“Nice room- Awful Restaurant Service!!”

Blakeslee Inn and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 2 Blakeslee B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 August 2013

The room was clean and suited our Warrior Dash needs for the night. Needless to say we should have gone somewhere else for dinner. We chose the pub restaurant for our dining needs. The food was good but portion sizes were extremely small. Once we received our dinners the waitress was no where to be found for at least a half an hour. No one checked up on us for additional water or beverages. Once someone did come around, we asked for the dessert choices because everyone was still quite hungry. We also were given vouchers for free dessert from the front desk that we wanted to use. Badddd idea on our part. We waited an additional half an hour to see the cart and finally we had to search for someone in order to receive our desserts. We were told that the restaurant was "slammed" when there were only two other tables sitting down at that time. Our table was a party of six, and we did not ask for a whole lot. Huge disappointment!! We complained and got our desserts for free. (Which we already had coupons for anyways.) After we left, we ordered pizza at the room. Shout out to Brooklyn Bridge Pizzeria!!

Room Tip: If you have a large party choose the Presidential suite! Large living room and bedroom that could e...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Stayed at the Blakeslee inn in Blakeslee august 16-18...great location, old time motel that's been updated. The "suite" was 2 rooms converted into one room. Lots of space with a kitchenette with sink, microwave and fridge. Nothing real modern but very clean and pleasant. One thing my wife and I liked were windows that opened for fresh air, especially at night. Not many places have that anymore.The people there are friendly. There wasn't many guests this weekend so parking and noise were no problem at all. Convenient location ...just a short run to Jim Thorpe and a big flea market and Wawa on Saturday morning...would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: bring your bag chairs to sit outside.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2013

There are three different restaurants in the motel building all with excellent food. It's a pleasant break from the stockholder-owned motel chains across the country. Close proximity to snow skiing, lakes, Pocono raceway, and more.

Room Tip: Room 28 semi-suite
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ken L
Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

Rita, who took my Groupon package reservation was a gem - confirming us into a standard queen n/s room #11 (this, via email, as well) & made our reservation for dinner, also via a separate email. When we arrived around 5pm to a parking lot w/ about 12 cars in it, we were told by the man at the front desk that there were no more standard rooms available, so we'd have to take a handicap room (Rm#12). OK, I know we were there on a "discount", so I was fairly confident the room would be "worth it". However, the TV was an old 19" unit, & the queen bed was not comfortable for me at all. Thank goodness I had brought my own pillow, as there were only 2 on the bed & 1 extra on the shelf w/ an old "pilled" blanket that we had to use to block the 1/2 inch GAP under the door from letting the 20 degree air in! I have no idea if other rooms are better or more modern....but I hope so. (I was unable to upgrade to a suite, according to Rita, even though I offered to pay the difference. A Groupon thing, she said....) But, the shower was roomy & hot, & the in-room coffee very good, so my lack of sleep was eased, by the time we left. Kathy(Cathy) at checkout was very nice, too, & the same nice young hostess that sat us for dinner was there agan in the morning.... Just be sure you know what room you're getting when you book. Rooms are plenty big enough for King beds & larger flat screens aren't that expensive, anymore... Would definitely stay again - the dinner was excellent! - but will be sure not in Rm #12....

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank MommaBello
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Some times my husband and I just need to get away. I chose The Blakeslee Inn because of its convenience to our family that live in Albrightsville.
The thing is, if you want a $400. a night room then find one of those as they are certainly plentiful. These rooms are wonderfully clean, the staff is extremely kind and the location is quiet and peaceful and the rates are reasonable. We could not be more pleased and slept like babies.
We will be trying the restaurant the next time we visit . A special thank you to everyone who made our stay so wonderful.

Room Tip: We had a room with 2 Queen beds. IT was so very nice as we are both tall people and really could str...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SallyJ_V_12
Reviewed 30 April 2012

A friend of ours who lives in Blakeslee recommended this Inn to us. We were pleasantly surprised with the results. Upon arrival, the fireplace in the foyer was a most wlcome and warming sight because the temperature outdoors was a chilly 41 degrees. The staff at the desk were polite and helpful. Although this is an older motel, our room and bathroom were immaculately clean and freshly painted. Everything was in working order in our room and the rooms that our other friends had rented. The sheets were crisp and clean and plenty of towels were supplied in the bathroom. We would definitely return to this simple cozy Inn.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lillian T
Reviewed 27 May 2010

While many here have reviewed the restaurant, I'd like to mention how horrible the inn is, for those unfortunate people that are considering this place for its inn. The rooms are dirty and the entire place looks like a cheap motel. Management is not available on nights or weekends, and if you have a problem, other than the clueless staff, there is no one available to amend your problems, even after you've left and would like to speak to someone. I'm pretty sure there's a Holiday Inn down the road. At least then you know what to expect and what you're paying for. Don't waste your time or money at Blakeslee, the place is a scam and the owner does not know how to properly run a business.

5  Thank verbsandnouns

Been to Blakeslee Inn and Restaurant? Share your experiences!