“Good Hotel”

Best Western Inn At Blakeslee-Pocono
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Blakeslee
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Nice clean room helpfull staff. The internet did not work and the AC was noisy but I would go back. The breakfast was very good and put out early whic I needed. It had a parking lot for a trailer which was I needed also.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank David B

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Room was good. Close to raceway. We look for a complimentary breakfast when we travel and we had to deal with a server that was less than accommodating. She would not give us spoons and would only replenish food when asked by guests even though there was still a lot of time left for breakfast. There was not workout area but they advertised one being there. Room had a funny smell.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My family and I stayed here for two nights (Friday-Sunday). The room itself was adequate (comfy bed) but definitely oversold as a "suite." In my experience, a suite implies that there is a wall (half or full) between the bed and the sofa; there should also be at least a small fridge if not a kitchenette. This room appeared to be built for two queen/double beds. Instead it had a small sleeper sofa and a king bed jammed into it. We couldn't open the sleeper sofa and still have room for the coffee table on the floor (we stood it on its side in a corner).
Note that this is a pet-friendly hotel, which is great unless your neighbor's dog barks every time someone walks by the door. The walls are thick but the doors are not - so you hear everything in the hallway, including when the neighbor lets the door slam shut.
This particular weekend the hotel was fully booked for a family reunion (not mine). The public areas of this hotel (lobby, breakfast area, etc.) are not large enough for this hotel's capacity. The complimentary breakfast was poorly stocked although the one employee they had covering it was trying very hard to keep up with the volume. Selection was also limited to high carb, high fat choices (pancakes, sausage, biscuits, sausage gravy, toast, cereal) with light yogurt and canned fruit cocktail rounding things off.
If you need a clean place to stay, this is fine. But keep your expectations in check.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We experienced a stay at Best Western Hotel in Blakeslee, Pa , which is in the Pocono Mountains. The staff were very courteous and helpful to us. The accomodations were very meticulous and comfortable. Indoor pool. A full course breakfast which was provided at no charge was great. The location was in the heart of the Pocono's and close to all the attractions and restaurants. A definate thumbs up rating from me. Anthony R. Galasso Medfor, Ma.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

I read the glowing reports here (and actually have stayed here before) but I am sorry I can not be so positive.

First off I am distressed by their policy of not honoring discounts. I needed a room so I checked the Best Western web site and it shwed both a AAA and AARP discount of about 10% for a Friday night. But I had a special request which the web site did not accommodate so I called the front desk which said they could accommodate me and quoted me the higher rate. I said but the website says ..... the woman on the front desk tried to insinuate that the rate was not real. First she said oh that's only what they display and then said if you click on it it will not let you book our hotel. I was stupid and said ok.

At check I again questioned them and I got another handful of excuses. I even showed them from the Internet that the Best Western web site was quoting a 10% discounted rate. She again said the site did not have rooms, would not let me book it, etc. I showed her by going all the way to the final confirm for booking on the site and still the desk refused the discount.

I know its not that much money but still it is a 10% discount and I think this hotel is just being petty and abusing its customers. Later while I was in the lobby area I heard them refuse an Active Duty Military Discount for Friday night as well. Shame on the hotel for not respecting someone in the military!!! and in general not honoring its posted discounts.

Sorry being long winded but it really erks me .... point is book on the Internet and don't let the desk fake you out into paying the higher rates. If they do not honor the Internet discounts call Best Western Corporate HQ... the hotel is independently owned but has to maintain its franchise.

The hotel itself looks like it has not be redecorated or refreshed in 20 years .... the 1990s called and wants its motel back!

The bed was as hard a the concrete floor. One of the sheets in the bed looked none too clean so I pulled it off the bed and then I decided to check for bugs before I dared climb into bed. Thankfully I did not find bugs but the sheet looked like it had missed the wash or maybe had been through the wash far too many times to be on the bed.

The "hot buffet breakfast" they make such a big deal about on check in .... well it was hot. And served with an attitude in a space smaller than a closet. You have to climb over people and tables to get near the tiny little counter. They served hard boiled eggs, commerical made (read tasteless) mini muffins and donuts, and cold ceral. The fruit was all canned -- I saw the server walk by with the gallon drums of "fresh fruit". When I asked her if there was any more milk for the ceral her response was, "it's there." I said its empty. Response. "It can not be I just filled it." I went back to the machine and two drops came out. Her response she squeezed the bag the milk was in and walked away. Two more drops came out and that was it. Cold ceral with four drops of milk: Yum! Maybe the buffet is hot but it is sure not fresh. Compared to the Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn or alike this breakfast is fairly lame.

The a/c around the hotel was very spotty. Rooms in the center of the building seem to be the worst and were nearly impossible to cool off in the middle of a heatwave despite running the a/c full blast on the lowest setting for hours. The elevator was hot and smelled a bit like a gym locker room.... eeewww.

I will say the hotel overall looked clean just not modern. The location is super convenient to the highway. Also there arre a few descent places to eat near by plus a Wawa, Dunkin Donuts, etc. in easy driving distance.

No raves. If I was in the area and could not get a room in one of the other area motels in Stoudsburg or one stop further down Route 80 I would stay here. But be realisitc about your expectations ... its a low cost room without amenities in a dated no service motel.

Room Tip: If you want the best a/c stay away from the center of the building it seems. Also they take dogs so...
2  Thank Frequentraveler_724
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stay at the Best Western in Blakeslee quite often, so I almost don't want to let anyone else know what a great place it is. Convenient to rt 80, there is a Wawa and Dunkin nearby, close to many attractions. Always reasonably priced. Very clean. Doesn't have any old musty or smoky odors like some other local hotels. The staff is always so nice and helpful. and the bed is so comfy... i regret that I always have to get up early for whatever hiking, biking, rafting, etc adventure I'm there for. I could go here just to sleep in :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Warm, friendly staff, with clean rooms and hotel main areas, in a beautiful setting make for a perfect trip. First time to the Pocono area and a friend recommended this location as the perfect place to stay. It was a very good choice and I too would recommend to others and will return.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blakeslee
Pocono Resort Conference Center
#1 of 1 in Long Pond
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#5 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Best Western Inn At Blakeslee-Pocono? Share your experiences!