My family stayed at Amishview Inn from June 20th to 22nd. They have built and opened the new building since our last stay a year ago. I was concerned that things would change because I love the grounds of Amishview Inn. It is so relaxing. Well I was happy to discover that things are still beautiful there. The aura did change a bit in the area that I like to sit, but it's all good. I found another place to go and relax. I love it outside on the grounds.
There were some bumps in the road though and my wife and I credit it to growing pains. This was the first time since 2005 that our room was not ready when we got there. Normally our room would be ready early. There were a couple/few others who were waiting for their room to be ready after checkin time of 3:00. Apparently something went awry with their system because I heard the guy at the front desk saying that the computer shows the room is not ready, but in one case it was. So they were manually checking the rooms to see if they were ready and some actually were. We waited for over an hour to get to our room. I was a bit annoyed because we were out all day since 7:30 in the morning visiting places before checking. However, Amishview Inn offered to treat us to dinner at Plain n Fancy restaurant. Now that's how you take care of your customers!
The room was great as expected. We actually stayed in the same room back in 2010. The view from any room was beautiful. Our view was of the farm behind the hotel. The room was clean and neat as always. We stayed in the two room suite in case my mom was able to come. She wasn't able so our son stayed in the room. He loved it. All rooms and the living area have flat screen TVs and DVD players. We had a small kitchenette area with full refrigerator. We even had a fireplace, which we didn't use (It's summertime).
Another area my wife and I was concerned about with the new building and new guests was how it would impact the breakfast area. Let me tell you that the pictures of the breakfast area on Amishview's website doesn't do it justice. They maintained that quaint ambiance and added more tables. The food area was extended and much better than before. I remember baked oatmeal, sausage, bacon, french toast, eggs, potatoes, omelettes made to order, Belgium waffles, and much more. It was great. They upgraded the dining area very very well!
Another great thing we like about Amishview Inn is that it is close to "everything." We can go to the outlets (about 10-15 minutes away), Kitchen Kettle Village (up the road), a plethora of Amish shops, Shops and stores on Rt. 30, and much more! We love the location of Amishview Inn. We have thought of staying at other hotels, but always come back to Amishview Inn.
Though there was a glitch with our room being ready, which we just assumed something went awry that day or growing pains, we are still extremely happy with Amishview Inn. We are already planning our vacation for next year. We really wanted to stay an extra day, but had to come back due to a previously scheduled appointment on Monday. I highly recommend Amishview Inn if you are visiting the Lancaster county area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on an AAA Scenic Byway Surrounded by Amish farms, AmishView Inn provides the intimate atmosphere of a bed & breakfast with the amenities of an upscale Lancaster, PA hotel. From extra fluffy bath towels to a complimentary hot country breakfast buffet, our goal is to make each one of our guests feel special. We are confident that we are the nicest 3-diamond, non-smoking hotel in South Central Pennsylvania. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your AmishView Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amishview Hotel Bird In Hand
- Amishview Inn And Suites
- Amish View Inn
- AmishView Inn & Suites Bird In Hand, PA - Lancaster County