“So nice!!”

AmishView Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bird in Hand
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We celebrated our anniversary here and loved it. It is in a great location and the room was amazing. We were on the 1st floor facing the back of the building. It is not such a great view but everything else was. We took the package with the dinner included and loved Millers. I wish we could have stayed longer but next time we get out this way we will be staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dana B, Public Relations Manager at AmishView Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for your review. It sounds like you truly had a great experience with us! From our breathtaking views to our hot country breakfast, we take pride in providing our guests the best experience possible. I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed dining at Miller's as well! Thank you again for your review and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future!

There are newer reviews for AmishView Inn & Suites

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed for one night and loved the place. Very clean and great customer service. The breakfast was outstanding. One of the best free breakfasts we ever had. It was also very convienent to alot of things we wanted to see.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our accommodations and hot country breakfast! Thanks again for your review and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This venue is mainly for couples only; even the two bedroom suite had only king beds so one of us had to use the sofabed. Once again, couples are welcome---not families! The hot breakfast isn't hot after 8 AM, by then it's bordering on cold. While the furniture is lovely, the doors on the armoire keep obscuring the TV. Multiple magazines had to be stuffed in the opewnings to keep the doors open. Made a call to the front desk to make sure the housekeeper wouldn't touch the TV cabinet doors. This is the excuse they gave for not removing the garbage under the kitchen sink. They sent up a laughing hyena to finally pick up the garbage. The housekeeping is very lax. We were out all day and still came back to an untouched suite---this is a four-night $1200.00 suite---what happens in other rooms?

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank LONGISLANDER21

I'm very sorry that you did not enjoy your recent visit with us. I'm also sorry that you were unhappy with the breakfast provided and with our staff. Your comments, however, are appreciated and I do hope that you will consider staying with us again. I will be sharing your comments with our Management team.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

My family stayed at Amishview Inn from June 20th to 22nd. They have built and opened the new building since our last stay a year ago. I was concerned that things would change because I love the grounds of Amishview Inn. It is so relaxing. Well I was happy to discover that things are still beautiful there. The aura did change a bit in the area that I like to sit, but it's all good. I found another place to go and relax. I love it outside on the grounds.

There were some bumps in the road though and my wife and I credit it to growing pains. This was the first time since 2005 that our room was not ready when we got there. Normally our room would be ready early. There were a couple/few others who were waiting for their room to be ready after checkin time of 3:00. Apparently something went awry with their system because I heard the guy at the front desk saying that the computer shows the room is not ready, but in one case it was. So they were manually checking the rooms to see if they were ready and some actually were. We waited for over an hour to get to our room. I was a bit annoyed because we were out all day since 7:30 in the morning visiting places before checking. However, Amishview Inn offered to treat us to dinner at Plain n Fancy restaurant. Now that's how you take care of your customers!

The room was great as expected. We actually stayed in the same room back in 2010. The view from any room was beautiful. Our view was of the farm behind the hotel. The room was clean and neat as always. We stayed in the two room suite in case my mom was able to come. She wasn't able so our son stayed in the room. He loved it. All rooms and the living area have flat screen TVs and DVD players. We had a small kitchenette area with full refrigerator. We even had a fireplace, which we didn't use (It's summertime).

Another area my wife and I was concerned about with the new building and new guests was how it would impact the breakfast area. Let me tell you that the pictures of the breakfast area on Amishview's website doesn't do it justice. They maintained that quaint ambiance and added more tables. The food area was extended and much better than before. I remember baked oatmeal, sausage, bacon, french toast, eggs, potatoes, omelettes made to order, Belgium waffles, and much more. It was great. They upgraded the dining area very very well!

Another great thing we like about Amishview Inn is that it is close to "everything." We can go to the outlets (about 10-15 minutes away), Kitchen Kettle Village (up the road), a plethora of Amish shops, Shops and stores on Rt. 30, and much more! We love the location of Amishview Inn. We have thought of staying at other hotels, but always come back to Amishview Inn.

Though there was a glitch with our room being ready, which we just assumed something went awry that day or growing pains, we are still extremely happy with Amishview Inn. We are already planning our vacation for next year. We really wanted to stay an extra day, but had to come back due to a previously scheduled appointment on Monday. I highly recommend Amishview Inn if you are visiting the Lancaster county area.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that faces the farm at the back of the hotel. The view is great
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cunningw

Thank you for your review and for choosing our Inn for your getaways the last several years! Our location, surrounded by quiet Amish farms, great service, attention to the details and our hearty, hot breakfast are just some of the reasons our guests look forward to staying with us. Thanks again for sharing your comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Very well kept hotel with complimentary Wifi, and a complimentary breakfast spread that rivals some well known hotels (in huge common dining area)! Did I mention the pool and spa, in full view of gym and game room (for concerned parents who want to keep an eye on the kids).

Try to get a room with the farm view. Nice view at dusk and dawn! Hotel was very affordable when booking our stay with Sight and Sound Theater production of Moses!

I also recommend the horse and buggy ride, only a 4 min. walk from hotel down the street ($14 for adults and $10 for children) ...Ask for Susan (a very informative Amish history tour guide).

Hope this helps... ;)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Willie F

Thank you for sharing your comments with us! I am very glad you enjoyed everything about your visit and were able to experience the attractions that are offered onsite! Thank you again and we hope you return again soon!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

My husband and I planned a weekend getaway in one of their brand new king luxury suites overlooking the Amish farmlands. The suite was absolutely stunning, very modern decor and amenities. It was comfortable and quiet. The staff that we interacted with were all very nice. They had a nice breakfast that was included also. Unfortunately we only got to stay one night because of a family emergency. The desk clerk was very understanding and assured me that the Getaway Package coupons were good until the end of the year so hopefully, we will get to return and enjoy ourselves next time. The grounds are beautifully landscaped, too. This place was one of the nicest places my husband and I have stayed.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review! I’m so glad you chose our NEW Grand King room for your weekend getaway! The new rooms are indeed very beautiful and we’re glad that you were able to utilize the amenities! Thank you so much for your comments and we look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This hotel, the new wing which is for adults only, is beautiful. No complaints there. However, 3 hours ago I called the housekeeping number on my desk and left a message with a nice man for another roll of toilet paper. Still haven't seen it. (P.S. I have a chronic bladder condition, and this is serious for me!)

Room Tip: Stay in the Grand King. Just lovely with incredible views of the surrounding farmland. Wish I had br...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry that you did not have a good experience with us! I apologize that the front desk did not receive your message in a timely matter. I will share your comments with our management team.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bird in Hand
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Fulton Steamboat Inn
Fulton Steamboat Inn
#1 of 39 in Lancaster
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
Comfort Suites Amish Country
Comfort Suites Amish Country
#14 of 39 in Lancaster

Been to AmishView Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!