“Great weekend”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bird in Hand
Toms Brook, Virginia
“Great weekend”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Just spent the weekend here, everything was great. The room was super clean, the grounds beautiful and the staff was super kind. I had to ask the housekeeping staff for some extra towels and they were so kind, they didn't mind helping me and didn't treat me like a bother. I hope to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gabesgirl2014
Alicia A, Guest Relations Manager at Bird-In-Hand Family Inn, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
We're happy to hear you had such a nice time and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Lyons, New York
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My wife & I stayed for 3 nights in early August 2014. The property is very nice- clean rooms, nice outdoor & indoor pools (2 indoor pools), a LARGE hot tub, ping pong and pool table in the pool area, small game room, a small fitness area, walking track around a large pond, ice cream store on site serving sundaes/milkshakes etc and mini golf courses on site. There is a small petting zoo were kids can feed the animals and a scooter rental on site. Everything was very clean and staff very pleasant. One thing I hope to do the next time we are there, and I think it is an awesome thing that they offer guests for free, is the 2 hour bus tour of the area that departs right from the hotel. Most tours cost an additional fee, but this is free for guests! They have outdoor chairs and loungers in their front yard were we saw people sitting every day & night. They also were handing guests a small homemade loaf of bread with berries in it as they checked in. Very nice and no complaints.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Paul F
ohio
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We took a family vacation stopping here for two nights. The hotel itself is older and nothing special but had a very nice playground area, three swimming pools (2 inside and one outdoors) along with a miniature golf course that my four year old loved. It was fun to watch the buggies drive by and the staff made the hotel great, at check in they gave us free strawberry bread from their bakery and were some of the nicest smiling folks you could have the pleasure of meeting. They suggested some local places to eat, fun things to do and just overall very accommodating. The restaurant on property was ok, lots of options but nothing that we thought was spectacular. Rooms were standard, clean and comfortable but walls were thin as you can definitely hear your neighbors.

If you have young children, I would recommend this place for the amenities for sure. We are so glad we took the advice of a staff member and visited Dutch wonderland, which I will be writing a glowing review of!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank bigdreams
Davenport
Reviewed 18 July 2014

If you like a fancy hotel, this spot is not for you and in fact could actually stand an update. However if you want amenities plus this is the place for you. Everyone who stays there gets a free two hour tour of the Amish countryside with 2 to 3 stops at shops on the back roads. They have tennis courts, basketball court, new play ground equipment, two on site miniature golf courses, snack shop, game room, exercise room, a huge outdoor pool, 2 huge indoor pools and the largest hot tub I have ever seen. They also have a very good restaurant and gift shop. Beds are very comfy and though the restaurant is not open on Sundays they do have a brunch exclusively for their guests. They also have a gathering area around a fire pit and a great lobby for visiting. The room were very clean and the beds very comfortable. This location is money well spent.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank DavenportPete
Alicia A, Guest Relations Manager at Bird-In-Hand Family Inn, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
And don't forget the petting zoo and duck pond with walking trail! We're glad to know you were able to take advantage of so many of the amenities we offer. We hope to see you again soon.
Manalapan
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I have been coming to this hotel many times with my family. The pools are great, the arcade is amazing, petting zoo rocks, and the two miniature golf courses are so much fun. Smorgasbord is excellent for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We were staying on the third floor in the hotel part of the resort and our room was spotless... Housekeeping was very nice to us and we enjoyed an excellent view of the country roads... Overall stay was a 10/10!!!

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Joey_Castelli_J
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

After staying 10 or 11 years here I found the front of the hotel very very disappointing . Our girl trip to the most accommodating motel in bird and a hand disappointing . We reserve every year 2 rooms and have had a wonderful experience except last September our room had a cricket that sounded off all night off and slugs on the wall under sink which us sissy killed bugs flying all night in our room a nightmare !!! We told
clerk at front desk her reply was she had a cricket in her house that kept her awake !!! I guess that wasn't answer I wanted at my state of mind with no sleep !!! This is my favorite place to stay so this year we booked room in hotel keeping our fingers crossed no crickets !!
I would say stay here because it is a great place but will not stay out front again sadly because it is nice to sit and watch the balloons and the buggies but I also want to sleep well so I will stay in back!! Also the restaurant has the most amazing waitress Linda is her name ask for her she is fabulous !!!!

Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Sylviacash
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The room was very basic but adequate for our 1 night stay. We had a great experience and would recommend booking the 1 or 2 night family package. The breakfast selection was excellent and the evening dinner very enjoyable and sociable. This was a great addition to our 2 week road trip.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Roz20748
Thanks for allowing us to be a part of your vacation and for recommending us to others. Come see us again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bird in Hand
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
AmishView Inn & Suites
AmishView Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Bird in Hand
Fulton Steamboat Inn
Fulton Steamboat Inn
#2 of 39 in Lancaster
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn & Suites
Bird-in-Hand Village Inn & Suites

Been to Bird-In-Hand Family Inn? Share your experiences!