“Nice, Clean, Convenienct”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Bloomsburg
New York City, New York
“Nice, Clean, Convenienct”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Conveniently located right off of interstate 80, the Hampton Inn Bloomsburg is a very nice hotel. When we first walked in, we were greeted by friendly desk staff and a lovely lobby area with a warm fireplace. From the lobby to our room, everywhere we went was very clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. I'm always cold, and the room was the perfect temperature for me, although it was easily adjustable. We went in the fall and there was a very pretty view of the hills from our room. We asked if we could extend out checkout for 1 hour because we were waiting for someone and they were very accommodating. The hotel has computers, free wifi, an indoor pool, and a gym.

The included breakfast was great. Selection included eggs, bagels, toast, yogurts, cereals, oatmeal, fruit, make your own waffles and more. The staff kept up with the service and cleaning, and asked us if everything was okay.

The hotel's location is right off the highway and is about a 2 minute drive to Bloomsburg University and one exit away from a large shopping area with a Sears, JC Penney, Lowes, Walmart, and lots of restaurants. The hotel is also walking distance to a gas station and a Denny's which was also convenient.

I would highly recommend this hotel as a place to stay for one night or more.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Tara T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bloomsburg, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Thank you for being our guest here at the Hampton Inn Bloomsburg. I'm glad everything met your expectations and you were pleased with your stay. We are passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Have a wonderful day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 7 October 2012

This is where you should start your search for local stays, and then compare Hampton Inn to any and all the others. I believe you will end up here. The price was about as good as you're going to get for the services offered. The temperature control was perfect, very low noise level from were I was sleeping (second floor), the beds and room were virtually spotless and the in-room coffee maker was a great touch. Small town with small town charm. A place where you will be treated like family. Cindy was extrememly helpful, even going so far as to giving us a map of all the local covered bridges - Pennsylvania is home to more than any other state.
The Staff was top notch there, always willing to offer suggestions or help in any way. Thank you Cindy, Victoria, Tara and everybody else for a memorable stay.
Oh, and a big THANKS to the woman tirelessly preparing all those wonderful breakfast fixins, they really were a good way to start a long day of festivities!
I only had one negative issue I had with the whole experience. I wish that they would honor coupons from other Hampton Inns, While traveling along the turnpike we found a coupon book for local hotels, and we were pleasently suprised to find a coupon for Hampton Inn! Although it was for the neighboring town of Danville, we hoped that that the Bloomburg one would honor it, unfortunately they did not. If they would have, we might have been able to stay one more day to visit with family.

Room Tip: Oh and if you are staying here during the warmer months and have never heard of Knoebels Grove Amuse...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed 15 September 2012

We recently stayed 1 night at the Hampton Inn...It was a very nice experience...The girl at the desk was pleasant and very helpful....This was on Sept. 12, 2012...around 6:30 or 7:00 PM...I'm sorry I didn't notice the girl's name but she does need some recognition...I wanted to find a place that had Yogurt, being I can't eat Ice Cream...She googled some places for us, found an Ice cream place that sold Yogurt non fat....She printed out the directions, we were pleased with her friendliness...Not only did we have such good service, the breakfast was great and the room was very clean...We stay at Hampton Inn's mostly when we travel and always have been very pleased....

Room Tip: If you need a refridgerator in the room, order it in advance to reserve...It wasn't a big deal f...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This is your pretty standard Hampton Inn, which is saying a good thing. Rooms were nice and clean, and we even had a great view of the valley out our window. Beds were super-comfortable, as usual, front desk staff were extremely warm and friendly, and everything else is what you'd expect from a Hampton. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
new york
Reviewed 31 August 2012

We decided to stay here for its close proximity to Knoebels Amusement Park. Wasn't all that happy when we first checked in and this was why... At the desk we were met with a friendly female (sorry I don't remember her name) check in was 1,2,3 and when reservations were made weeks prior we were told we would get discount coupons for Knoebels. Was told "sorry we don't have any more" and was directed to a small computer area to get them online from Knoebels website. Well Knoebels website did not have them on there so we were out of luck. We get to our room to drop off luggage etc and was surprised to see there was not a safe in the room. Its 2012 people where safety and security is of upmost importance and there was no safe in the room for me to lock up my ids and credit cards and money. There was not a refrigerator either. While making my reservations I specifically mentioned "there will be a refrigerator in the room?" and was told yes. When we inquired where the fridge was we were told "sorry we don't have anymore". Huh? Why does your website boast an in room fridge? So we had to use my cooler bag that I happened to be using for our 4 hour ride there and filled it with ice. So now I had a cooler in the room taking up the space where the fridge could have been. The room was clean the bed was comfy and the bathroom was spacious which made up for my distaste. The kids enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The breakfast is average at best. Awful eggs (they looked and tasted like powdered eggs), wasnt impressed with the tasteless waffles either and only one waffle iron (obviously produced a waiting line), the oatmeal ran out early and I could whistle dixie for orange juice. Overflowing garbage cans were not appealing either first thing in the morning. I did like the coffee bar by the front desk which was at our disposal, it was a nice touch. First time at a Hampton Inn, may be my last............

Room Tip: A rollaway bed can make the room tight. Not recommended..
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
NJ
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We have stayed at this Hampton Inn several times but this summer noticed that it was starting to show some wear. Still okay and very convenient to Knoebel's Amusement Park but could definitely use a little freshening up. Normal Hampton Inn complimentary breakfast and wi-fi.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Historiana
Williamstown, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I always feel safe going with a Hampton Inn. They are usually clean, comfortable with a good continental breakfast. This one was no different, but I have to say how great the staff was. The 2 women that check us in were extremely helpful. We told them about our plans for hiking Ricketts Glen and they gave us detailed instructions of where to park and how long the hike would take. They also suggested other hikes in different state parks. They were both friendly and outgoing it really made a big impression on me and I just wanted to give them credit. I only remember the name of one - Cindy, but they were both outstanding.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Lori B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Bloomsburg, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to compliment our hotel and our staff! Ricketts Glen is one of my favorite places to hike in this area so I hope you enjoyed. We hope to see you next time you are in the area!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomsburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bloomsburg
Hampton Inn Danville
Hampton Inn Danville
#1 of 6 in Danville
Best Western Plus Country Cupboard Inn

Been to Hampton Inn Bloomsburg? Share your experiences!