“Clean, pleasant and easy to find” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Comfort Inn Midway
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bethel
Groveland, Massachusetts
“Clean, pleasant and easy to find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

My daughter and I were on our way from MA to PA late at night when the skies suddenly opened up and we were hit with a deluge and lightning storm. We pulled off the first exit we could find and sat there, alone in the downpour, exhausted from a long drive, and wondering what to do (I don't see well in rainy darkness and my daughter is too young to drive), when my daughter spotted the very-welcome-at-that-moment sign for a Comfort Inn. Given that we were parked in what appeared to be a truck stop while we waited for the rain to stop (it didn't), I had my reservations about staying in this hotel, but they were immediately banished the moment we stepped inside and were met by Helen at the front desk, whose warm and friendly manner was so welcoming at that late hour. We checked in, and found this hotel to be clean, comfortable, and a real blessing to us in our "hour of need." My daughter went swimming in the pool, and though she found it a little cold, it was clean and big enough that she could have some fun. The bed was comfortable, and the room clean. Though there was a faint odor of cigarette smoke in the outside hallway, our room was pleasant and no-smoking, and we both slept well. The breakfast was "just okay," but I've had worse. I would definitely stay here again if we're ever in the area, and kudos to Helen whose warm and welcoming manner is a real asset to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank DanelleFCG G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

No frills but very convenient right off the highway and a clean room with breakfast for under $100. Breakfast was your typical elevated continental offering (crappy eggs, some type of breakfast meat, waffles, toast & muffins & bagels, fruit, yogurt, etc.).

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Harwich, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times. It is a stopover on a yearly trip back and forth from Cape Cod to Capon Springs, WVa. The hotel is pleasant enough and well maintained. Breakfast is quite OK. Unfortunately the restaurant at this exit and owner of the hotel leaves a lot to be desired. It is basically a truck stop type place and while years ago truck stop restaurants used to be good, it is no longer the case. This one is particularly bad: poor quality food, overcooked, etc., etc. There are some restaurants in the area that may be passable but difficult to find. There is one several exits to the east which is not bad (considering the ruralness of the area) that I can recommend and is right off the highway. But it is 10-15 minutes from the hotel and after a long days drive and a couple of glasses of wine at the restaurant it seems like a long way back to the motel. What I do now is buy a cheeseburger at the diner and eat in my room.

Room Tip: This is a truck stop and by midnight many are parked between the hotel and diner with engines runnin...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

I live in a small town not far from the motel. If you go 15 miles to reading for a motel with a pool and breakfast and newer look..you will pay the price of $169 or higher. There is a motel close to this NO POOL, No breakfast...no dogs. Scottish inn $45 per night. I take my daughter here once a month in the winter...we eat at blue mountain restraunt...Awesome food off 78 then hit up a few shops near the restraunt..amish/ pa dutch then go swimming and watch movies while we snuggle. We even take our Boxer sometimes. Awesome staff!!!! Lots of things to do...shopping is awesome!

• Stayed January 2013
Columbia, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

We weren't expecting a high level hotel stay, but what we found was poor. We chose this hotel because they allowed us to travel with our dogs ($10/dog/night surcharge, this is very reasonable). The Comfort Inn is located right off of the highway, so is easy to get to. The staff was pleasant and the breakfast was standard for this type of hotel. The room was disappointing - the bed was incredibly uncomfortable with a hard mattress and scratchy blanket/comforter. The sheets were thin, almost as thin as the walls! You could hear everything from the hallway and the rooms next door. The furniture, carpet, linens, and bathroom were outdated and need refreshing. Thankfully the room was clean and there were no bed bugs. If I was passing through and needed a hot shower, place to rest, and breakfast, I would stay here again, but this Comfort Inn would definitely not be a destination.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Newington, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Inn with my mom, grandmother, and aunt to do sightseeing. The staff at the front desk were very friendly. Our room was on the third floor and had 2 queen beds. If you eat at the Midway Diner located within walking distance, you will get a 10% discount. I enjoyed the deluxe continental breakfast. I even found 2 pennies from 1988 and 1994, 3 dimes from 1987,1988, and 2004, and a quarter from 1994 in one of the hallways. I did get to swim in the indoor pool. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Reading area.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

We booked our overnight stay - reservation was properly held for us. Helen at the front end was the nicest sweetest most well mannered lady I have had greet me in a while. Customer service was great - the rooms very very nice. Our room was king bed with two person whirlpool. For the cost was pleased we also got fridge microwave and coffee maker. Divine stay.

Room Tip: King room nonsmoking with whirlpool -worth it
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Reading
Holiday Inn Express Reading
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hamburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Reading Wyomissing
Rodeway Inn & Suites Myerstown - Lebanon
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing

Been to Comfort Inn Midway? Share your experiences!