“Just as I remembered”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Bloomsburg
Nebraska
“Just as I remembered”
Reviewed 14 September 2011

My elderly mom and I stayed here for a few days back in June. We had stayed here 15 years ago, and I'm glad I remembered it! Room was clean, staff was friendly and accommodating. Our stay would have been perfect if they had handicapped rooms. I knew they didn't when I was searching for a place to stay, but Mom wanted to stay there anyway. Mom managed, and I was happy for a clean, safe, and friendly place. Loved the Morris Family Restaurant next door. I'd go back.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 August 2011

My sons go to Bloomsburg College which is very close to this inn. My husband, younger son and I found ourselves too tired to take the 2 1/2 hr drive home at midnight so we decided to stay the night in Bloomsburg. Unfortunately we could not find a hotel with any vancant rooms! When we stopped in the Hampton Inn and they were booked solid the girl there was kind enough to do a search and find us an available place to stay. She even called ahead for us and we reserved the room. The guy behind the desk was not the friendliest host but it was very late and I was just happy to have a room. It was much cheaper than I expected and the room was very clean. We were very happy with our stay and will no doubt stay there again on one of our travels to visit our sons! I would also like to give a thumbs up to the lady at the Hampton Inn, she was very helpful with calling around and gave us perfect directions!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Pattya319
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We stay here whenever we are in town. We have a choice of hotels and we stand by the Patriot Inn for a variety of reasons. The rooms are clean, and comfortable. And for that price, it can't be beat. The staff is always nice. Connected to the hotel is a bar and restaurant and it's a family type restaurant. The bar is nice to grab a quick drink and if needed you can get beer from the desk. While the PA laws on selling alcohol are a bit ridiculous, the Patriot Inn found a way around that. This is one of those hotels where if someone were visiting or even stopping from Route 80, I'd say pass the Hamption inn and go to the LIme Ridge exit and stay at the Patriot Inn. Best deal, clean linens, and a good night's rest.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank fabover40
Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I have to start off by saying that this place was 100 times better than the "Ramada Limited" in Tannersville! We stayed at the Ramada for 2 nights and the B.H-Patriot Inn for one. We had no complaints about this hotel (aside from the sink being outside of the bathroom - as that was strange). The place was clean, cozy, easily accessible, and the staff is super friendly! I would recommend it to EVERYONE staying in the area or if you don't mind driving a bit, stay here and drive to your destination. In our case that would have been the Pocono Raceway, which really isn't too far of a drive since it is right down the road on I-80. I give this place 5 out of 5 stars!! * * * * *

Room Tip: We got a room on a Sunday night with 2 double beds and it totaled around $84. WELL worth it!!!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank meyo85
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Hi everyone, we stayed at the Motel while attending the BMW Motorcycle Rally in July. The rooms were adaquate, certainly no frills but clean and nice. There was no hair dryer. There is a restaurant and bar right with the motel but to our amazement and shock they both closed around 8:00 even on Friday and Saturday. So that didn't make us happy because you have to then drive for food and drink. All the rooms were filled so you would perhaps keep things open longer. But.......the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank janl0u52
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 July 2011

A colleague and I shared a room here from late March through the last week in April. Along with us, there were other extended-stay working folks here as well, so this place definitely accommodates the business crowd. Even before I set foot into this place, I felt my stay would be nothing but good, and I wasn't disappointed. When I made the reservation, the person I talked to not only was attentive, she informed me that the state tax would be refunded if the stay was longer than 30 days (and from a review of another location, you will know that was important to me to know).

About the only bad things you could say about this place is that the rooms are a little dated, the refrigerator was a small (about a 3 cu. ft. dorm-sized fridge), there's no microwave in the rooms (but two are located in the main hallway) and the bathroom is a little crowded. If you can get past those things or are like me and aren't into the "frills and glitz" hotels, you'll realize why they're highly rated through tripadvisor (and they're proud of it, too, as they have a tripadvisor sticker on their front door!).

The front desk staff was EXCELLENT - very friendly and very accommodating! They offer a laundry service (for a reasonable fee) and even fold your clothes for you! Parking is plentiful. They also partner with a nearby gym and offer a monthly membership if you're interested. WiFi was excellent, both from a speed and reliability standpoint as signal strength rarely dipped below excellent, even if you were sitting by the window. The room we had was HUGE with two Queen-sized beds and a brand new 32" LCD TV which my roommate hooked up his Playstation 3 to. :-)

My roommate and I worked opposing shifts, but that wasn't an issue for housekeeping. They came in between our shifts and cleaned the room. Even if you didn't want or need service, getting towels was painless.

Finding places to eat isn't hard, either. First off, they have a restaurant connected to the place. If you're not in the mood for the restaurant, drive right down Route 11 towards Bloomsburg and you'll find everything from Arby's, Taco Bell, and Wendy's to Bennigans, Applebees, and other sit down places. Get on I-80 and head west and you'll find Denny's on the hill at the next exit and Ruby Tuesdays and Cracker Barrel at the second exit. Also at the second exit, you'll find Wal-Mart, too.

For my money, this is a great place to stay and if/when I'm back in that area on business again, you can bet this is the place I'll be at again. I highly recommend this place to anyone, even people who are just passing through for a one-night stay!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
New Jersey
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Stayed one night on our trip from New Jersey. Great affordable room rate, clean room with 2 queen beds. The room included a small refrigerator/ freezer which came in real handy. The front desk staff was super friendly! Will be staying here again on our next trip to knoebels.

• Stayed June 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomsburg
Comfort Suites Bloomsburg
Red Roof Inn Danville
#4 of 6 in Danville
Holiday Inn Express Bloomsburg
Best Western Danville Inn

Been to Budget Host Patriot Inn? Share your experiences!