“Creative and exquisite dining experience ”
Review of Blakeslee Inn and Restaurant - CLOSED

Blakeslee Inn and Restaurant
Price range: US$15 - US$45
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1/2 mile from Rt. 115 at Lilac Drive
Description: The Blakeslee Inn offers three distinct dining options including Classic Fine Dining, Authentic Italian in Pasta Renova & Casual, Gourmet Fare in the BI Pub with a full service bar. Add to this our clean, comfortable lodging and our close proximity to Pocono Raceway, Split Rock Resort, Jack Frost & Big Boulder Ski Areas(JFBB) I80 and PA 476/ Parkway and you have an ideal getaway for any day.
“Creative and exquisite dining experience ”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Last night my wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary for the second year in a row at the Blakeslee Inn. For the second year in a row the experience was incredible. The menu has changed but the fine quality and presentation as well as the overall taste was absolutely amazing. From the martinis to the dessert and everything in between we were completely satisfied with everything. For appetizer my wife ordered the scallops and pork belly. The portion was perfect as an appetizer. The flavor combinations were incredible. I has the cold crab appetizer. Which is essentially a thin long slice of cucumber wrapped around a bed of Gorgonzola stuffed with cold crab meat and diced fresh tomatoes and drizzled with sauce. Words can't describe the unbelievable main course. I got the daily special which was pan seared sea scallops in a wasabi avocado purée and a variety of spices and a soy based brown sauce. An tipped with crispy kale chips. I was salivating at the sight and smell. My wife had the snapper which was served in a bed of clams and topped with seasoned fingerling potatoes And snap peas. The sauce was amazing. Desert was incredible. My wife got there version of a cannoli which was three layers of flat cannoli shell stuffed with filling and topped with shards of chocolate shavings. The cappuccinos were a perfect complement to the dessert. Blakeslee Inn is 2 for 2. We will be back again and again!!!!
Ps if you are somebody who needs to have something to complain about, the dinner bread is hard and flavorless, but we figured why would you want to waste the dining experience eating bread

1 Thank Sneekysnake0

Virginia
“Romantic”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Went for Valentine's Day dinner, very romantic atmosphere, prices were high but the food was great so for a special day it was worth every penny.

Pocono Lake, Pennsylvania
“Incredible Food, a great dining experience”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

It was my first time at the Blakeslee Inn. I did not have high expectations other than a pretty clean looking lodging facility from the outside. When I got there with my family we were cheerfully welcomed by two lovely young ladies. We were led to a very quaint and well decorated table where we were introduced to our server and his assistant. The rest was just blissful. 3 of the 4 of us had the chilean sea bass and one had the eggplant cutlet. No complaints from anyone. Excellent drinks, fantastic food and a wonderful environment. I could not ask for a better dining experience.

Now for the minor critiques. I am a born and raised New Yorker so food and drink priced to the level of the food and drink served did not give me sticker shock when the bill arrived but if you are expecting a tiny little bill, this is not the place for you. I sincerely hope price does not prohibit you from enjoying a truly excellent dining experience. If you can afford it, by all means give it a try.

My wife and I are now regular customers thanks to the great experience. We are bringing our best friends there when they come to visit next week. I guarantee it will become a necessary part of their visits to the Pocono's moving forward.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Neal L
Newark, Delaware
“Very good meal and surprising find”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Really enjoyed our meal at the Blakelee Inn. Althought it's not open every evening for dinner, we came back and were very surprised with our food and the service.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Bob P
Long Pond, Pennsylvania
“A real gem in the Poconos!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We have eaten at the Blakeslee Inn's Fine Dining Restaurant, their Italian restaurant and their Pub. We have not had a disappointing appetizer, beverage or meal at any of them. They pride themselves on varied menus, delicious food, beautiful presentations and service which is the best in our entire region. We'll be back!!

• Visited April 2014