“Terrible food”

Dining options: Reservations
Ringtown, Pennsylvania
“Terrible food”
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I ate here once before, it was about 2 yrs. ago. Upon my first visit my wife and I found the food to be boring and rather tame for "indian" food. The buffet was lame and we felt like we had to "save some for the rest of the diners" when we plated our food. I could've eaten everything on that buffet table myself. We decided just this past week to give Sakuntala one more try, since I loooooove indian food at there are no indian restaurants around here. Our second visit was exactly the same as the first. A big disappointment. Boring MICROWAVED, yes fresh out of the microwave food, no spice, no heat and no flavor. Not to mention the speed of service here is at a snails pace. Clear your schedule for an hour and :45 minutes if you plan to eat here.
You would be better off buying frozen "Tandoor Chef" brand indian food in a box at the supermarket for an evening of exotic cuisine. It tastes better and you'll have your meal in front of you within the hour. I am really surprised this place does any business at all. What a terrible disappointment. Go elsewhere.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Tim C

Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
“Great food and friendly athmosphere”
Reviewed 29 October 2012

My husband and I moved from NY city to Bloomsburg seven years ago. As most people know NY city is the Mecca of ethnic food choices. Being exposed to such diversities, Indian and Bangladeshi food being some of them, gave us enough experience to consider ourselves conoissours of ethnic foods. We savoured Sakuntala's succulent meals for the first time in 2005 and thru-out all these years. Their ingredients are fresh and the fact that their vegetables are locally grown is a plus, not only because they guarantee freshness, but also because they support other businesses in town who grow these veggies. My husband and I travel constantly from Bloomsburg to NY and are able to compare the quality of the food served in both places. Sakuntala has nothing to envy other Indian or Bangladeshi restaurants anywhere else, not even in such a metropolitan area as NY city. Sakuntala not only serves delicious meals, but also provides a very friendly atmosphere at the restaurant. The owners are gracious, hard working people who ALWAYS made us feel at home and have been generous to us on many occasions by sharing various appetisers and desserts that we didn't even order. This is nothing more than a demonstration of their kindness and generosity. Anyone who could ever bad-mouth Sakuntala and it's reputation is nothing more than an ill intentioned individual who does not deserve any credibility. My husband and I are living proof of admiration for Sakuntala. To this day we remain loyal customers of this establishment and the people who run it and plan to continue to enjoy their delicious cooking.

2 Thank Rocio G
“Food lover”
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Simply the best place to try south Asian food in a beautiful and soothing environment.........their greetings to the customer is very nice and pleasant as their food.......

7 Thank 123456789009876
Lambertville, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Indian cuisine and wonderful service”
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I was so concerned about getting authentic Indian foods in Bloomsburg when I moved down there. Sakuntala exceeded my expectation in search of authentic Indian cuisine. During the period of three years I lived in Berwick, I went to this restaurant many times. Now whenever I pass by I definitely take time to dine-in there. From my experience what I can tell you is the truth, you can not find a better restaurant around. The tasty Indian dishes with friendly-homely service make them one-of-kind Indian restaurant in that area. The artistic interior gives it an unique inside look. There is absolutely no doubt that you will get chance to enjoy authentic taste of India. They also offer kind of mild, still real Indian, recipe so if you are American and afraid of hot Indian foods, you can get mild Indian dished prepared to order. The most important thing the service they provide.They are the people ready to serve you out there with warm welcome and friendly presence. I could write much about them but I want you to go over there and experience yourself. I bet it would be a wonderful experience.

1 Thank nk_41927
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great place !!!!”
Reviewed 11 October 2012

My friends and I are from Comilla so we KNOW good Bengali/Indian food. I saw a review about the goat and it is TRUE. Awesome!!! I don't know if they always have it though but if not ANYTHING on the menu is great. I cannot believe i found a little bit of back home here in PA.
Definitely will be a regular, as will my 4 friends I went with. The staff is great too.

5 Thank Joe B