognized Gevin and Kate personally as they consistently deliver the level of service appreciated by our guests.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Once again I was forced to choose this property to stay at. (All other local property's were booked) I have stayed here several times during the last 4 months and each time have had a bad experience with the management not being able to keep the hotel quiet after hours. It is currently 3rd and I am still not being able to rest as I have to work in the morning. There are at least 10 wedding party guests standing outside my room drinking and using this hotel as their wedding after party. Unbelievable. I have called the front desk twice tonight with absolutely no results. This is not typical of a holiday Inn property. Once again myself and my coworkers have to go to work with no sleep all thanks to this poorly mismanaged hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
HIEBensalem, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Bensalem, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Good afternoon,
I was distressed to see the second negative review. Please contact me directly to resolve your issue. We make every effort to keep the hotel quiet and comfortable.Unfortunately, we cannot always control the behavior of other guests