“Thumbs up”

Hampton Inn Bloomsburg
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Bloomsburg
Reviewed 19 August 2013

First time staying there...pleasantly surprised with size of room, comfort of beds and cleanliness. Breakfast was good, pool was clean but a bit much on the chlorine side. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 August 2013

We arrived at the Inn after a long drive and were greeted by the clerk at the desk who personalized her greeting having been the person who took the reservation. She was charming and pleasant and wanted to be sure we were aware of what the Inn offered. The room was in excellant condition . It was noted on the bed headboard that not only the linens but the duvet was also washed for our visit. the hotel was quiet and very clean. In the morning, we ate breakfast in the lobby which was provided, There were many good choices. Overall I would definitely stay in any Hampton Inn if this is an example of the chain

Room Tip: Always ask for a smoke free room away from the elevator
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Stayed there with family due to its proximity to Knoebels. Check in was very smooth. Room was clean and comfortable. No fridge or microwave in the room. Breakfast food itself was very good, but had the same issue I see all to often at the Hampton Inns. Some people like to lounge in the breakfast area after eating. I wish they wouldn't when others can't find a place to sit. I don't expect hotel management to police the area. But installing some polite signs encouraging/requesting people to move along after eating (i.e. enjoy their coffee in the lobby lounge area) when others are eating while standing would be helpful. I guess that's a tip for all the Hampton Inns.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

The mangement and the staff of this hotel did an AMAZING job ( as usual ) ! From the moment we stepped into the lobby the ladies at the front desk were warm, friendly, helpful and accommodating. A maintenance man quickly delivered the refrigerator we requested; he asked if everything was in working order and if there was anything else he could help with. The room was very clean and fresh and the housekeepers consistently exceeded our needs; they recognized we had several young ladies with us and left us extra shampoo and towels each day without us even asking. One night we returned to find all of my daughters stuffed animals nicely arranged on her bed; WOW, talk about going above and beyond ! The folks in the restaurant were awesome as well; each day they recognized we were running late to get out the door to go to Knoebel's (the local amusement park) and they made sure that not only did kids have something to eat but that we took an extra piece of fruit with us for the ride. All the kids talked about on the way home was when could we go back. Kudos once again to the management and staff of this hotel; they truly epitomize what guest service should be !

Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed here for one night while visiting nearby Knoebels Amusement Park. In short, we were very happy with our stay here. We checked in around 10pm and the process was very quick. I ended up forgetting my boys toothbrushes, so I asked the front desk if they had two, and they gave me three, indicating the toothbrushes weren't of great quality, so she gave me an extra one in case one broke.

The room itself is pretty basic, but most importantly, it was clean. There was even a note on each bed indicating the linens and bedspread were freshly cleaned for our arrival. What I really liked is that there was a shared nightstand between our two beds, which had a ChargePort consisting of two outlets and two USB ports--one dedicated for a standard device like an iPhone, and the other for a tablet device like an iPad. This is the first time I've seen this and I wish other hotels did something similar. The beds themselves were comfortable and a bit on the firmer side, which tends to be to my liking.

There is a small work area along with a HDTV that sits on top of a small 3-drawer dresser. The door to the closet is actually a full-length mirror. The bathroom sink and enough room to put out your toiletry items and the shower/tub used a curved shower curtain rod making it feel a bit more spacious in there. You'll find the usual amenities like shampoo, conditioner, lotion, mouthwash, hair dryer, etc. There is also a coffee maker in the room and a luggage rack. No in-room safe or mini-fridge, but you wouldn't expect that in this class of hotel. There were a few caulking issues in the tub, but nothing major.

The hot breakfast in the morning was much better than I had expected. There was scrambled eggs with ham, sausage, breakfast potatoes, oatmeal with assorted toppings, fruit, yogurt, cereal, assorted breads and danishes, and a couple of waffle makers to make your own belgian waffles. Of course, you'll find coffee, hot chocolate, and assorted juices (cranberry, apple, and orange). Someone decided to put a muffin complete with wrapper through the toaster, which burned, sending smoke throughout the breakfast area, and consequently, the fire alarm went off. Employees jumped to action and had the alarm silenced within a few minutes and did their best to get the smoke out of the room. There were plenty of seats to be had, and there is a TV and newspaper for you to enjoy while you are eating breakfast as well. For kids, they have coloring pages and crayons that you can use. Staff was friendly, and when I botched one of the waffles, she offered to make another one for me and deliver it to my table.

Honestly, there isn't much wrong I can say about this place. It's about 20 minutes from Knoebels, so not too bad. For the price we paid, I felt it was a great value. Free WiFi is also provided throughout the hotel. We will definitely stay here again the next time we head up to Knoebels.

1  Thank GigemAggie
Reviewed 5 August 2013

very clean and great staff would recomend to my friends and family. The rooms were very clean. the linens were clean and fresh. The staff were helpful and genuine. The pool was clean and refreshing. We had one very small incident and the staff was accomodating and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2013

This hotel was clean from top to bottom. Extremely impressed with the cleanliness and friendliness of the staff. Enjoyed my stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. We stayed to visit Knoebels Amusement Park. The proximity was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomsburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bloomsburg
Hampton Inn Danville
Hampton Inn Danville
#1 of 6 in Danville
Best Western Plus Country Cupboard Inn

Been to Hampton Inn Bloomsburg? Share your experiences!