“Workers hotel”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Blairsville
Centralpa
“Workers hotel”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Read the reviews but took a chance. Spent 4 nights at hotel while in the area drag racing. The hotel could use some maintenance but overall the employees were very courteous, service was good. Had two non smoking rooms which were fine ( did not smell smokey). One was on the second floor..no elevator..bummer for transporting luggage. Breakfast in the morning was adequate. This is a hotel that many service workers in the area stay at ( lots of trucks in the parking lot). The hall carpets look a little used,but my bathroom was clean, serviceable, the linens clean. Bed was comfortable. Air conditioning unit was noisy. But the cost for the weekend stay was considerably less than another hotel I had stayed at previous years. I would stay there again. You get what you pay for. Our maids did an excellent job and were very nice. Sorry for the other bad reviews but our stay at this hotel was decent. There were also a lot of golfers there too.

It is like everything Jelske, you get what you pay for but overall for the price we got decent service , a good nights sleep at a reasonable price. It is not deluxe accommodations but all service workers were great and friendly ( even more than in some higher priced hotels I have stayed in). Would stay there again!

Room Tip: Ground floor room, non smoking, backside of hotel more quiet
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed 30 August 2012

What is going on? I am truly pissed! The whole hotel smells like a cigarette factory, there's cigarette burns in the bed sheets, the a/c system sounds like its on its last leg, the wall paper is falling of the walls, the tv is PREHISTORIC, the carpet has stains and this is my second room after complaining about the first one! I WILL NEVER COME TO THIS RAT HOLE AGAIN! The district manager will definitely hear from me!

• Stayed August 2012

Travellers are raving about these Blairsville hotels

Glencoe, Kentucky
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I stay in Comfort before that is why I pick the Comfort Inn in Blairsville. When I go back to see my son a Wyotech. I won't be staying there. I ask for a Non- Smoking room and got a Smoking room. I thought there was 1,000.00 smoker in the room. The rug had burns in the carpet and the bed spread had burns in it. The scared me because it look like the sprinkler had water stain from it. The toilet run if all night if you didn't go back and wriggle the handle. Then the road people honking there honk at 3:00 in the morning and the traffic you could hear. The air condition wasn't cold at all. Even after I when down ask for other bed spread they told me smoker don't mind the bed spread with the burns in it. Well I paid a 140.60 for this room...I mind. Oh the in pool we couldn't wait to get in. It was cold water and cloudy. I mean cold!!! It was 99 degree out side. The room was closed in. The work out room as nice and clean. The breakfast was good. But they didn't fill the food up after in was gone. There is basely a person that fill it up to make sure there is enough for the time they have it too. There was free new paper. People was friendly.

Room Tip: Don't sleep in the front is you can't sleep with traffic sounds. Corner suites are the same...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Candace65
Kershaw, South Carolina
Reviewed 23 June 2012

We booked a reservation through Chice Privileges to stay at Comfort Inn in Blairsville, Penn, upon arriving after 3 PM our room was not ready. The maids had not even cleaned the room and had left for the day, the air would not work in the room or the next room the deskclerk showed us. They had standup fans in the rooms and the hallways. The hallways smelled like smoke. The deskclerk that showed us the room was very nice she was new, she tried to help us. She showed us three rooms, the third room would have been fair, She suggested we go back to the front desk and maybe they could give us a discount. My son and mother were waiting in the lobby and overheard the manager saying she was not going to give us a discount, before we even got back to the desk. My teenage son was upset because the manager was calling me names before I got back up there. When the deskclerk, my dad and I got to the front desk. She yelled at me and siad she could not satisify me and she suggested I find another hotel, she already had a letter typed up stating my reservation had been canceled. This was terrible treatment. I've never been treated this RUDE. She was terrible....

Room Tip: Find a different Hotel..... Thats all I need to say about it !!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Tammylynn1994
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We stayed here for the IUP graduation. There was only one room left when booking the room and upon check in we were given the "Executive Suite" on the first floor which is room 139. The room was larger than expected. It had a small sitting area with a couch that has a pull out bed. The regular bed was average. After reading all of the bad reviews I was fully expecting a roach motel. However, it was cleaner than I expected and it was an okay hotel to stay at for the IUP graduation. Especially since some of the nicer hotesl fill up 2 years in advance of graduation. This hotel offers breakfast which I thought was good and had a lot of variety. It had waffles, sausage links, egg patties, muffins, cereal, juice, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, bagels, plus a few other things. The pool area is okay. The pool is not used often and is cold but the room is warm. It looks like the work out area is big but I am not sure if the machines work. Basically, I would recommend staying at the Hampton Inn close to the IUP campus where other family stayed but if you are unable to get this hotel and all else is full, this is not a bad alternative. You are only about 13 miles from campus and it easy to get to the convention center from here.

Room Tip: The Executive Suite, room 139 is a good size.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank P M
Meadville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Oh my, this place should certainly be called the Discomfort Inn. The staff was very nice, but the accommodations were terrible. I was disappointed that my room did not have refrigerator and microwave as promised, so I complained at the front desk. They were very kind about giving me a different room, with refrigerator and microwave, neither of which worked at all. And the room absolutely reeked. I asked to be moved back to my original room, and later discovered that the heat in that room did not work (and this was in February). I completed my business as quickly as possible and checked out 2 days earlier and was disappointed to be told that the computer wasn't working and they couldn't give me a receipt. I refused to leave without my receipt and somehow the computer started working and they gave me the receipt. My heart goes out to the kind staff trying to make a business out of this dump.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Old Forge, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Let me start by saying the front desk staff was very friendly and checkin/checkout was a breeze. We stayed here for IUP's graduation, and we don't plan to stay again. The property is dated, the hallway and room carpets were dingy (I wouldn't walk barefoot anywhere), the pool water was green, there was a cigarette burn in the one comforter, and what appeared to be bullet holes in one of the stairwell windows. Beds were also terribly uncomfortable (one was hard as a piece of plywood, the other was softer than a mattress without springs).

On the plus side the internet worked fine, there was plenty of hot water, and the location is close to IUP.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blairsville
Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville
#6 of 7 in Indiana
Ramada Ligonier
Ramada Ligonier
#1 of 1 in Ligonier

Been to Days Inn Blairsville? Share your experiences!