“Still A Great Place To Stay Even After Major Upgrades”

AmishView Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bird in Hand
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My family stayed at Amishview Inn from June 20th to 22nd. They have built and opened the new building since our last stay a year ago. I was concerned that things would change because I love the grounds of Amishview Inn. It is so relaxing. Well I was happy to discover that things are still beautiful there. The aura did change a bit in the area that I like to sit, but it's all good. I found another place to go and relax. I love it outside on the grounds.

There were some bumps in the road though and my wife and I credit it to growing pains. This was the first time since 2005 that our room was not ready when we got there. Normally our room would be ready early. There were a couple/few others who were waiting for their room to be ready after checkin time of 3:00. Apparently something went awry with their system because I heard the guy at the front desk saying that the computer shows the room is not ready, but in one case it was. So they were manually checking the rooms to see if they were ready and some actually were. We waited for over an hour to get to our room. I was a bit annoyed because we were out all day since 7:30 in the morning visiting places before checking. However, Amishview Inn offered to treat us to dinner at Plain n Fancy restaurant. Now that's how you take care of your customers!

The room was great as expected. We actually stayed in the same room back in 2010. The view from any room was beautiful. Our view was of the farm behind the hotel. The room was clean and neat as always. We stayed in the two room suite in case my mom was able to come. She wasn't able so our son stayed in the room. He loved it. All rooms and the living area have flat screen TVs and DVD players. We had a small kitchenette area with full refrigerator. We even had a fireplace, which we didn't use (It's summertime).

Another area my wife and I was concerned about with the new building and new guests was how it would impact the breakfast area. Let me tell you that the pictures of the breakfast area on Amishview's website doesn't do it justice. They maintained that quaint ambiance and added more tables. The food area was extended and much better than before. I remember baked oatmeal, sausage, bacon, french toast, eggs, potatoes, omelettes made to order, Belgium waffles, and much more. It was great. They upgraded the dining area very very well!

Another great thing we like about Amishview Inn is that it is close to "everything." We can go to the outlets (about 10-15 minutes away), Kitchen Kettle Village (up the road), a plethora of Amish shops, Shops and stores on Rt. 30, and much more! We love the location of Amishview Inn. We have thought of staying at other hotels, but always come back to Amishview Inn.

Though there was a glitch with our room being ready, which we just assumed something went awry that day or growing pains, we are still extremely happy with Amishview Inn. We are already planning our vacation for next year. We really wanted to stay an extra day, but had to come back due to a previously scheduled appointment on Monday. I highly recommend Amishview Inn if you are visiting the Lancaster county area.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that faces the farm at the back of the hotel. The view is great
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cunningw
Dana B, Public Relations Manager at AmishView Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for your review and for choosing our Inn for your getaways the last several years! Our location, surrounded by quiet Amish farms, great service, attention to the details and our hearty, hot breakfast are just some of the reasons our guests look forward to staying with us. Thanks again for sharing your comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

There are newer reviews for AmishView Inn & Suites

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Very well kept hotel with complimentary Wifi, and a complimentary breakfast spread that rivals some well known hotels (in huge common dining area)! Did I mention the pool and spa, in full view of gym and game room (for concerned parents who want to keep an eye on the kids).

Try to get a room with the farm view. Nice view at dusk and dawn! Hotel was very affordable when booking our stay with Sight and Sound Theater production of Moses!

I also recommend the horse and buggy ride, only a 4 min. walk from hotel down the street ($14 for adults and $10 for children) ...Ask for Susan (a very informative Amish history tour guide).

Hope this helps... ;)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Willie F

Thank you for sharing your comments with us! I am very glad you enjoyed everything about your visit and were able to experience the attractions that are offered onsite! Thank you again and we hope you return again soon!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

My husband and I planned a weekend getaway in one of their brand new king luxury suites overlooking the Amish farmlands. The suite was absolutely stunning, very modern decor and amenities. It was comfortable and quiet. The staff that we interacted with were all very nice. They had a nice breakfast that was included also. Unfortunately we only got to stay one night because of a family emergency. The desk clerk was very understanding and assured me that the Getaway Package coupons were good until the end of the year so hopefully, we will get to return and enjoy ourselves next time. The grounds are beautifully landscaped, too. This place was one of the nicest places my husband and I have stayed.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review! I’m so glad you chose our NEW Grand King room for your weekend getaway! The new rooms are indeed very beautiful and we’re glad that you were able to utilize the amenities! Thank you so much for your comments and we look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This hotel, the new wing which is for adults only, is beautiful. No complaints there. However, 3 hours ago I called the housekeeping number on my desk and left a message with a nice man for another roll of toilet paper. Still haven't seen it. (P.S. I have a chronic bladder condition, and this is serious for me!)

