“Delicious”

Bird In Hand Bake Shop
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Bird in Hand
Cuisines: American
Description: Family-owned & operated since 1972.
Description: Family-owned & operated since 1972.
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Fresh baked good with only wholesome ingredients. They have just about anything you may have your mouth watering for. Pies, bread, buns, cookies, cakes, donuts and more. They are so fresh may be still be warm for the oven.
I highly recommend :)

Reviewed 3 July 2017

We loved the whoopee pies in the bakery after we finished our lunch, but their soups and sandwiches are large and excellent. The BBLT had at least 4-5 pieces of bacon on it. They also serve ice cream. A really good pace for a quick lunch before you find a smorgasbord for dinner. LOL

Reviewed 2 July 2017

Our frequent visits to Lancaster would not be complete without a stop (or two) at the Bird-in-Hand Bake Shop on Gibbons Road. They have the best whoopie pies.
Their molasses cookies are delicious too! The gift shop is very nice with a wide selection of items including jams, honey, apple butter, noodles, candles, key chains, books, birdhouses, etc. They also sell ice cream. Outside there is an area where you can feed baby goats, roosters and chickens. There is a small playground and gliders to relax on. (There are also very clean restrooms on the property.) It is a beautiful setting.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

My husband and I popped in for a sandwich. I ordered a half-sandwich so I could save room for a treat from the bakery. The half was plenty and absolutely delicious. Then for the hard part....deciding what treat I wanted. Husband got a whoopie pie and I had a chocolate frosted creme puff. Wish I lived close by; I would be their best customer.

1  Thank Karen C
Reviewed 28 June 2017

Another excellent choice for bakery goods when visiting the Bird-In-Hand area. A little less expensive than its competitors but not on the main road. Nice staff and very friendly service.