“Great turn around from what it began as.”
Review of Eagle Hotel

Eagle Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Bernville
Cuisines: Cuban
Description: You already have it listed as a B&B/hotel. I want to write a review of its restaurant.
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

The food was very good! The French fries are awesome! The staff was friendly and accommodating. The chef comes put on occasion to communicate with his quests. The atmosphere was casual and inviting. This place used to be a small town bar not visited by many now one needs reservations on Friday and Saturday night. Worth a visit if near or traveling by Bernville PA.

2  Thank Peacebysea

Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

Nothing fancy but the jerk chicken and plantains are delish! The place is small so make reservations if you plan to fine during peak hours. Nice portions and friendly staff.

4  Thank jstr3
Reviewed 2 February 2013 via mobile

I love the out of the way special restaurants, and the Eagle Hotel is surely one of them!! Chef Joe whips up Cuban style cuisine that one would expect to pay more for! Building is historic from a time past. Inside with tin ceilings and low lighting. Very friendly staff and service. Oyster Rodriquez outstanding well worth a try. We will be regulars from now on. Thanks trip advisor reviewers!!

4  Thank tkuba
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I grew up in the area and I have never thought about stepping foot in the Eagle Hotel. A friend told us that the food is great. Last evening my husband and children and I went in despite the appearance on the outside. We were surprised by the menu selection. We couldn't decide on what we wanted so we asked for recommmendations from our server. My husband likes jerk chicken but was hesitant to get it since we recently went to Jamaica and had the REAL jerk chicken. He ordered it anyway and I ordered chicken quesadillas. When it came out the portions were big. He grabbed the bone of the chicken to "tear" it apart but when he grabbed it the bone just slid away from the meat! It was DELICIOUS! FORGET JAMAICA FOR JERK CHICKEN...GO TO EAGLE HOTEL! The quesadillas were also delicious. The best I've ever eatten. Oh i almost forgot...the plantaines were outta this world!!! We will definitely be regulars from now on!

3  Thank mrsachase
Reviewed 20 January 2013

This is an old hotel from 1869, It was a dive for a number years but now is trying to offer more upscale food.

All I can say is that the food is GREAT! They are specializing in Cuban, Spanish & Portuguese foods. They also carry traditional American food as well.

If in the area, don't worry about the decor since it's all about the food. 4 stars for the food alone!

3  Thank JimCeez