“Don't go out of your way”
Review of Clem's Cafe

Clem's Cafe
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Blairsville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 15 May 2014

It's average to below, but is about what you expect in these parts. The meat is often dry, the beans are blah, but the slaw is really good. I wouldn't go out of my away to go there but if you are close it might be worth a try, but don't plan on stopping too late because for some reason they close at 7?

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I've eaten here quite a few times and it's always excellent. It can be a little tricky to get into if you're traveling east from Pittsburgh, even though it's on the main road. You have to do a U-turn to get there. Their chicken and ribs are amazing. You can watch as they smoke it out back. We often buy a jar of their BBQ sauce to take home (although it never comes close to as good as they make it!)

Reviewed 9 January 2014

We took a detour, an hour out of our way to go to this restaurant. Through the hills of PA, passing strip malls and fields, really? My brother said this was the best barbecue. Since I was getting carsick, I doubted that I'd really appreciate this. We walked into this place and it looked like a real Texas place - go to the counter, pick your combo, watch them scoop it up into the styrofoam containers and we still had about an hour to drive. . . but the drive was better with the aroma therapy of barbecue in the car.

It was the best barbecue I've ever had. I may not be the most sophisticated barbecue girl, but the sauce was the perfect blend of sweet and spicy, cooked to perfection. The pulled pork was perfectly done, someone paid attention to the pulling, because I found very little fat or undesirable pieces, hidden in the sauce (believe me, I look). We also tried the brisket, which was spectacular. I had leftovers for a few days - ate it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Oh, and the bread - the sweet cook told us to cook it at 400 degrees for 3-4 min - made it puff up like it was homemade.

The people were kind, the food was fabulous and I'm craving that sauce as I right. Was it worth the drive? Hell to the yes!

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I've eaten here since they opened and even before, when they were just a little stand down the road. Everything is always delicious, satisfying and consistent. Love the ribs and chicken AND their pulled pork sandwich (w/ onions and pepperjack cheese) is one of my favorites. No frills-just great great food.

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

We got take out for 6 of us. We got way more than we needed. We got there late and they were out of beef. No matter, half chicken, ribs and pork bbq were all amazing. The sides were tasty as well! Got out for under 60 bucks. We were happy. Ate the left overs to lunch next day. Still more for work this week.