“Dont let the outside scare you away, they have great burgers!”
Review of Blue Ridge Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Blue Ridge Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 1 January 2014

My father grew up in Blairsville, he's now 79 years old. My brother and I decided that we were going to eat there since it was a place Dad used to go to when he was a kid. We talked about eating there for years, yesterday was our opportunity.

On the outside the place looks like an old truck stop, we actually said to each other "don't know what we will get into here"...LOL. For all we knew it was a greasy spoon place full of truck drivers. We were pleasantly surprised when we walked in! The place is much larger inside than you would think. The service was excellent and the burger was really good! The prices were good, the place was clean, it was not what I was expecting!

I had a great burger and a good price, no complaints AT ALL about the food. I will definitely go back.

Now my only complaint .... it appeared that the place was full of locals, that in itself is a good thing, not crowded by any means, locals know good food. After we finished and we tried to pay our bill at the counter, we couldn't get either waitress to take our money. They were pouring coffee, changing coffee filters, waiting on new tables, talking to the locals... all the time we stood there while they ignored us! It was borderline rude the way they ignored us! We must have stood at the counter for 10+ minutes while all of this went on, they wouldn't even make eye contact with us while we stood there until they were GOOD AND READY to wait on us. This was NOT an issue of being too busy.

All in all, I will give them another chance, but if it happens again, I'm done with them (which would be a shame). It's tough to get a good burger on the road that actually tastes like something, this one was good.

I rated their service as very good, which it was, if you forget about the checkout fiasco.

1  Thank hotrod53

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Very good food. Quick service. Very reasonable prices. We had the special...salsbury steak, potato, salad. Added home made peanut butter pie. Husband loved the pie. Check was $21. Open until 9 pm every day. Serves breakfast anytime. Be aware they accept cash only. Will be returning soon.

1  Thank Labtech174
Reviewed 15 November 2012

What was once a truck stop has turned into a nice family restaurant. The gas side of the business is closed and makes the restaurant appear closed but we were pleased with the service and food. We have stopped by twice in the past couple weeks. The first time for breakfast and we were very satisfied. The second, we decided to try lunch and were once again very happy. Make sure you try their pies, they are outstanding..

2  Thank game227