“Comfortable beds and very clean”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Bloomsburg
Reviewed 6 April 2014

The outside of the hotel didn't look to promising, but the inside of the rooms were clean and very nice. Check in was great. The front desk clerks were very helpful. We were given a 10% discount coupon for a local restaurant, but ended up not using it. However, I was thankful for the option. The room was great, EXTREMELY comfortable bed. I am use to the ugly, nasty bed "blankets" that most hotels use. This hotel had a clean, tasteful blanket. There was also a good size mini fridge in our room. The room was very quiet even with our room right next to the outside door. The free breakfast was great and offered many options. Mostly healthy, and a few that weren't as much. The only complaint I would have is the heater was very noisy. We ended up not using it because it was waking us up thankfully we didn't need it anyway.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
EconoGM143, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Lynda

Thank you so much for submitting a review of our Award winning Econo Lodge. We know that your time is valuable so we appreciate the investment you made in us by sharing your opinions.

I am so sorry about the heater, this information was not passed on. The staff and I have reviewed this incident together with our focused concern being that your experience was not reported to management so that we could make it right. Moving forward our internal communications will be improved and our guests will see a more immediate result.

Since your stay, maintenance has inspected the unit and found the problem. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations during your next trip to Bloomsburg, PA.

Donna Gordner, CHA

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Definitely will stay again. Would even go a little out of my way to stay again. The folks at the front desk in the afternoon were very cheery and all 3 had a great sense of humor. Plenty of parking for large trucks. 10% discount coupon for 2 close by restaurants is a bonus. Nice little breakfast in the morning. Easy on/off I-80. Close to the interstate but you'd never know by the noise level. Unbeatable price for what I got.

Room Tip: They forewarn you that the WiFi signal is spotty except in the lobby area. I was in Room 101, which...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
EconoGM143, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you so much for your recent review! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and just as pleased that you took the time to share this with others. Customer Service and Safety are our top priorities and we are always looking to improve where we can!

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Stayed 1 night due to attending an all day class in the area which started in the early a.m..

Very pleasant staff, clean, quiet, comfortable. Served my needs perfectly.

Would definitely stay here again and recommend to others.

Cannot be beat for the price!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Your kind words are greatly appreciated! We serve many guests throughout the year with our main focus on satisfaction and security, It is fantastic to get the feedback from our guests that shows us what we are doing right and where we have room for improvement. We appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts. It is my hope that we will continue to have future opportunities to serve your lodging needs.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I complained about the heat in the room not being adequate. When I advised the desk clerk of this problem, he said he could move me but he had to have everything out of my room in order for me to do so. I advised him that I have many bags and if he was moving me to an adjacent room, I could just walk the items over. He insisted that I have everything out of the room first. What am I? A thief? Am I going to steal the room? Any hotel chain worth their salt would just do as I asked. GUARANTEED I will never stay here again. GUARANTEED.

Room Tip: Go back a few exits to the Red Roof Inn in Danville, PA. Much nicer staff and a better room. Should...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Stayed here because we were on a cross-country trip with our dog and needed a dog-friendly hotel. It was a little dark, but fairly clean and good enough for a one night stay. The breakfast left much to be desired, but at least they had something, I guess.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Casey W
EconoGM143, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Though it has been some time since you have shared your experience, I wanted to say thank you for your feedback. This information really does help us focuss on areas that need improvement and those that we are doing well at. The time you took and the comments you provided are very valuable to us. Please stop by on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Nothing fancy but priced right & it met our needs. Being so close to I-70 it was suprizingly quiet. We appreciated the fridge & free wi-fi. Basic rooms with fluffy towels & linens in good repair including actual fitted bottom sheets and crisply tucked in freshly laundered coverlet as opposed to a heavy bedspread. Could use a little updating ie flat screen TV & more channels but with strong wi-fi signal we were able to stream Netflix. Parking lot was well lit and we felt our vehicles were secure. Standard continental breakfast was well tended, with complimentary USA today & local papers. David at check-in was friendly and helpful & issued a 10% discount coupon for Perkins restaurant across the street; Montana was efficient at check-out. Housekeeping staff was WONDERFUL & went out of their way to accommodate our needs as our plans changed after we checked out @ 9am and they had our room ready for us within an hour, WOW! Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side of the building are quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank LINDA H

Thank you so much for filling out a review of our Award Winning Econo Lodge in Bloomsburg, PA! The information provided by our guests is truly important in evaluating our strong points, but more importantly, those areas that need to improve. We have amazing staff that deeply cares about our guests and their experience, I am confident that David, Montana and the entire Housekeeping staff will appreciate your comments as much as I do. Please come back when you are in the area again.

Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

I was there for one night.the bed was to hard.cable channels are not good.bathroom is to small.this hotel is o.k. in a pinch
but I wouldn't stay more than one night.the continental breakfast is terrible.

• Stayed: September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomsburg
Comfort Suites Bloomsburg
#1 of 8 in Bloomsburg
Budget Host Patriot Inn
Budget Host Patriot Inn
#6 of 8 in Bloomsburg

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!