“Are you kidding me!?”

Days Inn Blairsville
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Blairsville
Reviewed 30 August 2012

What is going on? I am truly pissed! The whole hotel smells like a cigarette factory, there's cigarette burns in the bed sheets, the a/c system sounds like its on its last leg, the wall paper is falling of the walls, the tv is PREHISTORIC, the carpet has stains and this is my second room after complaining about the first one! I WILL NEVER COME TO THIS RAT HOLE AGAIN! The district manager will definitely hear from me!

• Stayed: August 2012
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Blairsville

Reviewed 24 June 2012

I stay in Comfort before that is why I pick the Comfort Inn in Blairsville. When I go back to see my son a Wyotech. I won't be staying there. I ask for a Non- Smoking room and got a Smoking room. I thought there was 1,000.00 smoker in the room. The rug had burns in the carpet and the bed spread had burns in it. The scared me because it look like the sprinkler had water stain from it. The toilet run if all night if you didn't go back and wriggle the handle. Then the road people honking there honk at 3:00 in the morning and the traffic you could hear. The air condition wasn't cold at all. Even after I when down ask for other bed spread they told me smoker don't mind the bed spread with the burns in it. Well I paid a 140.60 for this room...I mind. Oh the in pool we couldn't wait to get in. It was cold water and cloudy. I mean cold!!! It was 99 degree out side. The room was closed in. The work out room as nice and clean. The breakfast was good. But they didn't fill the food up after in was gone. There is basely a person that fill it up to make sure there is enough for the time they have it too. There was free new paper. People was friendly.

Room Tip: Don't sleep in the front is you can't sleep with traffic sounds. Corner suites are the same...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Candace65
Reviewed 23 June 2012

We booked a reservation through Chice Privileges to stay at Comfort Inn in Blairsville, Penn, upon arriving after 3 PM our room was not ready. The maids had not even cleaned the room and had left for the day, the air would not work in the room or the next room the deskclerk showed us. They had standup fans in the rooms and the hallways. The hallways smelled like smoke. The deskclerk that showed us the room was very nice she was new, she tried to help us. She showed us three rooms, the third room would have been fair, She suggested we go back to the front desk and maybe they could give us a discount. My son and mother were waiting in the lobby and overheard the manager saying she was not going to give us a discount, before we even got back to the desk. My teenage son was upset because the manager was calling me names before I got back up there. When the deskclerk, my dad and I got to the front desk. She yelled at me and siad she could not satisify me and she suggested I find another hotel, she already had a letter typed up stating my reservation had been canceled. This was terrible treatment. I've never been treated this RUDE. She was terrible....

Room Tip: Find a different Hotel..... Thats all I need to say about it !!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Tammylynn1994
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We stayed here for the IUP graduation. There was only one room left when booking the room and upon check in we were given the "Executive Suite" on the first floor which is room 139. The room was larger than expected. It had a small sitting area with a couch that has a pull out bed. The regular bed was average. After reading all of the bad reviews I was fully expecting a roach motel. However, it was cleaner than I expected and it was an okay hotel to stay at for the IUP graduation. Especially since some of the nicer hotesl fill up 2 years in advance of graduation. This hotel offers breakfast which I thought was good and had a lot of variety. It had waffles, sausage links, egg patties, muffins, cereal, juice, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, bagels, plus a few other things. The pool area is okay. The pool is not used often and is cold but the room is warm. It looks like the work out area is big but I am not sure if the machines work. Basically, I would recommend staying at the Hampton Inn close to the IUP campus where other family stayed but if you are unable to get this hotel and all else is full, this is not a bad alternative. You are only about 13 miles from campus and it easy to get to the convention center from here.

Room Tip: The Executive Suite, room 139 is a good size.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank P M
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Oh my, this place should certainly be called the Discomfort Inn. The staff was very nice, but the accommodations were terrible. I was disappointed that my room did not have refrigerator and microwave as promised, so I complained at the front desk. They were very kind about giving me a different room, with refrigerator and microwave, neither of which worked at all. And the room absolutely reeked. I asked to be moved back to my original room, and later discovered that the heat in that room did not work (and this was in February). I completed my business as quickly as possible and checked out 2 days earlier and was disappointed to be told that the computer wasn't working and they couldn't give me a receipt. I refused to leave without my receipt and somehow the computer started working and they gave me the receipt. My heart goes out to the kind staff trying to make a business out of this dump.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Let me start by saying the front desk staff was very friendly and checkin/checkout was a breeze. We stayed here for IUP's graduation, and we don't plan to stay again. The property is dated, the hallway and room carpets were dingy (I wouldn't walk barefoot anywhere), the pool water was green, there was a cigarette burn in the one comforter, and what appeared to be bullet holes in one of the stairwell windows. Beds were also terribly uncomfortable (one was hard as a piece of plywood, the other was softer than a mattress without springs).

On the plus side the internet worked fine, there was plenty of hot water, and the location is close to IUP.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We stay here a couple times a year while visiting family. We typically get the jacuzzi suite. This time, we checked in and the room assigned to us had not been cleaned and was full of smoke. We were given the other jacuzzi suite. After unpacking, I noticed the bath tub area had mold all around the edge. I called the desk for something to clean it with and was provided Spray Bleach and some rags. I don't mind cleaning, but no matter how much I sprayed, the mold would not go away. It was very distracting to take a bath with mold all around you. The toilet leaked as well.

On to the rest of the room. The a/c didn't cool, at times it felt like heat was coming out instead of cool air. I assume this is an ongoing problem because there was a standing fan in the room, but it was disgustingly filthy and there is no way I would have turned it on and had all that filth distributed in the air. About 10:30, the cable went out. It came on about 15 minutes later, but was very distracting to be in the middle of a show and have it black out.

It didn't appear that the floor had been swept as there were various pieces of mud, dirt and bobby pins littered about.

I really should have requested a different room, but I had bronchitis and really wasn't up to packing everything up again and relocating to another room, especially since there are only 2 jacuzzi suites and the first one hadn't been cleaned from previous guests. Next time I'll investigate the room better before unpacking. The bed was clean and comfortable.

The options in Blairsville are limited. Of the 2 hotels, Comfort Inn has consistently been the quietest which is why we regularly choose it over the newer hotel. We will give it another chance, reluctantly.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blairsville
Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville at Chestnut Ridge
Inn at Mountainview
#5 of 10 in Greensburg
Holiday Inn Johnstown Downtown
Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Days Inn Blairsville? Share your experiences!