“Not pleasant at all!”

Days Inn Blairsville
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Blairsville
Reviewed 6 March 2009

My colleague and I were essentially passing through Blairsville and unfortunately made a reservation to sat at the Comfort Inn.
Before we checked in we were told by other colleagues from the local area that we should reconsider as they call it the 'discomfort inn'. We were going to change our hotel when we were phoned by the airlines to say that they had located our luggage and it was on it's way to the Comfort Inn and would be there some time that evening. We had been without our luggage for 3 days and decided we didn't want to take the risk of trying to re-route our bags to another hotel so perservered with our booking. What a mistake!!!! The staff were okay but perfunctory on check in. We spoke to them about our bags being delivered and they really were not interested. When I walked into my room I was shocked at how dirty, smelly and dark it was. It had a tiny dirty window that looked out to another tiney dirty window of another room. The carpet was STICKY- gross!! The sheets were not clean looking and were wrinkled. The pillows smelt of yucky body odour. The bathroom wasn't too bad, but not good either and the towels looked grungy. My colleague said her bathroom was disgusting and she would not use it until it was clean. I have no idea why we didn't immediately leave but we wanted our suitcases! In the end we went to Walmart to buy towels and cleaning products. We both cleaned our bathrooms before we used them and I had to wrapy my pillow in a towel before I would put my head on it. We decided that the only way to cope was to be alcohol tranquilised, but when we asked at Walmart about buying wine they looked at us like we were raving alcoholics and said that there was nowhere to buy alcohol at that time of night (they looked at us like this when we were standing next to a woman who was shopping in flannelette pyjamas!!!!). In the morning we walked past the grimmy looking breakfast and went to McDonalds across the road- much safer.
The only good thing about this place is the stories we have told our friends and families about how bad it was.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank Karlie2

Reviewed 5 September 2008

This hotel is very unsanitary and not well kept!!!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank climmonscouple
Reviewed 2 August 2008

At first glance everything seemed passable here. It is an older facility which is no excuse that the carpets were dirty and it wasn't kept up as it might be. We had a no smoking room which smelled okay but the hallway outside the room smelled of stale cigarette smoke. There are glass windows separating the pool area from the workout area and the glass was very dirty which gave an overall unclean feeling.

There are few choices in this area of places to stay (especially under the Choice Privileges program). I would find another property to stay at if I returned to this area (was there for a reunion) even if it meant traveling outside Blairsville, or going outside the Choice Privilege program.

Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank FlowerDancer
Reviewed 9 March 2008

I spent a couple nights here on business. There are not a lot of choices in Blairsville and I normally have good luck with The Comfort Inn chain.

The room was OK. I didn't notice foul smells or mold as others have noted. The room key was a problem, it took four separate trips to the front desk before the clerk came up and let me in.

The breakfast leaves alot to be desired. Its fairly limited and the desk clerk is also the breakfast attendent.

There is limited restaruant choices in the immediate area, although I liked the Valley Dairy Restaruant across the street...it's a diner kinda place.

I'd recommend staying in Indiana if that works for you. This property needs some improvement before I'd recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2007

Stayed here twice in the last 6 months. The first stay, none of the room keys worked and you had to be escorted to your room and let in. You were instructed that if you wanted to leave to put something in the door so it didn't close all the way. Breakfast was terrible and the whole layout looked unsanitary. Around midnight the staff attempted to let someone else into my room. Flash forward six months. At check in I was told my key may or may not work. I was lucky, mine did. A lot of other people were propping open their doors. Sound familiar? Staff was friendly but you could tell they were frustrated. Several confided in me that the owner refuses to get anything fixed. Same deal with breakfast again. It had Sam & Ella written all over it. There's a brand new Hampton Inn just down the road. Guess where I'll be staying from here on out?

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank Joe U
Reviewed 1 August 2007

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night. The front desk check-in was swift and extra blankets & pillows were delivered promptly, however the property felt old and outdated. We had a King room with a pull-out sofabed/living area, small fridge, microwave, and whirlpool bath. When we walked in the door a musty odor hit us, so we tried to turn up the AC to air the room out. Didn't help. After checking for bedbugs, we checked out the bathroom which had a faint moldy smell. There was also black mold in the scary shower. The whirlpool tub was so high, I had trouble getting in and out.

There is a Hampton Inn & Suites under construction now a few miles down the road. If we ever have to go to Blairsville again, we plan to stay there.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pixie15
Reviewed 30 July 2007

previous posts have indicated that motel was a total mess. it was not that bad - carpets could have used a good cleaning, but i did not notice that my children's socks got that dirty going between rooms (travelled w/ a group to a sporting event).
pool was somewhat small, but enough to jump around in.
bkfst was adequate, BUT was tended by the same person handling checkouts at the front desk, so when items ran out, we had to wait for the item (including coffee!) to be replenished.
staff, although very shorthanded, including housekeeping, was very friendly.
beds were comfy, as indicated by the fact that the children had to be woken up for bkfst
overuse of air deodorizers (to cover up what??) gave some areas of the property an unpleasant odor.

some of the members of our group did not like the motel and moved to another motel closer to indiana,pa, but we found the motel adequate to our needs and not worth packing up and moving.

if given a choice, we probably would not stay here again, but based on other reviews of hotels in this area, would have trouble recommending another property.

• Stayed: July 2007
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Days Inn Blairsville? Share your experiences!