“Out of the way, but make the trip - you'll be satisfied”
Review of Clem's Cafe

Clem's Cafe
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Blairsville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We took a detour, an hour out of our way to go to this restaurant. Through the hills of PA, passing strip malls and fields, really? My brother said this was the best barbecue. Since I was getting carsick, I doubted that I'd really appreciate this. We walked into this place and it looked like a real Texas place - go to the counter, pick your combo, watch them scoop it up into the styrofoam containers and we still had about an hour to drive. . . but the drive was better with the aroma therapy of barbecue in the car.

It was the best barbecue I've ever had. I may not be the most sophisticated barbecue girl, but the sauce was the perfect blend of sweet and spicy, cooked to perfection. The pulled pork was perfectly done, someone paid attention to the pulling, because I found very little fat or undesirable pieces, hidden in the sauce (believe me, I look). We also tried the brisket, which was spectacular. I had leftovers for a few days - ate it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Oh, and the bread - the sweet cook told us to cook it at 400 degrees for 3-4 min - made it puff up like it was homemade.

The people were kind, the food was fabulous and I'm craving that sauce as I right. Was it worth the drive? Hell to the yes!

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I've eaten here since they opened and even before, when they were just a little stand down the road. Everything is always delicious, satisfying and consistent. Love the ribs and chicken AND their pulled pork sandwich (w/ onions and pepperjack cheese) is one of my favorites. No frills-just great great food.

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

We got take out for 6 of us. We got way more than we needed. We got there late and they were out of beef. No matter, half chicken, ribs and pork bbq were all amazing. The sides were tasty as well! Got out for under 60 bucks. We were happy. Ate the left overs to lunch next day. Still more for work this week.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

If you go I recommend the pulled pork over the ribs. tried both- the ribs not as tender. Their sauce is a "tangy" more vinegar taste than I prefer, but the pulled pork was very tender. The garlic in the mashed potatoes is not mild, you must love garlic. They also have chicken, cole slaw and pasta salads. Limited menu, but worth a try if you are driving past on route 22. They are closed on Mondays and open until 7 pm all other days.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Ribs were okay - not juicy but not dry. Chicken was dry.
Selection of food available is inconsistent.
Side dishes are average - nothing memorable.
Wouldn't go out of my way to visit.

1  Thank traveler1468