“pa magazine never fails”

Bill's Old Bike Barn
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Bloomsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Sensational collection - motorcycle, military, carousel, collectibles from around the world.
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Bill's old bike barn was a hoot. This is our first time there (and it won't be our last). It was a surprise for my brother-in-law. There is so much stuff (not just motorcycles but they were so
cool). When you walk in you are greeting by a charming and well informed man. We stood there
in awe. We made my brother-in-laws day and ours also. From hair curlers (which looked like a torture device) old cameras, carousal animals, to the suit of armor. This is a must to see place.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"awesome place"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We were in the area visiting friends, when we came upon this place. We couldn't believe how much stuff was inside and well it was displayed. Every inch of the barn was used!! This is certainly a place we will visit again. We were there a few days ago and just can't stop talking about it. Bill and his staff make us feel very welcome.

2  Thank hannabanana13
Reviewed 2 September 2013

So many antiques to look at from old cameras, old perfume bottles, old toys, old army supplies and hats, bicycles, signs etc.
Keep in mind the building is not air conditioned so go on a cooler day.

1  Thank Curiouspb
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Although I’ve lived in the area for years, I’d never gone to Bill’s Old Bike Barn until recently. I had out-of-state relatives in town and was looking for something local to do. I’m not particularly into motorcycles, so I didn’t think there would be much for me. Boy, was I wrong! Sure, there are tons of motorcycles and cycle memorabilia, but there is so much more. The museum, which is much larger than it looks from the outside, is full of Americana memorabilia from throughout the 20th century.

The highlight of the trip for me was the new addition (still underway) of a fabricated downtown, called “Billville.” Much like replications in large amusement parks, each “shop” has been assembled with care, including the small-appliances repair shop, the cobbler's shop, the fire station, and the dentist’s office. There’s much work to be done, and I look forward to seeing the finished product.

The admission cost is certainly reasonable ($5/person, kids under 10 are free). The location, right off Interstate 80, is ideal for those on long road trips who would like to stop and stretch.

My only suggestion would be for them to include more information about the memorabilia. Fortunately, I had a relative with me who could explain some of the older tools, engines, and machines. Otherwise, I would have not had any idea what I was seeing.