Amish Country Motel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Bird-In-Hand Family Inn(Bird in Hand)
US$132
US$91
US$99
US$78
US$82
Comfort Suites Amish Country(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$119
ComfortSuites
US$74
US$71
Red Roof
All reviewsamish countryfront lawnbird in hand family innhour bus tourtea and hot chocolatesmucker familyamish buggiesback porchexcellent locationcomplimentary tourour home away from homeperfect place to staylounge chairspeace and quietclean roomsice machinebusy road
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2011

A lovely and friendly motel. Roomy and clean rooms. Complimentary interesting tour to Amish country and culture. Worth staying in.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank xpis3
Reviewed 17 July 2011

What else can you ask for when visiting Amish Country? Just returned from 2 nights at the Amish Country Motel. We've stayed at other places in the area before (Steamboat Inn, Bird in Hand Family Inn, Bird in Hand Village Inn) but were looking for something a little more "price friendly" during the peak of the tourist season. We found that at the Amish Country Motel where we were able to get a room in the middle of summer for about $115 a night ($50-$75 cheaper than the other places I just listed).

This cheaper priced motel is more "no-frills" than others, but what it still has if not the same then better than the others, is cleanliness and a peaceful atmosphere. Our room was what we expected for a "motel", smaller than a normal size hotel room, but not by much. What was nice to see was that the carpet and bathroom floor had been recently replaced and the walls and ceiling appeared wallpapered and painted recently as well. The room was spotless and the decor fit the "Amish Country" theme well. We had no problem with outside noise (especially with the A/C running) and we were there during a time with no vacany, so every room was filled. Plenty of channels to choose from on TV and a small fridge as well. The main office has coffee and tea available from roughly 7am-9pm along with a very small gift shop.

Sitting outside our room on the very nicely maintained property around the motel was great. Lots of guest did the same and many were friendly, socialable and happy with the motel as well. We used the pool on a hot, sunny day....it was a little chilly, but it served its purpose to cool us off. It looks like the pool has been around for awhile, but overall it was in fair shape and appeared clean.

The staff at the Motel were helpful and friendly as well. Definetly made me feel welcomed.

Overall, if you are looking for a no-frills, clean, relaxing stay....and want to save some $$$ check out the Amish Country Motel. We'd definetely return, especially during the peak tourist season.

Room Tip: Request a 2nd floor room on the far end of the motel (better view from balcony/window)
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank Pars1978
Reviewed 19 June 2011

I love going to "Amish Country" down in Lancaster--it's relaxing and a great place to just get lost for a couple of days.

I've stayed at Amish Country Motel before, as well as at the other Smucker properties, and I heartily recommend both the motel and the area.

Staying on Route 30 can be a chore, with the constant traffic and endless restuarants, touristy places and outlets. Just a few minutes away is the Old Philadelphia Pike and Bird-in-Hand: quiet, less crowded, and altogether more pleasant.

The motel is nicely appointed and the rooms are quite large. The property is set back from the main road a bit, (not quite enough, as it DOES get noisy at night with the trucks going by!) and the rear of the motel faces farmland, and lots of it!

If you're looking for luxury, look elsewhere. If you're looking for honest comfort and just a nice, quiet place to relax, where the rooms are clean and the people friendly, look no further.

Oh, and definitely take advantage of the free Amish farmland tours the properties offer---they're informative, relaxing, and you get to some places you might never find on your own!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank JAS576
Reviewed 8 June 2011

Ok, so I am updating once again my review on the Amish Country Motel. We arrived once again Memorial Day Weekend. Our yearly trip. Everything was the same. It is our home away from home every year. I never want to see drastic changes, but I pray every year that when I open the door, it will be remodeled. Every year has denied my wishes, EXCEPT THIS YEAR! To my overwhelming surprise, the room just jumped out at me. When we opened the door, we saw QUILTS on the beds!!! I nearly had to wipe a tear. For so many years they had the ugliest bedspreads. The satiny type where you slide off the bed when you lay on it. Not to mention the bedspread slides off too. I almost passed out when I looked at the floor. NEW carpeting! It's still ugly but what a change! THEN (wait for it.......) When I went into the box of a bathroom, I looked down and NEW vinyl floor! It's made to look like a slate floor, but just vinyl. I was overcome with emotions I just had to squeal with delight. Then, to my even bigger surprise, when I jumped in the shower that evening there was a NEW and powerful showerhead. God save the world. This was just too much for me. But WAIT there is more....In previous years, while showering, I had to condition my hair so much (like four times) to get through my long curls. Well sweet jeebus, this time, the water pressure was so strong, it only took me two times to condition my hair. Hell, it takes me four times in my own shower at home. But oh noes, I didn't bring my hair dryer this year because I figured I would use theirs. But color me miserable when I saw there was no longer a hairdryer on the wall. Sad. I commissioned my hubby to go into lancaster and purchase a hairdryer.....but then... when I looked at the little ledge of a shelf outside the bathroom, where I always rest my makeup bag, I noticed a TINY little case. What was it? A little hairdryer..LIKE REALLY little..by get this...brookstone! HOLY COW! I just cannot even handle all of this happiness and the little surprises. I was on my way to enjoy yet another mini-weekend in Amish Country. Pool was clean, crisp and refreshing. The other visitors were fantabulous as usual. One evening, I spent four hours on the lawn chair chatting away with fellow vacationers. As usual, the cleaning woman was amazing. We left her a tip on departure. All in all.... I must say... it's about time, that our last name be plastered on a door instead of a room #. It will always remain our home away from home.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank chasingali
Reviewed 21 April 2011

Room was clean and comfortable but if you're a light sleeper, ear plugs are a must. Right on the main road with a cow herd across the street. Was nice to watch the buggies rolling past, and minutes from restaurants, town, and backcountry scenic roads.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends