“Nice and New!”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Bloomsburg
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Nice and New!”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I do not know how new this hotel is, but it is great! Nice and clean and new, GREAT location, right by a Walmart, Lowe's restaurants and sits atop a hill for beautiful views. We stayed here and drove to Knoebels Amusement Park and it was great!! Only complaint, front office clerk during check in was a bit rude.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back of the building for GREAT views!! :)
3 Thank Jenna M
Tammy H, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Bloomsburg, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to let us know that you enjoyed your stay. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the beautiful views of our PA mountians and found the shopping to be convenient. My accept my apologies for the less then welcome reception that you received when arriving at the hotel. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Hamilton, NJ
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I will start with the positive - the rooms were nice and clean.
I was disappointed with a staff member at the hotel, she was rude and answered things abruptly and should not be working in the customer service field if she is that miserable and does not want to help people. Examples, we called re: connecting rooms before we got there (we had already called before and this was confirming our reservation) and Destiny was rude and it wasn’t until asking for supervisor because she was short and mean on the phone (that wasn’t available she said would try and help but there were no guarantees). Then we arrived (3 friends and 5 girls ages 4 - 6) - we did get rooms connecting but then called re: DVD player or even wires were available with the hotel and we were told "no we do not, goodbye" - no suggestion on where to get this stuff. Then we called because the toilet got stuffed up and were told there is no maintenance you need to come get a plunger at the front desk and do it yourself. Thankfully after Destiny's shift - there was Rebecca who was very helpful and if she didn’t know the answers she found out for us. Also there was Sarah who was on the cleaning staff and she was also kind and our girls were talking to her and she listen to what they were saying and checked in the next day to see how they liked their adventure the day before.
Another issue with the hotel was the pool. The pool was very nice but the tile around the pool was tile and when the tile got wet you slipped. My daughter who was leaving the pool on Sunday was walking (because the day before she slipped and landed on her butt) but on Sunday stepped 3 inches out of the pool and slipped and landed on her back and hit her head. She has a HUGE bump and I know she can't be the first person to slip in there. They really need to look at that for safety reasons. We were lucky she wasn't seriously injured but what about the next child.

2 Thank KPATHamilton_NJ
Tammy H, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Bloomsburg, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Please accept my apologies for the less then perfect stay that you experienced while staying with us. Each and every comment that you made will be looked and addressed as appropriate. Please accept my additional apology concerning this issue with adjoining rooms. When reservations are generally made special requests like adjoining rooms are to be noted but not quaranteed as we cannot control unforseen mechanical problems, prior bookings in these rooms, or maintenance issues that may prohibit placing you in a room of this type, I do apologize that this was not explained to you at time of reservation, but am glad to hear that Destiny was able to address the request and honor that for you. Please know that you comments both good and bad will be addressed with the appropriate staff. It is always our goal to provide the best customer service to all our guest that we can. I am sorry to hear that your daughter slipped while using our pool and it is my hope that she is doing well. Thank you choosing to stay with us and we hope that you will consider trying our hotel again the next time you are in the area.
Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

The friendly staff, spacious rooms, and generous breakfast included with the rate, make for a very comfortable stay. Although the location adjacent to a Walmart isn't the most asthetic, views of the Pocono Mountains are also available.

• Stayed May 2013
I am pleased to hear that you found our rooms to be spacious and the breakfast good. We are very blessed with being able to enjoy to beautiful view of mountains. The view is always pleasant no matter what the time of the year. We thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay and hope to see you in the future.
barto, pa
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Stayed at the Comfort Suites in Bloomsburg for a soccer tournament at Bloomsburg University. Easy access off Rt 80 next to Lowes/WalMart shopping center. Quiet location. View is amazing.
Check in was quick and efficient with a pleasant front desk attendant.

Our room was HUGE. It was a corner location which I believe made it bigger than the other rooms as the other rooms were not as spacious, but still very roomy. Two queen beds and a sleep sofa. The beds were like sleeping on a cloud and bedding luxurious. Bathroom was also spacious, clean and with lots of hot water for the shower.

There is a small indoor pool which we did not use, but looked good enough. No Jacuzzi though. Exercise room was small with just 3 cardio items and a weight bench. No TV.

Lobby and breakfast area tastefully decorated. Breakfast was good with all the standard breakfast items and make your own waffles. The breakfast area turns into a bar (lounge) at night which was kind of cool if you like to have a nightcap.

I would absolutely stay at this hotel again if in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room for extra space.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
It was our pleasure to provide good, clean accomodations for you and your team while in the Bloomsburg, PA area. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room, beds, bathroom, breakfast and lobby area. All the staff at the Comfort Suites in Bloomsburg work very hard to provide the best possible guest experience to each and every guest that stay at the hotel. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Bloomsburg, PA area.
Honesdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I booked a room at the Comfort Suites in Bloomsburg a month in advance through a third party site thinking I was paying for it up front, come to find out that wasn't the case. After just buying a new car, I was broke the day we were to check in. My wife, 8 month old son and I drove 2hrs and were in Bloomsburg to go to see a specialist at geisinger medical center for our son. The front desk receptionist, Destiny, explained the room wasn't paid for...all I could think about was my family having to sleep in the car after a long trip. I asked her if she could just run my card after 11pm when I was going to get a postal direct deposit paycheck, I could tell right away that she has heard 1000 excuses from people BUT she took the time to make a call to see if it was okay. She got the okay and checked us in. Our stay was fantastic from the room to the food and staff!! Because of the receptionist Destiny, we will only stay a this hotel from now on! Thank you Comfort Suites and Thank you Destiny!! Your trust and one one phone call really did save us! -Frenyea family

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
It was our pleasure to assist you and your family during your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that Destiny was helpful and understanding of your situation. It is our hope that everything has worked out for your family and that you child is feeling better. We would love to see you again when staying in the Bloomsburg area in the future.
NJ
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We have stayed in many hotels along I-80 over the years, and this is one of the best. It's not perfect, but the room was large, clean, well-outfitted, and the bedding was very nice. We arrived late in the evening, and the receptionist was very welcoming. In the morning when we wanted to use the (very small) pool before breakfast, our keys wouldn't open the pool room door. The morning receptionist seemed annoyed when we asked for help. She gave us new keys and we tried again. Still no luck. Another trek back to the desk. This time she asked a few questions ("Are you checking out this morning?") and then went with us to the pool and opened the door with her key. There were no towels in the pool area, so one more trek to the desk... Breakfast was disappointing. The eggs (omelette??) were inedible. They tasted like wet cardboard. How did they managed that? Not wanting to have a high carb breakfast, I went away hungry. The public areas are large and nicely furnished, and the overall atmosphere was pleasant. For a hotel that is close to the highway, it's really quiet. There is a big shopping area next to it including a Panera, Home Depot etc. Our room was large and partly divided, but it's a stretch to call it a "suite."

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mimiinnj
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I am pleased to hear that overall you found the hotel to be pleasant and accomodating. Please know that all your comments are reviewed and taken seriously, and will be addressed.
Canton, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Great place for an overnight stay when traveling through PA. Room was very nice, clean, comfortable bed and even though I was on the 1st floor I found it quiet. Desk clerk was very friendly and helpful when checking in at 1030 pm, as was the desk clerk in the morning when checking out. Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for letting us know that your enjoyed a quiet night in one of our first floor rooms and that we met your expectations in providing a nice clean room. I am also please to hear that the night staff and morning staff were friendly and attentive to your needs.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomsburg
Hampton Inn Bloomsburg
#4 of 6 in Danville
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#6 of 6 in Danville

Been to Comfort Suites Bloomsburg? Share your experiences!