Orchard Inn
US$143
US$139
Travelocity
Excellent 5/5
Amish Country Motel(Bird in Hand)
US$112
US$98
Great 4.5/5
Bird-In-Hand Family Inn(Bird in Hand)
US$121
US$94
US$78
US$82
Great 4.5/5
Comfort Suites Amish Country(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
US$109
ComfortSuites
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewshomemade yogurtlancaster countyamish countrycontinental breakfastcountry settingcountry airhelpful in every waypeaceful locationmicrowave and refrigeratorcorn fieldslovely roomevery morningcold cerealrooms are largehome away from homeshort drivestrasburg railroad
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Wouldn't stay any place else! It is right in the heart of the country, but close enough to all of the action! The rooms are big, very clean and updated. We love the fact that we can back our SUV right up to our door for easy unloading and loading. The staff is great and very accomodating. Phyllis, especially, is a real asset to the Inn. Her knowledge of the area (what to do, where to eat, etc.) really helps guests. My husband and I have been coming to Lancaster for over 20 years and we thought we have done and seen it all. Phyllis still comes up with neat places for us to eat, shop, etc. that we have never heard of. We would definitely recommend Orchard Inn to anyone staying in Lancaster! Maureen and Glenn Bartolo

Room Tip: All the rooms are great! The only difference is if you want a king bed, a queen bed or 2 queen beds.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maureen B
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Just got home from a lovely weekend. This is motel is the best kept secret in Lancaster County. I very rarely write reviews but just had to get online to say that I was THOROUGHLY impressed. Incredibly clean room/bed/bathroom. Extremely comfortable bed and pillows. Friendly and helpful staff. It was so quiet and relaxing. Waking up to the sounds of birds and horses clopping was way better than waking up to traffic off of Route 30. If I have to have a con it would be the lack of selection at breakfast - might be nice to have some muffins or Amish pastries to offer guests. But what they had was fine. Overall, I highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stacy M
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed at the Orchard Inn one night in November. It was great, the room was clean, the bed very good and the staff was very friendly and gave us very good advice in Bird-in-Hand. We got slightly confused by the fact that TripAdvisor categorizes it as a Bed and Breakfast, where is is in fact a (lovely) motel. As such the breakfast is good but minimal, bread, cereals, jam, some fruit, but no hot breakfast options. Knowing this, it's a very good lodging option in Bird-in-Hand, which is a beautiful area.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2013

A gem hidden between corn fields, orchards and hills ! Nice, quiet and clean...very helpful and friendly staff. Big room , very clean and welcoming... the housekeepers are attentive at the details too .Basic breakfast but very tasty...they have homemade vanilla yogurt....the best ! We'll go there again next year because we like the area so much... and of course we'll stay at Orchard Inn again..

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Squirrel27
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I haven't stayed in a motel for quite some time. This place is very clean and the grounds are beautiful.. I can understand why people rave about it. They supply a simple breakfast. My two complaints were the pillows (very flat) and I would like to see an upgraded bathroom with the sink in the bathroom. I don't like to come out without washing hands first. My other issue would be, that I would not stay in the summer because I would be afraid of bugs getting in the room, the cleaning staff has to leave the doors open... It would be nice if they could install simple screen doors... Then I would have no problem staying in the summer. lol.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends