“Fantastic bake goods”

Bird-in-Hand Bake Shop
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Bird in Hand
Cuisines: American
Description: Family-owned & operated since 1972.
Description: Family-owned & operated since 1972.
Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic bake goods”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Make sure your trip to this area includes a stop at this bakery. I wish we lived nearby so we could stop in regularly. The bake goods are fantastic!! I'm sure any selection would be enjoyable. The outdoor area is also very inviting and can be enjoyed while eating your fresh baked goods. The pretzels that were sold outside the bakery in the truck out front were also fantastic. We enjoyed these more than some that we bought in town. Save lots of room in your belly for this stop and enjoy!!

• Visited August 2014

Lyons, New York
“Must stop by this bakery”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My wife & I ate breakfast here 2 out of our 3 mornings. The donuts were extremely fresh, excellent coffee, very pleasant staff, and a wide assortment of baked goods. They have nice little tables and chairs outside to sit and watch the Amish buggies pass by.

Visited August 2014
Southampton, Pennsylvania
“A slice of heaven”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Of the main road and back into the farmland sits the best kept secret bake shop. Unfortunately the tourist buses have started stopping here. The women who work in this shop are always very friendly and the baked goods are delicious. They also have some local crafts to tempt you. I love stopping here and it is nice to sit under the trees and watch the goats and chickens.

• Visited August 2014
Lynbrook, New York
“Wonderful smell!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I bought baked goods and loved them. I love the smell as you walk in! I also loved that they had a truck outside that sold the best homemade pretzels. I loved seeing the roosters. This was our second time to go and can't wait to go back.

Visited July 2014
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Delightful place”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

While in Lancaster, I wasn't able to convince my 12-year old daughter to go with me on a buggy ride, so instead we came here, and it was delightful. We bought ice cream and went outside and sat for an hour on one of the rocking benches in front. I recommend doing the same if the weather is inviting. We saw a little bit of Amish life stream by, notably people of all ages on bicycle/scooters (perhaps bicycles are against their Ordnung?).

Good ice cream, pleasant and polite service (not surprisingly), very pleasant and inexpensive (less than $5) Amish experience.

• Visited July 2014