“The ONLY place to stay in Benton”
other travellers have booked this property
IMG_1398.JPG IMG_1400.JPG
IMG_1398.JPG
IMG_1400.JPG
100 2228
100 2226
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 48 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Lily T
“The ONLY place to stay in Benton”
Reviewed 21 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

We found our nest egg! This place is the absolute best place to be for a family getaway. It comfortably fit all 6 of us, we were able to relax without turning on the tv, which BTW is stocked with movies as well as digital cable! I've stayed at 10 different places for my Ricketts Glen trips and this is going to be our spot from here on out. Fully stocked kitchen, the most beautiful outdoor space in a secluded area, intimate for a quiet or fun time outside. I cannot say enough about the place. Jeff, the owner, is the nicest man and always makes himself available to his tenants. Thank you so much for making this trip absolutely wonderful!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Marilyn F
West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
“The perfect cabin for a great weekend at Rickett's Glen”
Reviewed 16 July 2016 for a stay in May 2016

The cabin was clean and nicely decorated. The kitchen is well supplied. The wood burning stove was perfect for the cool weather. My 7 year old granddaughter loved the spiral staircase and Pictionary. There is a nice firepit. The one negative I have is that the a few plastic Adirondack chairs were cracked and couldn't be used. 5 minutes to the park and the rickets glen inn/restaurant is literally across the street. They had the best clam chowder I have ever had. We would go back in a second!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Quaint, cabiny feel
Liked least: beds were just ok
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
carla b
“The cabin in the woods was a nice escape.”
Reviewed 15 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

The cabin was very difficult to find. The directions given to me were if I was coming in from one direction but unfortunately, I came from the other end of town. I tried calling but got no answer and no call back.
The house was semi clean with the refrigerator needing a good scrubbing. as far as beds go, I think there are other ways to protect a mattress other than a plastic sheet.
There was no information about the falls inside the cabin other than a hand drawn map. Visitors to the area like to be informed. Thankfully I came prepared for the hikes and knew where I wanted to go.
All in all, the cabin was alright. Back porch chairs need replaced and some updates throughout.
I think the cabin needs a woman's touch to make it a bit more cozy.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Kylie T
“Cute Cabin”
Reviewed 14 July 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Very cute, cozy, comfortable cabin that has enough rooms for 4-6 people. The only disadvantages is there's no WiFi.

Travelling group: Friends
nstrong50
Wynnewood, Pennsylvania
“bait and switch”
Reviewed 13 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

Our confirmation listed cabin #240. While eating dinner, the owner's father came to ask us to vacate and move to cabin #238 which we did. We packed everything and moved to a cabin that was a bit smaller and mattresses were sooo interior.

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
17 Jul 2016
That was my mistake I just sold my other cabin last year and accidentally put the wrong address on my site. I normally email specific directions to guest and have never had a problem. Sorry about the mistake.
FamilyFun...
“Wonderful Getaway”
Reviewed 15 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

If visiting Rickett's Glen or the the surrounding vicinity, this is the place to stay. It was the perfect size for a 3 day, 2 night getaway. It is close to both the State Park and waterfalls and also to Harvey's Lake and other areas.

The cabin was in good shape - some areas needed a little sprucing, but it also is comfortable and relaxing and not so fancy that being there is stressful.

The kitchen had all the needed items to prepare breakfast (or lunch/supper - but we usually ate those out).

The mattresses are a little soft, but there are several bedrooms (3) to choose from. There are resources in the cabin (map on wall, visitor guides, owner available by phone if needed) to ensure that you will find what you need. There is a spiral staircase to the 2nd floor.

I had a little trouble finding it, as we were travelling in the opposite direction than what the landmarks that were given, but a quick call to Jeff pointed us in the correct direction.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Value/Location
Liked least: Soft Mattresses
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
Management Response
16 May 2016
Thanks for staying!
MichaelBe...
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Best place for a get away near Ricketts Glen”
Reviewed 8 December 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

A 3-hour drive from Philadelphia, Ricketts Glen cabins are located at the bottom of the park. Two beautiful log cabins, with modern kitchens and bathrooms, large family rooms, multiple bedrooms, cool staircases, and fireplaces. The houses had landscaped gardens and were surrounded by woods. We found nature and luxury, everything we had wanted. The owner, Jeff Hynick, stopped by to make sure we were settled in. He gave us recommendations for which trail were safe for a pregnant woman to use, good running trails, and some local folklore. I cannot rave enough how great his cabins were and their hospitality. Ricketts Glens Cabins was exactly what we were looking for and we most definitely will be back.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Rustic Charm
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing