“Good local beer and wine”

Rumspringa Brewing Company
Ranked #10 of 15 things to do in Bird in Hand
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Good local beer and wine”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The drinks are good and reasonably priced. The food leaves something to be desired. I recommend you eat before you go, but definitely worth a stop to try what they have to drink.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Heather H

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great beers & food!”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I have been here a few times (normally twice a year) and each time is great! I love the wine choices & my husband is more of the beer drinker so there is something for both of us! The snack choices were good, I haven't been back to try the newest stuff added to the menu but hopefully I will be there soon. The workers are always friendly & patient. I have taken my young son (now 2.5) every time we have been there without any problems, he loved the pretzels and cheese plate.

Visited September 2013
Mattituck, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Very different than my last visit...”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

My husband and I travel to Lancaster twice a year, once in the summer and once in the spring for AQS Quilt Week. We have been to Rumspringa Brewing Company several times and have always recommended to friends and family who visit the area. We have, in the past, found this to be an enjoyable place to unwind and have a light snack. Saturday, March 8th was vastly different experience than our previous visits.

My husband and I stopped in the afternoon. We sampled several wines downstairs, the two gentlemen were very knowledgable and friendly. They recommended a few excellent wines, which we purchased along with a few unique gifts for our family. We then decided to go upstairs to so we could have a light lunch and some beer. This is when things took a bad turn.

We proceeded upstairs, I sat down at a clean table and my husband went up to the bar to order our food and beer. The young girl with the glasses behind the bar could not have been any more disinterested in her job if she tried. She did not acknowledge my husband for nearly 15 minutes, she busied herself wiping down the back part of the bar and the some glasses. After finally taking our order, she told my husband that the food he chose would take at least 10 to 15 minutes to prepare. There was another woman with dark hair walking between the kitchen and the bar, she appeared very flustered and gave the impression that the patrons were disturbing her.

We waited 25 minutes for our food, which was hot on the outside and still ice cold on the inside. They should have stuck with their previous menu which offered BBQ sandwich and a plate with local cheeses and meats, much tastier and cooked properly.

Overall, our experience upstairs was terrible, the staff was unwelcoming and disinterested and the food was barely mediocre. The ladies upstairs could take a lesson in customer service from the two gentlemen downstairs in the wine shop.

Visited March 2014
4 Thank Jacklyn L
Catherine L, Guest Relations Manager at Rumspringa Brewing Company, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. We have shared your comments with the Manager and staff. We will re-inspect our equipment to make sure our new oven is operating properly. If there is ever anything we can do to enhance your visit while you are on the premises, please notify the staff on duty and we will be happy to assist you with finding a solution. Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to improve our business.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Pathetic”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Rumspringa had the most horrific service and food imaginable. 25 minutes to order food and a beer with only 10 other people in the place. On top of that their prepackaged appetizers were still cold in the middle. How do you mess up deep frying food? Our other food order never even made it out to our table. He must have forgot since he was busy with zero other food orders. We ended up paying 25 bucks for 2 drinks and 2 horrible apps. (1 of which we never got) We walked out extremely unimpressed. Never again!!!

Visited March 2014
4 Thank Colinjennymx
Catherine L, Guest Relations Manager at Rumspringa Brewing Company, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
We were sorry to learn of your poor experience at Rumspringa and we take your feedback very seriously. We have recently expanded our menu and are implementing some new equipment. The oven temperature was incorrect when staff prepared your appetizer. We have since re-calibrated the oven, and addressed the issue of the other food order not making it to your table and the employee responsible for the unsatisfactory service.

Please do us the honor of returning; we’d like the opportunity to make it right with you. We have sent you a private message for future contact. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention and giving us the opportunity to correct the issues and make improvements for your next visit. We hope to hear from you soon!
Seaside Park, New Jersey
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Average beer, interesting stories”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We went to the Rumspringa brewery the weekend of 2/15/14. We went relatively early for a brewery (11:30am), but the place was absolutely empty. We were the only patrons in the upstairs tap room. The bartender shared funny stories about the Amish, maybe because nothing else was going on I guess. The beer was average at best. If you're passing by, stop in for a pint. However, I wouldn't make a trip of it.

Visited February 2014