“Not impressed”

Hauser Estate Winery
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The main winery has a fabulous view. The girl working the counter was not very friendly. Wines were mediocre.
The downtown Gettysburg shop was very uninviting. We were not greeted warmly at all and the lady working offered very little advise/recommendations on their wines.
Adams County Winery and Reid's Winery were much more inviting and very friendly! Will not return to Hauser Estates.

Polly P, Owner at Hauser Estate Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

I am sorry that your visit wasn't up to standard. We do listen to all of the comments and are constantly trying to improve. First impressions are very important, as are second chances. I hope that you would try us again if you are in the Gettysburg area. Thank you.

There are newer reviews for Hauser Estate Winery

Reviewed 13 June 2014

OK, I can't tell you if the Hard Cider is any good or not as we didn't taste any, the wines were fairly good. But the view was spectacular! Be prepared, they charge for tasting as do not deduct the charge ($3 per person) if you buy wine. This is not California so found this most unusual. I would not be tasting knowing that while buying 4 bottles the $6 for the two of us did not get forgotten. POOR marketing! People nice, but not as knowledgeable about the wines we would have liked more knowledge. The person waiting on us told us there were over 700 wineries in the state. The best number we could find is around 100-200. CRAZY! Anyway, if you are looking for a beautiful location this is it.

Thanks for you response, and we do love our location!
We are one of many wineries in Pennsylvania that charge for tastings. We established tasting fees to help keep the cost of purchasing wine down and for the safety of our guests. Since we have a six wine flyte, and each sample is an ounce, we think of it as an inexpensive glass of wine.

You are correct, there are not 700 wineries in PA, only a bit over 100 and this has been reiterated to our staff. Thanks again, and we do hope you visit again.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We visited Hauser Winery on the Saturday before Memorial Day. The place is nice and the view is great, but that's about all I can say. The place was packed, and the employees were not very friendly. In fact, we didn't even get to do the wine tasting. When we entered the building, an employee there referred us to another area for tasting. We waited there only to be told that they were no longer doing wine tastings for the day, even though people were wine tasting all around us. Obviously, she didn't want bothered. We left and went to Reid's.

1  Thank Pamela H

I am sorry about the miscommunication the day you visited. We do end our tastings at 4pm so that we can get ready for our free concerts every Friday and Saturday. There may have been people still doing a tasting that had arrived earlier. Regardless, I do apologize and hope that you will come see us again. Thank you.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Too many problems to list. Suffice it to say until they come up with a way to even reasonably service this event they should stop stealing people's money. Lesson learned

Polly P, Owner at Hauser Estate Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

I am sorry you didn't have a good experience with us on Mother's Day. I am a bit surprised. In the 3 weeks that have past since the event, we have only had positive reviews of our Mother's Day brunch. Please feel free to contact us at info@hauserestate.com about your visit. We are always trying to improve, but it is difficult when we do not have specific examples. Thank you.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Hauser Estate Winery is a place my husband and I love to go, and drink a glass of wine, or two, and enjoy the beautiful views, music and food (catered by a variety of different chefs/restaurants). Hauser's sit's on the top of a little mountain overlooking Cashtown Road and the historic Round Barn, just minutes out of Gettysburg. Words cannot describe the breathtaking view from their patio and deck; you must go and see for yourself. The wine is wonderful, the "Sweet One", is my favorite! They also have hard apple cider; which is really good, too! They often host many different fun activities during the week and weekends, check out their website for current events. They offer wine tasting and an occasional tour of the wine cellar (I think you may need to call ahead about that). Our 10 yr. old, loves to come with us, sit on the deck and drink his soda (they sell, at the winery), enjoy the view and listen to the band. I have noticed many people bring their own picnic and enjoy the evening's; I need to try that once. I do recommend that you check them out; I think you would be very pleased.

Thanks!