“Lovely!”

Amish Country Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bird in Hand
Reviewed 15 September 2012

We loved our room at the Amish Country Motel. The setting is beautiful and we loved being able to sit outside and watch the buggies go by. Nothing fancy about the place which was fun by us. We're not too fancy either and prefer clean and neat to fancy and pricey!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 August 2012

I am just a teen. Believe it or not, i love going here. And its not just because i love animals. It feels like home, Even though we dont live on the farm. It has nice staff, wonderful hamemade breakfast. A pool that is fun to hang in. ( we usally swim at the other bird in hand sometimes) The rooms are cozy and comfortable. And the bathrooms are just fine. Nothing compares to happiness. I am even going soon so i will enjoy it. Lancaster all in all is wonderful. Ive been here a lot of times and everytime gets better because i know places to go.

Room Tip: back rooms are better and have a view
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We love the Amish Country Motel. The price is very reasonable. It's great to sit in the front and watch the horse and buggies ride by. The bed is comfortable, the fridge was nice sized. The pool was refreshing. Not fancy but clean & well run. I would visit again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank pinetreeluv
Reviewed 16 April 2012

The Amish Country Motel is very clean, has a great location and is all you could ask of a motel in the same price range. Very happy with this motel and would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephen M
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I have stayed here twice now, and will return when able. The best part is just sitting on the lawn chairs and watching all of the Amish folks drive by in their buggies, scooters, or just walking by. The rooms were comfy and reasonably priced. Do NOT expect the Ritz here - but I thought the rooms were fine. The staff were all very friendly and eager to help with directions, etc. There was free coffee in the lobby area. A two-hour bus tour was included with our stay. The bus tour stops by three Amish businesses for opportunities to shop and chat with the Amish business owners. There is an outdoor pool, ice machines, and clean, decent rooms. Stayed here in July, and again in October of 2011.

Room Tip: All rooms face the road.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Char N
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We just came back from a week end at the Amish Country Motel in Lancaster Pa. I have stayed at Bird In Hand Family Inn for years - we go to Lancaster several time a year. I have stayed at Travelers Rest and Mill Stream when I could not get a room at the Family Inn - I have never been disappointed - until this week end. Amish Country Motel needs to be upgraded - when we checked in an was handed a KEY - I knew the place was old - I have not received a key for any rooms for a very long time...Also the parking is unbelievable - we ended up in one of 4 rooms on the upper level. All the rooms have parking right outside the room - except the upper level. We had to park below - where there was a large hill going down to the 4 rooms below us. I do not even know how those people made it up and down the hill to park - but all I know is that one time I tried to back out of the parking spot - and because the hill goes down - right there - I was afraid that I was going to roll down the hill and hit a car - I would not back out for the rest of the week end - I made my husband do it. If I had a room on the lower level - I would have really gone back to the office screaming....
Also the room - was very small - the sink was in the bathroom and was very small - no room for storage - made drying your hair very difficult --- the only thing good about the room was the beautiful quilts on the bed. But the price - Amish Country Motel is not worth the money and I was sorry that we stayed there - and I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: NEVER get a room on the upper or lower level - bad hill - get a room with parking right outside your...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LINDA P
Reviewed 1 October 2011

My husband and I just returned from a visit to Amish country, we stayed at the Amish Country motel, and it was really pleasant. The first thing we noticed when going to our room were the beautiful quilts on the beds! The room was very clean, nice lamps, table and chairs. The bathroom was spotless with lots of big fluffy towels. The front yard had nice chairs, so we could sit and watch the Amish buggies go by. Quite a bit of traffic too, but that's unavoidable.
We took the complimentary tour in the mini bus, it lasted about 2 hours, with three stops at various Amish stands and stores. We learned a lot during the trip, from the nice lady who was the tour guide. The restaurant was within walking distance from the motel, food was good, and we had a great view of the farmlands from our window. All in all, it was a very enjoyable stay at Amish Country motel!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Fulton Steamboat Inn
#1 of 40 in Lancaster
Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn & Suites
Cherry Lane Motor Inn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)

Been to Amish Country Motel? Share your experiences!