Room Tip: Stay in the Grand King. Just lovely with incredible views of the surrounding farmland. Wish I had br...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry that you did not have a good experience with us! I apologize that the front desk did not receive your message in a timely matter. I will share your comments with our management team.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

My daughter and I recently returned from our visit to Lancaster and chose this Inn for our stay. Since she is over 18 we were privileged to stay in the new west wing that has a king size bed, a mini kitchenette behind a cupboard door and the bathroom with the separate tub with a TV to watch, glass shower, and another door leading to the toilet inside.
The view is magnificent of the Amish farmlands. The only downside is that there is no outdoor access walkway behind the main building or the west wing to take a picture. You must take it through a window. I don't know what the standard rooms are like so I will limit my review to area we stayed. There is an elevator that takes you to your floor and a small hallway that leads to your designated room.

I did notice the mini fridge had a very tiny freezer which needed defrosted. Since I had no use for it I didn't bother to call on this matter. I did however, need a blanket. The front desk was as helpful as ever and had two blankets sent my way immediately. The front desk was also helpful in giving us directions as to other places we wanted to go eat.

I toured the basement and found a standard pool and whirlpool, along with a small fitness area. They looked clean and inviting.

The bed was very comfortable and when we woke up went to the main breakfast area behind the front desk. You do get a full breakfast with various "stations" if you want continental or hot foods. They have someone at the grill who will make made to order omelets, eggs, or Belgium waffles. They had a nice hot food area consisting of bacon, sausage, quiche, and hash browns to name a few. In addition to coffee and tea they offer hot chocolate and a choice of either orange or apple juice. The only small downside I noticed was in the cereal area the oatmeal was in small bags as you would find at a supermarket. I felt with all this elegance they should have had oatmeal already precooked in one of the hot foods.

The Inn sits on the edge of Plain and Fancy farm and the Amish experience where as a guest you receive discount coupons to visit. Parking was not a problem for us. I truly enjoyed getting away from the hustle and bustle of Route 30 and enjoying the relaxing atmosphere this place had to offer.

I was also impressed that if you look towards the roof of the lobby there is a half wraparound picture of an Amish barn raising.

Outside of the minor areas mentioned we had a restful and enjoyable stay. I am glad to have made my decision to stay here and will do so again if my travels bring me this way.

Room Tip: By far the new Western wing with the King bed is your best choice but it is limited to people over 1...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Arlene M
Dana B, Public Relations Manager at AmishView Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent visit with us. I'm delighted to hear that you and your daughter had an enjoyable time staying at our Inn. Our new Grand King Rooms are truly one of a kind, and are "fit for a king." We all look forward to your next stay with us in Lancaster County!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This place really has a lovely peaceful view of an Amish farm. It is adjacent to a restaurant and buggy rides, but is not right in town. Breakfast was what you would expect of a place that also runs a restaurant--almost anything you could want. I loved the quiche and sticky buns, but they also had made to order omelets, waffles and the other normal breakfast items kept hot and replenished. Front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. They also offered discounts at their restaurants and activities.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Dana B, Public Relations Manager at AmishView Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for your review. I am glad you found that our Inn had everything you needed to relax and enjoy your visit to Lancaster County. Our fresh, hot breakfast is great way to start your day. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed at the Amish View once in 2012 and again in 2014. Enjoyable stay both times. Off the busy roads but still a convenient location. The staff were very pleasant. The breakfast was excellent. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: We had no problem with the rooms we stayed in. In 2012 the room was in the front; in 2014 the room...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dana B, Public Relations Manager at AmishView Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are so honored that you chose to stay with us again for your last visit! We truly have an amazing staff that are very attentive to our guests. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bird in Hand
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Fulton Steamboat Inn
Fulton Steamboat Inn
#1 of 39 in Lancaster
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
Comfort Suites Amish Country
Comfort Suites Amish Country
#14 of 39 in Lancaster

Been to AmishView Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!