“Lovely little stop on our tour!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bird in Hand Soft Pretzel Company
Ranked #7 of 15 Restaurants in Bird in Hand
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This sweet little place is in the heart of Amish Country, and we really enjoyed our brief stop. Our tour guide told us that Bird-in-Hand's bathrooms were the largest on our tour, and they were correct. There were lots of other tour buses visiting at the same time, but we enjoyed the beautiful quilts and home-made goodies inside the store. The Amish employees were very friendly & appreciative of our business. The countryside was absolutely beautiful. The little goats out back and the rocker/gliders out front made for some great photosgraphs.

1  Thank Vacationermom

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Okay, so the title is a bit harsh - who really *hates* pretzels? Most people I know love them; I can usually leave them. Occasionally I'll have a bite of someone else's if they offer it but pretzels are definitely not on my list of go-to snacks. However when you're in the car with a group of pretzel-lovers and someone cries, "Oh! We should go get a soft pretzel!", there's no getting out of it.

Instead of sitting in the car like a sensible person I went inside with the group. In my defense it was downright warm outside and definitely too hot to sit in a vehicle. So in I went.

Holy mother of snacks. The smell was divine. The ambiance? Meh. But the SMELL ... I can't even describe it. Like bread baking but way better (and there's not many things better smelling than fresh-baked bread in my book). So I watch as first one and then another of our group step up and order their custom-flavored pretzels .... I *had* to try one when I saw the counter girl dipping those fresh, soft pretzels into a bowl of melted butter and then swirling them around in another bowl of spices, flavorings, or whatever the customer had requested. When I saw the big bowl of cinnamon sugar I was completely defenseless.

So up I step and order my cinnamon-sugar pretzel.

O. M. G. "Good" doesn't come close to describing it. "Fantastic" is far too weak a description. "Heavenly" is getting there but still nowhere close. The last thing I need is any sort of bread item soaked in butter and then rolled in sugar, but talk about good? Yeah. It was way beyond that.

So go for a snack. Don't expect any ambiance or frills or even a place to sit. Just go get a pretzel, have them swirl it around in whatever flavor grabs your fancy and just thank your lucky stars you're in Bird-in-Hand enjoying it.

2  Thank cliffysmom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

OMG, they wanted to charge me 25 cents for a squirt of ketchup. we bought hot dogs wrapped in pretzels, and a turkey ranch pocket and they would not give us ketchup for free they made us buy it, really. Never have we been charged for ketchup in our life, RIP OFF

1  Thank blueeye2323