“Simply Disappointed” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bentleyville
Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania
“Simply Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

I'm so disappointed in this hotel. It was a new hotel so I figured I wouldn't have any problems. My room appeared to be clean and looked very nice and modern. I return to my room after graduation rehearsal to a room full of stink bugs. I called the front desk to talk to the manager and the manager said she couldn't do anything. Long story short, I checked out the next day and will never
stay at this hotel again. I'm so unhappy!!!

Room Tip: Ask about their stink bug issue.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Guadalupe J, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bentleyville, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Hello:
My name is Lupe, I'm the Assistant GM at the hotel and I want to apologize for the inconvenience you experience on your recent stay. I also wanted to let you know that I would like to fix this issue. Unfortunately I do not recall having this issue at our property. I have talked to all my front desk staff and neither one of them recall taking a call from a room with this issue.
If you can please give me a call at: 724-239-7700 I would be more than happy to assist you.
Again; I'm sorry for the inconvenience and hope to hear back from you to resolve this issue.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Marietta, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

i arrived early afternoon for a 10 hour stay, semi truck parking in rear of hotel..everybody was freindly, price was a little on the high side but for this area thats normal but they did work with me and get me in for close to what I needed for my per diem...everything was top notch,clean,great bed,quiet AC,well lit ,good water pressure..one somewhat odd find was they had hardwood floors in the rooms,Im not a big fan off that but prob. makes it easier for them to clean?..all in all it was a great stay and If Im in the area I will stay again on a side note I have stayed next door at a competitor it also was top notch but had very thin walls which made it hard to sleep in the daytime..If sleeping at night like most(except me) either place would be a great stay for you

Room Tip: nice and quiet,great for a daytime sleeper
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank teamster175
Guadalupe J, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bentleyville, responded to this review, 18 May 2013
Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed your recent stay with us and to know you will visit us again if you're in the area. Hardwood floor are easier to clean as it also helps our guest with allergies.
Once again thank you and we hope to see you back soon.
Fulton, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

Traveling for work and needed a place to stay for the night, I decided to stay with a consistent safety net hotel. I was pleasantly surprised by how clean and modern this hotel was not far from a truck stop. The floors in the room were all hardwood, not dirty carpets. Also a plus for those with allergies. HUGE flat screen TVs in every room. The beds were amazing and quickly dragged me into the depths of sleep. Breakfast in the morning was very filling and fresh. Great stay all the way around. No time to check out the pool, but I am sure if anything like the rest of the hotel you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Some rooms have lockouts if traveling with friends and large families
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Kutztown, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

Hotel is new. So new the street didn't come up in my Garmin. Glad we found it though, since everything about the stay was great. Key was waiting for me when I checked in, room was clean and very well-decorated. Hard wood floors are a nice touch. Breakfast area is large and selection was excellent. Hotel provides easy access to I70.

Room Tip: Booked through Priceline and paid $20 less than price on website.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Laurel, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

Very nice hotel. I have gained priority status twice over this year alone so I have stayed in a few HIX. I have stayed here on numerous occations and have actually rented their conference room on many of my stays. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I have not found a HIX where I can get the help that I get here. The breakfast manager (Bruce) has actually came to the property after hours when there was a need. No request was not considered. It is kinda secluded, and I like that, but still close to Washington and Belle Vernon. I dont work in Bentleyville but I do drive there and stay there for these reasons.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Sheffield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

Spent the weekend - 2 nights - and although the hotel is clean and the staff friendly, the plumbing in the building leaves a lot to be desired.

Every time anyone in a room near mine (particularly alongside or above and below) used the toilet and flushed, the noise was awful and if they had a shower, the TV had to be turned up to cover the noise of running water.

Unfortunately, it seemed that someone needed a shower every hour on the hour and the noise prevented me getting the early night I needed after a long drive.

Doubt I'd stay there again

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2012

Stayed here in October 2012, one of the first hotels I've stayed with hardwood floors, a nice touch. They are still in the process of putting in new flooring, the room I had was done and very nice. Stayed in room 101, nice comfortable king bed, large LCD TV, watched the Steelers lose on a Thursday night game, at least got to see it on a big screen.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bentleyville
BEST WESTERN Garden Inn
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 7 in Belle Vernon
No photo provided

Been to Holiday Inn Express Bentleyville? Share your experiences!