“A Wonderful Hotel to Stay and Relax at” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of AmishView Inn & Suites

AmishView Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bird in Hand
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
“A Wonderful Hotel to Stay and Relax at”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2011

My wife and I have been staying at Amishview Inn since 2005. We go at least twice a year. What I like most about Amishview Inn is that it is very relaxing and you are so close to many places for shopping, entertainment, and exploring. The rooms are clean and open, though not modern. It would be nice if they upgraded the TVs from the old CRTs to flatpanels. However, I don't go to Amishview Inn to watch TV. I go because it is relaxing and the environment is so peaceful. The bathrooms are always clean--nothing fancy. We typically stay in the one room suite though in 2010 we stayed in the two room suite on one trip because my parents were with us.

The beds are comfortable in that I've never had a problem sleeping. The view is incredible (See my photos). The kitchen is ok. We didn't really use it much--Hey we were on vacation! The service is very good in that they are responsive when we call. We haven't had to call much. Housekeeping is very friendly and nice.

Though the rooms are very nice, what I liked most about staying at Amishview Inn is the outside area. I love walking outside and taking in the view of the farm across the street (Rt 340), the garden right on the premises (large garden), and the general feel of the place. It is very peaceful to me. The Plain & Fancy restaurant is on premise and they have a very nice gift shop. You can also get a buggy ride right on the premises.

The breakfast is nice. Typically they have omlets to order, sausage, baked oatmeal, muffins, cakes, cereals, fruit, etc. They have waffles too. I don't think I've ever had pancakes there. We sometimes go up to Millers for a fuller breakfast. The exercise room is ok--small. They have a few treadmills, and eliptical, bike, free weights, and a Universal machine. The swimming pool is nice too.

There is a choice for dinner. You can go to Bird-n-Hand Family restaurant a couple of miles or so up the road, Millers, or of course Plain and Fancy. There are other places relatively close by too.

The shopping. You are very close the the outlets, Kitchen Kettle Village, and a plethora of stores on Rt. 30. There are also little shops on 340 and back roads too. You are not too far from the Crystal Cave or Hershey Park.

I love going to Intercourse/Bird-n-Hand and I love staying at the Amishview Inn. I highly recommend it. Oh. One more thing. It is a bit pricy relatively speaking. However, it is worth it. For example, this past thanksgiving (2010) we had originally made reservations with Eden Resorts, but just couldn't pull myself away from Amishview Inn. I cancelled the Eden Resorts reservations and made new ones with Amishview Inn (not that Eden Resorts is bad. It is more modern than Amishview Inn, but the environment isn't as peaceful and relaxing, which I really want and need).

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Cunningw

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2011

My husband and I just wanted a quiet, romantic getaway for our 5 year wedding anniversary! This place was fabulous! The views were amazing, especially with the snow covered land. We had a suite room. The bed was a canopy bed, fireplace with sofa, kitchenette, and the jetted tub was awesome! The room was very clean, the decor and tiles were very nicely chosen and the room was immaculate! I always thoroughly inspect a room before I unpack, the bathroom looked brand new as if it was just installed for us!! The workers were friendly and nice! The breakfast was even good, lol. They cook your eggs to order and the great room also has a fireplace, large flat screen and a great view of the Amish land! My husband and I will definitely be going back!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carinap1212
Holderness, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2010

While in the Amish country with no advance reservations, we decided to try The Amish Inn & Suites. We were concerned about noise from the street, but there was none. It was very quiet, and the view from the rear of the Inn is so serene...we watched a young Amish boy plowing the fields every morning. The suite was very comfortable, clean and the service was outstanding. The front desk helped us with tickets to The Living Waters performance. Great breakfast, too. If we ever return to the Amish country, this is where we'll stay!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Busyinnkeepers
Orange, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2010

I stayed in 12 different hotels during the summer of 2010. We spent a two week vacation (in 6 hotels) touring historic Virginia and Pennsylvania. Most of the hotels offered the same amenities as the Amish Inn. Yes, the hotel has nice views and breakfast. The customer service was excellent. However, I found the bathrooms to be quite small. Some people like the sink out of the bathroom. I do not. In addition, there was not any space around or under the sink to store items. I like a nice big counter with lots of open space underneath the sink. The Amish Inn was approximately $40 more a night than other properties in the area (you are paying for the view and the breakfast). However, there is much to recommend about this property.
We chose to eat at the family style Plain and Fancy Restaurant. What a wonderful choice! Not only was the food delicious (and plentiful!), we spent almost three hours chatting with a delightful family from Great Britian. We also decided to splurge and take the VIP Amish tour. WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!! John, our tour leader, had personal relationships with the three Amish families. We were free to speak and ask questions of the Amish. John supplemented and answered more of our questions. I will always remember the response the last family gave us to this question.....what did they want us to take from their culture?.....the Amish mother said.....that we are just like you....we are not perfect......we are just people. I would like to thank the hotel for making this experience possible for us.

Stayed July 2010
Poughkeepsie, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2010

We stayed in a suite at the Amish Inn this past summer and had a great time! It was our first vacation with our 6 month daughter and the room was perfect for bottles and baby food preperation. We came with another couple and their 2 young boys and the room accomodated us perfectly. We were able to put the kids to sleep and stay up together afterwards. The rooms were clean and decorated nicely. The pool was empty which was perfect for Sofia to have her first swim! The breakfast was delicious, they could however use additional seating. They have cookies and coffee in the late afternoon which is another scrumptious treat. In addition, they are around 15 minutes from Dutch Wonderland and the Train Museum. All in all we could not have asked for a better hotel,

Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank kbolger
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2010

love this place, except it has become a lot pricier since my last stay. So much, that I really look elsewhere UNLESS its off season, like Jan.-March, you can get a good deal. The view is great facing the amish farm behind the building. ASK for that side!!!!! oh, and very good FREE food for breakfast, full made to order breakfast! YUM

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NewYorkJubilee
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2010

I always liked staying at this hotel, but they switched hands a few years and with every stay you can see how the hotel is changing. My suite was'nt ready when I arrived. I thought o.k I'll just stay out with the kids and come back later. When I came back only to find out it was the wrong suite they were sold out so they could'nt give me another. When we wanted to take showers there was'nt enough towels,pillows. the next day after a long day of being at hershey the rollaway bed was'nt there when I had to make the castro there was'nt any sheets. When I was packing the next day I was checking to make sure I did'nt forget anything When I pulled back the blanket on the bed Ther was two BLOOD SPOTS on the top sheet!!!!!! How disgusting!!!!!!We slept on dirty sheets NEVER AGAIN!!!!BEWARE!!!!!!They never said or did anything more than I'm very sorry about that I'll tell the manager who is never there.Almost 300.00 dollars a night for what??at least give me clean sheets.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Fulton Steamboat Inn
Fulton Steamboat Inn
#2 of 38 in Lancaster
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,830 reviews
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
Lancaster Arts Hotel
Lancaster Arts Hotel
#5 of 38 in Lancaster

Been to AmishView Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!