“Good for the money”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Blakeslee
Venice, Florida
“Good for the money”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I recently spent 2 nights here while attending a conference down the road about 6 miles. This hotel was about half the price of the conference site. The location off the Interstate is good, yet not bothered by road noise. The clerk, upon check-in ,was accommodating and friendly.
The room was spacious and bathroom was nice size. The room was relatively clean except for the cobweb hanging from the ceiling. The bed was comfortable.
Indoor pool seems to be ideal with this place being cold in winter. They have a nice outdoor area beyond the pool with tables, chairs and umbrellas. The pool area closes at 10pm.
Breakfast was not bad at all. They had cereal, muffins ,toast , English muffins, hard boiled eggs ,fruit ,milk , juice , omelette and sausage. What more does one need to start the day? Let's face it, it's not the Ritz-Carlton. Coffee was good, and to me that's important.
I would definitely stay here again if the need arose.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Frank-Judi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Philadelphia, United States
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Didn't expect the anything fancy and didn't' get anything fancy but was satisfied for what I needed it for and at the price I needed. It's not the Ritz but it's not the motel 6. You get what you pay for. The bed was uncomfortable but clean. The breakfast was cereal, dry muffins and microwaved eggs and the OJ was too concentrated but the Wawa is down the road so I can't really complain. It was clean, the indoor pool was warm, and the staff were nice. For the price and for one night, I have no regrets.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Montez H
Long Island, New York
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Check in woman was rude. Breakfast is gross. Barking dogs all day. Room service skipped our room. When we called the front desk first we heard the cleaning people were leaving, then some one will be right up. Well which is it? I will never visit this hotel again!!!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Dar R

Travellers are raving about these Blakeslee hotels

Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here last night. Room was quiet clean comfortable and staff was very helpful. Would stay again if I were in the area. Pool area looked a bit run down and had no towels though. Did not try the breakfast as we slept late.

1 Thank Joe32348682
Haddonfield, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 July 2014

There was a "brown" stain on the sheets - it came off with soap and water and we covered the spot with towels BUT what was the stain and were the sheets changed (we were just too tired to call and wait for new sheets to be delivered late at night). The carpet felt damp and spongy. We stayed there for location but would never stay there again. This experience makes me think the "Best Western" brand has poor quality control.

3 Thank JANE B
New Jersey
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

My son was in a soccer tournament nearby so we stayed one night to avoid traveling from NJ two days in a row. Slight issue at check in. Was told I had multiple reservations but that got resolved pretty quickly. Room was clean but somehow not really comfortable. No easy chair, no fridge, no extra blankets or pillows. We had 2 double beds with 3 small small pillows each, my bedding came off the mattress ;as described in a previous review. A. C. was difficult to regulate but it did work. Noise from adjacent rooms was noticeable. Did not use the pool or sauna so I can't comment. Breakfast OK. The bottom line; did not get a restful nights sleep.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank BobbyGee65
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was recently in the Blakeslee area for a food and wine festival in Split Rock Resort. I made my reservation at the Best Western Inn a month prior to the event for two double sized beds, as we had 4 adults sleeping in the room. I verified with the woman on the phone that it was for 2 beds and she confirmed. This was the only hotel in the area that was showing up online, however I found there are plenty of hotels in the area. There is a holiday inn minutes away, that is almost brand new. After a long day, I showed up at the hotel with my wife, her two parents and her 6 year old brother who was BEAT. I get to the hotel and it looks like a Best Western from 15 years ago. It's an extremely rundown hotel who clearly skimps when it comes to upgrading and renovating. I go to the front desk to check in and I am informed that there are no rooms with 2 beds still available, and all they can provide me is a 1 king sized bed room with a sofa bed. I explain to the person at the front desk that this was not what I reserved, and she simply says there is nothing she can do, rudely I may add. She told me "Go find another hotel if that's what you want." Now I am with a 6 year old who is sleeping on their couch, you think they would be a little more understanding. After 20 minutes of pleading with the front desk person, she finally agrees to call the owner of the hotel. The owner answers the phone, and immediately calls me a liar saying I did not reserve that room. I ask for her to bring up the phone records so I can prove it to her, and she conveniently says that they don't record phone conversations. She continues to say more rude things to me on the phone and eventually tells me that she can take $20 off the bill, take it or leave it. I decided I had wasted enough time and just accepted the $20 reduction. The room did not have enough blankets for us all to sleep in, and it was so small we were all cramped. Overall, this was a horrible experience with even worse customer service, and I hope no one gives this hotel business because that's what they deserve.

Room Tip: Don't go.