“From check in to check out.”

Days Inn Blairsville
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Blairsville
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel as a midway point to my destination. The directions I printed offline were not correct so I actually passed this hotel. I tried to call the hotel for directions at least 10 times in the matter of a half hour and was getting no answer. Finally I turned around and found it. When I went to check in the clerk got a call on her cell phone and answered it!!! She claimed it was her boss but I work in a choice hotel and I'm pretty sure your boss doesn't call your cell phone when your working on property. Strike 1. Once I got to the room I noticed that it definitely was not clean to my standards. Wall paper was coming off the wall and there were stains on the walls from food and what looked like blood. I checked the room immediately for bed bugs since I work in a hotel and I am familiar with where to look. Thank god I did not find anything. Went into restroom to make a cup of coffee and there were old tea bags left in the coffee machine. Strike 2! I did not sleep well because I knew this place was not a very clean hotel but by this point I had no choice but to stay. Then I go to breakfast in the morning and the person doing breakfast must have been also working the front desk because she kept running back and forth. Coffee was empty and the breakfast area was a complete mess!! They actually had the tongs to get the waffles out just laying on the counter. Juice was out and eggs and sausage was cold. Strike 3. I wanted to complain and get my money back but it was not worth it since I got my choice employee rate. NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ajyou690

Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

The staff here saved our vacation! We drove 4hrs with 4 kids to go to Idlewild Park. We checked into another hotel but it was the type of place certain unsavory people rent by the hour, not the place you stay with your family! We had no where to go and everything was booked solid! I called this hotel and after explaining the situation they were able to find us a room. There was only room for the kids to sleep in the beds so my husband and I slept on the floor. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the staff here! The hotel is not a resort but it's clean and comfortable, the rooms were comfortable, breakfast was nice, and the staff are good people. Our choices were slim to none but it all worked out and our kids had a wonderful time. Thank you again to the staff for saving the day!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Our experience with this inn is the first and definitely the last. The place is old and dated. The one receptionist was nice but harried. When I placed my reservation I asked for a king-size bed. According to the “home office”( I placed a reservation online) we were also supposed to get a microwave, refrigerator, a wet bar and the one thing my wife was really looking forward to-a Jacuzzi-type bath.
None of this happened. We got there late in the evening and were checked in and directed to the opposite end of the building. When we got to the door, there was a sign taped over the card reader that said the key cards would not work. So we pulled on the door handle and opened the door! Wow, nice security-NOT!!
Our room was just a little way inside and when we got into the room were we surprised to see two double beds and nothing else that Comfort Inn said that we could expect. So my wife took our confirmation with the descriptions back to the Front Desk and showed her the paper. She said that two queen-size beds were what we had ordered and showed up in their system. My wife then asked her what could be done about it. The woman said she could do nothing and did not even offer my wife an apology. I had no idea Comfort Inn has several independent reservation systems.
The manager called us on the house phone later on and reduced our rate by half which is what we expected. We also were charged $1.50 a night for a safe which was non-existent in our room. We did not try for a $3.00 refund as we wanted to get the hell out of there. To say we were disappointed is putting it mildly.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back are quieter as there is a lot of traffic on Route 22. Good luck in getting a...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dale M
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We have been using this Comfort Inn for golf trips the last several years, and have noticed it going downhill recently. Our last visit this past week was the worst. The halls and stairways were stained, dirty, and smelly, they had propped the doors open and put a fan in the hallway, I guess to try and dry it out and get some of the odor out. As for the room, the bathroom was clean, but the rest wasn't. When I pulled back the bedspread to get in the bed, I found lots of black "crud" on top of the blanket. Not sure what exactly it was, could have been dirt, bits of plastic, or even insect carcasses, whatever it was, it was gross. I slept with only the sheets on the bed, but didn't sleep much, wondering what else was in the bed with me. The front desk did provide me with a clean bedspread and blanket for the second night, but by then it was too late. To top it all off, the air conditioning unit appeared to be brand new, but was horribly noisy.
As with another reviewer, the front desk staff was friendly and tried to be helpful, but it seemed like they were very short handed and overwhelmed. The lady at the front desk said she had been on duty for more than 18 hours.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Forest306
Reviewed 11 June 2013

This hotel was terrible! Apparently they had overbooked for the weekend so it was ok to put us in a room that hadn't been used for quite some time. The toilet/bathroom was disgusting. And they failed to mention we were in a smoking room even though we requested non smoking. We realized this when we found ashes on the floor. Yep, room wasn't vacuumed. When we inquired about fixing the bathroom and cleaning our room, a young woman was very helpful and accommodating. However the older woman working the desk was rude and mentioned 'she was tired of putting out fires all day'. When they attended to our room, they found the plumbing wasn't working so they gave us a list of other hotels to try because we no longer had a room at this place?!? Ha. How nice is that. But the younger manager did call me on my way to a different hotel to let me know they did have a cancellation. I really appreciated her efforts so we came back. But the room was open when we got there late in the evening? The floor was damp? And the sheets had not been changed!!! At 11pm we had no choice but to sleep on top of the covers. Breakfast? Garbage heaped over the containers, food burned and not replenished... This was just an overall bad experience. I do not normally fill out reviews but I NEVER had such an awful experience with a hotel!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Julie N
Reviewed 4 May 2013

The amenities of this hotel are very poor, below standards of the Choicehotels brand and particularly below Comfort Inns in Pennsylvania. I highly recommend avoiding this hotel. The front desk staff were pleasant which is why I rate this a 2 (Poor) instead of a 1 (terrible).

After check in the room I was provided had not functional HVAC. Front desk promptly switched me to a 2nd room where the HVAC worked but it sounded like Chewbacca coughing up a hairball. The floor was sticky as if the carpet was shampooed without properly vacuuming it up. The bathtub drain contained a chuck of hair. The room was dated with an electric wire running across the floor to a wall lamp. I came back the 2nd day to find my bed not made because I left a "personal item on or in the area of the bed". The item was a stuffed animal.

The only reason I stayed at this hotel after my 1st night was in was the right location for the week. However, I will never stay at this hotel, ever again.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank muldow70
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We were at the last days of out 2 1/2 week cross country trip and took a wrong highway and ended up in Blairsville, PA. tired and wanting to stop for the evening. We checked into this Comfort Inn and what a mistake!!! Out of all the Choice hotels we stayed in this is by far the worst!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!! From the girl(Chelsea) that worked the front desk(Attitude) She didn't even greet us, was in a bad mood, had an attitude, no smile, no uniform, very unprofessional, the rugs, the room, the bedding, SMELLED!! To make matters worst it was $90 for the night. UNBELIEVABLE!! This place should not be in the choice hotel chain.

Room Tip: DO yourself a favor and pick another hotel!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blairsville
Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville at Chestnut Ridge
Ramada Greensburg Hotel and Conference Center
Inn at Mountainview
Inn at Mountainview
#5 of 10 in Greensburg

Been to Days Inn Blairsville? Share your experiences!