“Worst experience ever!”

Days Inn Blairsville
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Blairsville
Reviewed 11 June 2013

This hotel was terrible! Apparently they had overbooked for the weekend so it was ok to put us in a room that hadn't been used for quite some time. The toilet/bathroom was disgusting. And they failed to mention we were in a smoking room even though we requested non smoking. We realized this when we found ashes on the floor. Yep, room wasn't vacuumed. When we inquired about fixing the bathroom and cleaning our room, a young woman was very helpful and accommodating. However the older woman working the desk was rude and mentioned 'she was tired of putting out fires all day'. When they attended to our room, they found the plumbing wasn't working so they gave us a list of other hotels to try because we no longer had a room at this place?!? Ha. How nice is that. But the younger manager did call me on my way to a different hotel to let me know they did have a cancellation. I really appreciated her efforts so we came back. But the room was open when we got there late in the evening? The floor was damp? And the sheets had not been changed!!! At 11pm we had no choice but to sleep on top of the covers. Breakfast? Garbage heaped over the containers, food burned and not replenished... This was just an overall bad experience. I do not normally fill out reviews but I NEVER had such an awful experience with a hotel!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Julie N

Reviewed 4 May 2013

The amenities of this hotel are very poor, below standards of the Choicehotels brand and particularly below Comfort Inns in Pennsylvania. I highly recommend avoiding this hotel. The front desk staff were pleasant which is why I rate this a 2 (Poor) instead of a 1 (terrible).

After check in the room I was provided had not functional HVAC. Front desk promptly switched me to a 2nd room where the HVAC worked but it sounded like Chewbacca coughing up a hairball. The floor was sticky as if the carpet was shampooed without properly vacuuming it up. The bathtub drain contained a chuck of hair. The room was dated with an electric wire running across the floor to a wall lamp. I came back the 2nd day to find my bed not made because I left a "personal item on or in the area of the bed". The item was a stuffed animal.

The only reason I stayed at this hotel after my 1st night was in was the right location for the week. However, I will never stay at this hotel, ever again.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank muldow70
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We were at the last days of out 2 1/2 week cross country trip and took a wrong highway and ended up in Blairsville, PA. tired and wanting to stop for the evening. We checked into this Comfort Inn and what a mistake!!! Out of all the Choice hotels we stayed in this is by far the worst!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!! From the girl(Chelsea) that worked the front desk(Attitude) She didn't even greet us, was in a bad mood, had an attitude, no smile, no uniform, very unprofessional, the rugs, the room, the bedding, SMELLED!! To make matters worst it was $90 for the night. UNBELIEVABLE!! This place should not be in the choice hotel chain.

Room Tip: DO yourself a favor and pick another hotel!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David M
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I was traveling on business and did not have time to check out the town. The Hotel was very nice, clean and in great shape. The staff was very nice and helpful. There is a walmart just down the street. Does not look like there is much in the town to do, but its a very nice place to stay if your passing through. There is a diner down the street called Deans Diner - great place to eat - open 24 hours.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2013

No one at the front desk when we arrived. Waited ten minutes to check in. Got to room and it was dirty. Louvers on vent had so much dust on them they were barely white anymore. Looked like carpet hadn't been vacuumed. There was a partial tube of toothpaste under the tv stand. I guess if we forgot our toothpaste we would been covered. Haha. The Hampton is only about a mile away. Stay there.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank pefinpa
Reviewed 14 March 2013

II stayed there in 2009 because my husband and I were going to the Pittsburgh Steelers training camp. Restraunts nearby, plus a Dairy Queen next door. Like having that nearby! Nice indoor pool that I used a lot. . Hotel was older and not the best. But what we needed it for it worked out well.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2013

i always prefer to stay at choice hotels ,this one has a good location ,nearby restaurants to eat at ,the beds were comfy and clean. the staff was friendly .the check in and out process was quick and efficient ,it was a pleasant place to stay.........

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Been to Days Inn Blairsville? Share your experiences!