“Best sticky buns - EVER !”

Bird in Hand Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Bird in Hand
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Richmond, VA
“Best sticky buns - EVER !”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Every thing looked so good it was hard to decide but ended up with the best sticky buns I have ever eaten. Not only do I respect the hard work put into making all of the items for sale; the cleanliness of the store; but most of all the taste ! YUM!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank kayeteekaye
Alicia A, Guest Relations Manager at Bird in Hand Bakery & Cafe, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
We’re delighted that you enjoyed Grandma Smucker's Pennsylvania Dutch sticky buns so much! Have you tried our apple fritters and whoopie pies? Yum! We hope to see you again soon.

NY
“Been disappointed the last few times”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I have always loved their red velvet cake.The last year or two, (I visit a few times a year), I've noticed that the cake is always stale... Never fresh and soft, unless you have a slice from an entire cake . They sell their cakes sliced and wrapped in saran wrap. Just found out, that they bake and slice these in advance and freeze them. They then color code the price tags, so they know how old these slices are. They leave them for sale for about 2 to 3 days before they put them in reduced sale. When I go to a bakery, I expect fresh, just baked. Now I know why my red velvet slices are always stale. I'm done. I won't buy them by the slice anymore. I'm getting not 1 day old, but 2 to 3 day old cake. I guess they figure the tourists take them and leave, so there is no one to around who will complain.. I want fresh for my money.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank mittmott
brownsmills, nj
“our favorite bakery”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

its not a very big place. fair amount of parking. but tight. park across street on weekends better. as you walk up you smell the aromas of what your about to find. once inside there it all is. donuts, cakes, breads, samples, drinks where do you start. we always start with the day old section. get a discount on some very good baked goods. then we taste the samples, while looking over everything else to buy. we always leave with our tummy and hands full. on a nice day sit on the outside patio to sample your goods

Visited January 2014
Beltsville,Md
“Always very good”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Made a regular visit tot he bakery and as usual all was very good. Took home the Vanilla Pie and it was excellent. Also took out a few Whoppie Pies and they were very good. If in the area stop in and pick up some treats. May want to call ahead if you want something seasonal as it may sell out.

Visited January 2014
Alicia A, Guest Relations Manager at Bird in Hand Bakery & Cafe, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
We’re so happy to have repeat guests like you. Come see us again when you’re in the area.
Hampton, Virginia
“Mouth-watering Goodness!”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We love this bakery and get cookies there every time we visit. They have a large variety of baked goods but we are always drawn to the mouth-watering cookies! They're huge, soft and very fresh. We can't wait to get more!

• Visited December 2013