“Warning they do not honor their discounts! Otherwise its a room ....”

Best Western Inn At Blakeslee-Pocono
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Blakeslee
New York City, New York
“Warning they do not honor their discounts! Otherwise its a room ....”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I read the glowing reports here (and actually have stayed here before) but I am sorry I can not be so positive.

First off I am distressed by their policy of not honoring discounts. I needed a room so I checked the Best Western web site and it shwed both a AAA and AARP discount of about 10% for a Friday night. But I had a special request which the web site did not accommodate so I called the front desk which said they could accommodate me and quoted me the higher rate. I said but the website says ..... the woman on the front desk tried to insinuate that the rate was not real. First she said oh that's only what they display and then said if you click on it it will not let you book our hotel. I was stupid and said ok.

At check I again questioned them and I got another handful of excuses. I even showed them from the Internet that the Best Western web site was quoting a 10% discounted rate. She again said the site did not have rooms, would not let me book it, etc. I showed her by going all the way to the final confirm for booking on the site and still the desk refused the discount.

I know its not that much money but still it is a 10% discount and I think this hotel is just being petty and abusing its customers. Later while I was in the lobby area I heard them refuse an Active Duty Military Discount for Friday night as well. Shame on the hotel for not respecting someone in the military!!! and in general not honoring its posted discounts.

Sorry being long winded but it really erks me .... point is book on the Internet and don't let the desk fake you out into paying the higher rates. If they do not honor the Internet discounts call Best Western Corporate HQ... the hotel is independently owned but has to maintain its franchise.

The hotel itself looks like it has not be redecorated or refreshed in 20 years .... the 1990s called and wants its motel back!

The bed was as hard a the concrete floor. One of the sheets in the bed looked none too clean so I pulled it off the bed and then I decided to check for bugs before I dared climb into bed. Thankfully I did not find bugs but the sheet looked like it had missed the wash or maybe had been through the wash far too many times to be on the bed.

The "hot buffet breakfast" they make such a big deal about on check in .... well it was hot. And served with an attitude in a space smaller than a closet. You have to climb over people and tables to get near the tiny little counter. They served hard boiled eggs, commerical made (read tasteless) mini muffins and donuts, and cold ceral. The fruit was all canned -- I saw the server walk by with the gallon drums of "fresh fruit". When I asked her if there was any more milk for the ceral her response was, "it's there." I said its empty. Response. "It can not be I just filled it." I went back to the machine and two drops came out. Her response she squeezed the bag the milk was in and walked away. Two more drops came out and that was it. Cold ceral with four drops of milk: Yum! Maybe the buffet is hot but it is sure not fresh. Compared to the Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn or alike this breakfast is fairly lame.

The a/c around the hotel was very spotty. Rooms in the center of the building seem to be the worst and were nearly impossible to cool off in the middle of a heatwave despite running the a/c full blast on the lowest setting for hours. The elevator was hot and smelled a bit like a gym locker room.... eeewww.

I will say the hotel overall looked clean just not modern. The location is super convenient to the highway. Also there arre a few descent places to eat near by plus a Wawa, Dunkin Donuts, etc. in easy driving distance.

No raves. If I was in the area and could not get a room in one of the other area motels in Stoudsburg or one stop further down Route 80 I would stay here. But be realisitc about your expectations ... its a low cost room without amenities in a dated no service motel.

Room Tip: If you want the best a/c stay away from the center of the building it seems. Also they take dogs so...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Frequentraveler_724

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stay at the Best Western in Blakeslee quite often, so I almost don't want to let anyone else know what a great place it is. Convenient to rt 80, there is a Wawa and Dunkin nearby, close to many attractions. Always reasonably priced. Very clean. Doesn't have any old musty or smoky odors like some other local hotels. The staff is always so nice and helpful. and the bed is so comfy... i regret that I always have to get up early for whatever hiking, biking, rafting, etc adventure I'm there for. I could go here just to sleep in :)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Warm, friendly staff, with clean rooms and hotel main areas, in a beautiful setting make for a perfect trip. First time to the Pocono area and a friend recommended this location as the perfect place to stay. It was a very good choice and I too would recommend to others and will return.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Concord,NH
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My husband and I stayed here two nights while visiting our daughter. Our children, grandchildren and I enjoyed the large warm pool, hot tub and sauna. There was also a fine area to walk the dog. I would stay here again if I were in the area.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank oohpretty
Sayre PA
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Stayed at this Location for Mother's day weekend event at Pocono raceway. Lots of parking if you happen to be towing a trailer. Clean rooms (had 2) breakfast good with variety of hot and cold foods. Breakfast area a bit tight but seemed to work ok. Some over flow area with tables and chairs between Breakfast area and front desk. The prices increased for Friday and Saturday by 33% seems like a hefty increase just because of being a "resort area"

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Burbank, California, United States
Reviewed 8 March 2013

This was a most disappointing stay, the carpets stick to your socks, the beds felt like they were there since the property was built.
The staff was ok but nothing outstanding, there was a noise all night coming from the heater and it was either hot or cold. the looks on the web are not what you run into when you arrive.and the breakfast what a joke.
Just keep driving by this hotel there are better ones down the street, the only reason i used this property is that they could handle a semi and trailrer

Room Tip: just do your home work when booking as stay
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Brian L

Travellers are raving about these Blakeslee hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blakeslee
Pocono Resort Conference Center
#5 of 7 in Mount Pocono
The Village at Pocono
The Village at Pocono
#1 of 1 in Long Pond

Been to Best Western Inn At Blakeslee-Pocono? Share your experiences!