“Clean place, nice people”

Comfort Suites Bloomsburg
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Bloomsburg
“Clean place, nice people”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

As an Employee of choice hotels, I try to take advantage of my discount whenever possible. Most of my experience here was good, but there were a few issues. Would these issues keep me from coming back to this hotel? Probably not, but I would like to make management aware of them. As an employee of choice hotels, I understand the day to day operations of a hotel and understand that is not always easy. The people here are genuinely caring and want there customers to return, but one of the issues I had prevented me from doing one of the "Main" reasons why I booked the room, and why I chose to stay at this hotel. Unfortunately most people wouldn't over look this issue, and would just say "I'm not staying here anymore"

It was the weekend of my birthday, and my partner and I wanted a romantic weekend getaway. Unfortunately, with my employee discount, I couldn't get the Whirlpool Suite so I booked the room under my partners name using the friends and family rate. I WAS able to get the room I wanted for $69.99 a night which was good.

When we got to the hotel, we were greeted by Shawn, very nice young man. He got us registered in quickly, and we were then able to go up to our room. The room we had was 333, very nice room. The room was immaculate. Very clean, and no signs what so ever of dust. Upon getting to the room, my partner decided to lie down. At that point I was feeling pretty hungry so I drove to Burger King and got myself something to eat. Unfortunately while I was there I forgot to ask for salt packet and ketchup, so I figured I would just ask for this at the hotel. As soon as I got back to the hotel with my food, I asked for this, and Shawn right away gave me two ketchup packets and let me know that the salt was on the table.

Again, the whole reason why I stayed in this hotel was to get a Jacuzzi type room, so I was looking forward to use it once we settled in for the evening. So I go in and turn the water on, and let the water go nice and high, I turned the jets on and went to get in it, and noticed some "black stuff" coming out of the jets. I couldn't get over this, and then couldn't figure out what it was, so I thought well... maybe it just might be because it hasn't been used in a while. So the next time we went out I asked the girl at the desk, and she said the same thing, that it just may because it hasn't been used in a while and to let it run.

So we went back upstairs, and I decided that I would give the hot tub another try a few hours later. So I tried it again around 11:30pm and the same thing happened. "Black Stuff" came out.
So I decided not to take a chance. I was disappointed, because like I said, this was the whole reason for me booking this room.

It might be a good idea, to have maintenance go up and clean the hot tub jets out before renting these rooms, I can guarantee your customers won't be happy about the "black stuff" coming out.
So the next time I stay at this hotel, and book the Jacuzzi Suite, I will call ahead the day before or something to make sure maintenance took care of it.

Another issue was that I found the shower next to the whirlpool was very small, I am a guy on the heavier side and need a little room to move around in the shower so that was a little disappointing.

On a positive not though, the bed was very comfortable, and the room was very spacious and there was lots of room for us to move around. The TV was nice and had a clear picture all the way. I met Trisha, the GM on Sunday. She seemed nice and really seems to care about the guests at the hotel. The girl who worked the pm shift was also nice, I think her name was Annie but I am not 100% sure. Also the phone in our room was broke, there was no dial tone or anything, I asked for a wake up call so I wouldn't miss breakfast, but the phone was broken so I didn't receive it. I missed breakfast because I chose to sleep in. Next time we visit the hotel I will be sure to take advantage of the breakfast.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again because everyone seemed nice and the hotel was clean, and it was in a great area, and nearby to a lot of restaurant. We decided to eat at Ruby Tuesdays which was very good. This Comfort Suites also had a Wal-Mart right next door, that had a McDonald's in it. That was also handy. Just the next time I want to book the Jacuzzi Suite I'll probably call ahead to make sure it's clean.

Also, when we both wanted to get something out of the vending machine, the Front Desk clerk told me that the vending machines were out of stock and probably wouldn't work, so we decided not to try, didn't want to risk the machine eating our money, so we decided to just get drinks at Wal-Mart, but if you are having problems with your vending machines or if they are out of stock, I recommend putting an out of order sign up until the machine is restocked, or until it is working properly. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay, and will consider coming back again.

Room Tip: If you want a whirlpool suite, call ahead to make sure it is clean, or you will have black stuff com...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
barto, pa
Reviewed 23 December 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel. I wanted to stay someplace cheaper, but I was traveling without my husband and was worried about safety. The other hotel I looked at was 1/2 the price of this one, but had an outdoor corridor which I was not too fond of. I was not disappointed in my decision. Rooms are very spacious and clean. Warm and cozy on a snowy night. We did however have other guests opening and slamming their doors at 11:30 at night. This is just part of the ignorance of other guests. How hard is it to shut the door quietly??

Breakfast was standard fare. Cereal, waffles, eggs. Breakfast area was kept clean.

My son has been accepted to Bloom for this fall and if we need a place to stay, this will be it! Bloomsburg University was a short 4 miles away.

Room Tip: Next time I will ask for a corner room by the elevator. Not as much foot traffic.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank disneybonvoyage
Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I came into Bloomsburg for a cousin's wedding. For the price I expected so much less and was pleasantly surprised. Was just blown away when I walked into the room. It was spacious and clean, had a separate sitting area and great water pressure in the shower. I also appreciated the generous breakfast - much more than other continental breakfasts. I wouldn't even call it that, there was SO much to choose from and I was even able to take a piece of fruit and a bagel to eat later that morning as we drove home.
I would not hesitate to stay here again and will look at other Comfort Suites favorably.

Room Tip: Did not use room service or the spa. The corner suite was phenomenal.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CTwildheart
Willingboro, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Large ajoining rooms, nicely appointed and clean. Beds large and comfortable.The staff was friendly and helpful. The restuarant was big and the breakfast had a good selection. Gemma in dinning room was very helpful and friendly.On future trips I will plan to stay at comfort suites and inns.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bill S
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I had a positive experience at this location. The room was spacious and included a fridge and microwave (a must when you are stuck in a hotel for two weeks). The location is perfect, about 5 minutes from our office. The bed was comfortable and the pillows are fantastic when you need to get some recuperative sleep. Elaine at the bar was fantastic and kept me entertained two or three nights a week, and the bar has a decent selection of liquor, beer, and wine for a hotel property. The hot breakfast is alright, it's not mind-blowing, but it definitely adds to the edge that this hotel holds over the other comparable properties in town (Hampton Inn and H.I. Express)

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevator/ice machine/vending area, it can get a little noisy at times.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jason M
Pa
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed here one night while on business. The room was clean, but the refrigerator vibrated so loudly that I had to turn it off to work. (I got no satisfaction from the staff.) The breakfast was mediocre at best. Have the cold cereal or make your own waffle. Many fast food choices in the area, but little else. Bed was ok.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank bhjj99
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

I've had a lot of miss experiences with comfort suites, but decided to stay here because of the price, location and the reviews. The location is incredibly convenient- close to some shops and restaurants, and right off of interstate 80. The rooms are very spacious, have decent furniture, are comfortable, clean, and have a very nice television. There's a bit of a worn-out fitness center, a very small indoor pool, and a tiny game room. The staff was incredibly friendly and made me feel welcome. There's also a little bar and a decent breakfast in the morning. Best Comfort suite I've stayed in.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jgiano
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomsburg
Holiday Inn Express Bloomsburg
#3 of 6 in Danville
Hampton Inn Danville
Hampton Inn Danville
#1 of 6 in Danville

Been to Comfort Suites Bloomsburg? Share your experiences!