“A great find on the road!”

Best Western Garden Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bentleyville
Ontario
“A great find on the road!”
Reviewed 9 January 2012

My adult daughters and I stayed at this hotel on the way home from a vacation in the South. The location (on the interstate) and the price are what first drew us to this hotel. The beds were comfortable, the hotel appeared very clean and bright and the indoor pool looked inviting. We were most impressed by the continental breakfast in the morning. At first glance it looked like nothing special until we noticed how many options there were. Cereals, bread, bagels, muffins, danish, various juices, a variety of milk products, waffles, etc. All the usual fare but displayed nicely and cleanly. There was a staff member available to clean up and assist us with our food choices. We really enjoyed our stay. If we were in the area again, we would certainly stay here. The only negative was the older gentleman at the desk during our check-in. Although efficient, he really didn't seem to make much effort to make us feel welcome after our LONG drive.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank CraftyMom58
Jessica B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Garden Inn, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your excellent review! I apologize that your interaction with the front desk clerk wasn't up to our standards of being friendly and welcoming. I will address this issue with our staff. Thank you for choosing BW Garden Inn!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Middletown, Connecticut
Reviewed 26 September 2011

the room was clean and the bed was really comfortable. enjoyed the pool, it was a nice and quite room.I thought the location was great and it was off the highway. Not much of a selectation on the breakfast, but I would go back again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Akron
Reviewed 27 August 2011

The hotel was clean and convenient, but the older gentleman at the desk when I checked in and out was very rude, not at all pleasant or helpful. As you know first impressions mean everything and because this man was unlikeable I would not go back. I wrote Best Western about this and they wrote me back and apologized and said they would address this problem but I have my doubts about that.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Inkydoo
Richmond, VA
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We had stayed in this motel several years ago, so I had no problem reserving a room for an emergency trip to the area. I was very disappointed in what we found. The overall quality of the motel is not what it was at our previous visit. A part of the problem was the limited choice of rooms, so I had to accept a smoking, whirlpool room. The room had a slight odor of smoke which was to be expected. There was a whirlpool sitting in the sleeping area which was a little bit strange, but the extremely high ceiling and general dinginess of the room made it feel uncomfortable. So much so that we moved to the Holiday Inn Express next door through our remaining visit.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We've stayed here once a year for at least 6 or 7 years, when we go through the area to visit family. Once we actually stayed at the Holiday Inn Express next door, owned by the same people, but we found it to lack soundproofing, so now we stick with the slightly older Best Western property. The rooms are clean, and have mini fridges and microwaves and free Wi-Fi. They're unremarkable, not someplace to stay in all day, but totally fine as a place to crash and relax at night.
My kids always jump in the indoor pool. The breakfast is blah (no eggs, sometimes apples but not reliably much fruit) but they have a waffle maker and cereal, and a free stack of newspapers. This time I noticed that a local library had donated books to a bookshelf in the little work center, I thought that was sweet. And the employees are all very nice.
This year, because the place was booked solid, we got stuck paying $160 for the jacuzzi room. My kids enjoyed a long bubbly bath, but I'd avoid paying for it if I could. There's a McDonald's and some other places right across the street, also a Ride-Aid and Giant Eagle supermarket and a Dollar General. In short, it's not a dream-vacation kind of place, but a satisfactory stop in the area. We'll be back, I'm sure!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2011

It was an average room for the price we paid. From a value standpoint, it was not worth it. Room was clean for the most part. Bed was very comfortable. Very very small shower area for an average size person. Breakfast was terrible. Not enough parking spaces.

• Stayed April 2011
Ontario
Reviewed 28 October 2010

We stayed here because the location was convenient to the Frank Lloyd Wright house at Kentuck Knob and Fallingwater, and because they accept pets. We wanted a king bed, and got one - along with a double in the same room, making the space quite tight. No problem with pillows, since we have learned to travel with our own on such road trips. The hotel was packed with road construction workers and others involved in building infra-structure. There were lots of trucks moving early in the morning, and noise. We're non-smokers and smokers were confined to the third (top) floor. There is a coin laundry on the second floor which is convenient for workers who are staying long-term, but the entire second floor hall was filled with the smell of Bounce fabric softener and the dryers vented heat into the area in front of the elevator.
Good area for walking a dog at the side of the building. Nothing scenic to look at, except the giant cowboy statue out front. The pool was closed for maintenance.
The pet fee here was $35, which is steeper than they generally charge at upscale hotels like Loew's and Four Seasons brands. I asked the person at the desk why it was so high and got a shrug. My dog is cleaner, quieter and better mannered than many travellers. We paid the hefty pet fee and then found ourselves in a cramped room that did not resemble any of the pictures of king rooms on the website. Just a warning to other pet loving travelers. At least the place was clean, very clean. We had no problem with internet access.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HerIndoorsOntario
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bentleyville
Holiday Inn Express Bentleyville
#1 of 7 in Belle Vernon
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#8 of 20 in Washington

Been to Best Western Garden Inn? Share your experiences!