“Was ok”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Bloomsburg
Milton, Pennsylvania
“Was ok”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Granted the rooms are clean . it would have been nice if the rooms were a bit larger . maybe we are just getting spoiled after staying at the poconos in the past . We pay an average of 50 dolllars a nite at our favorite places there . I was just suprised to find this motel to be a bit higher than the others that we stay at. I wont say its a bad place its just would not be our favorite .

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Harry E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Mountainhome, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 January 2013

When you travel a lot for business, you are not impressed with big hotels and big prices unless your employer is paying the bill. What you ARE impressed with is friendly staff, a sparkling clean room with plenty of work space, lights, and a comfortable easy chair. This place goes above and beyond. For NOT a lot of money, I have an immaculate king bed room, HUGE desk, wifi that works, lights galore and comfort. The bathroom squeaks, it's so clean. Everything looks brand new. So, that's the room. Now the staff.

Jen greeted me at the front desk. To say her smile lights up the whole lobby is an understatement. There isn't anything you can ask for that she won't do. I asked about coffee for the morning. Do you want some now? She asked....she said she'd make it right away. Wasn't necessary, but what a delightful sweet young woman who GETS IT when you talk SERVICE. She is so sweet, so happy, that you are GLAD you chose to stay here. I mentioned that some places pay their staff if a good review is posted here. She said "Why should people get paid to be nice? Isn't that a shame? Shouldn't they ALWAYS be nice?" Exactly. I hope Jen gets a huge raise. She is a gold star employee. If the owner or manager is reading this, don't let her slip through your fingers. You won't find too many like her.

I won't kid you. The location is definitely not a vacation destination. But if you have to be in this area for business, skip the hotel one exit east of here because it will cost you twice as much for your stay. Stay here, save your money and enjoy a clean, comfortable room, no surprises and a wonderful customer service experience. I can't wait to have breakfast in the morning at the restaurant attached to the motel. They promise a $2.99 breakfast. I'll bet it's GREAT.

Room Tip: If you don't need two beds, ask for a king. The room is the same size, but you get a very comfo...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Arlington, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We specifically wanted a hotel near our family in Bloomsburg, with two adjoining rooms so that our baby and four year old would not wake each other up. The hotel was clean, the staff very friendly, and when I approached the desk with a wriggling toddler to ask for an extension of stay, they simply said "Sure!". Hotel was very quiet, and even when the baby woke up at 5am, I could just take her down the hall in her PJs and get myself coffee. More "accurate" or "controllable" thermostats would have been nice, but were appropriate for the value. We'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank cxd180
Clear Lake, MN
Reviewed 9 October 2012

It was a relief to stay here after we had a bad stay somewhere else. I felt welcomed the minute I opened the front door. The front desk people were helpful and kind. The rooms were clean, spacious and quiet! I didn't hear the cleaning crew in the morning like you do at so many hotels. it would have been nice to have a coffee maker in the room but they had a table set up with fresh coffee in the lobby and a microwave that I used at night. i would defiantly recommend this, for value, location and quality.

Room Tip: They were all nice
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 September 2012

We stayed at the Patriot Inn during last year's flood. The rooms are decent sized, nicely furnished with the basics, and clean. The bed was very comfortable. Coffee and water are free in the lobby and the parking lot is huge. There is a (somewhat slow) computer with internet connection in the lobby. The Morris Family restaurant is right next door. The best part of the Patriot Inn is the staff - very friendly and accomodating. Prices are modest. Overall, an excellent value

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Called last minute to get a room since the cabin we were going to stay in fell through. Labor Day weekend, and the front desk lady (Barb) was happy to give us a room exactly as we wanted. Stayed with my husband and our two kids. Very clean in the lobby, with coffee and a microwave in the hallway for all guests to use, as well as ice and vending machines. Clean halls, and when we got to the room, we were pleasantly surprised at the space! Plenty of room, well lit, super comfy bed and a nice size flat screen tv. They even have wifi, that worked very well with my Android. Considering we payed less than $80 for the night, I feel we got more than we payed for, definitely more than I expected. We will DEFINITELY be happy to stay here again if ever we are looking for a place to stay in/ near Bloomsburg; it will be our first choice!!

• Stayed August 2012
Kingscote, Australia
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I chose to stay at this Hotel because it was perfectly located for me - I wanted to be close to the Kydex factory where a friend works to make it easy for them to stop by after work. Since it was listed as budget accommodation, everything fitted quite well.

Once I checked in I discovered that what I thought would be a inexpensive and convenient was actually the best decision I could have made! The room was clean and well serviced, with extras in the lobby area like 24 hour tea and coffee, microwave for guest use, an excellent laundry service where they laundered clothing and returned it to my room (actually within a few hours because I wanted to wear my jeans for hiking later in the day!) and more.

All of the staff were really friendly and helpful, going out of their way to make sure I had everything I needed. The free Wifi was a godsend when my hotspot decided not to work, and they also offered the option to ask for fresh linen each day or not according to what you prefer.

I loved it so much after staying the first 5 days that I came back on my return from a week in Ohio and stayed another 8 days before returning to Australia!

The Morris Family Restaurant, Gas station and convenience store on site were also great for me.

So glad I chose the Patriot Inn & I'll be back!

Room Tip: Choose smoking or non-smoking - Non smoking room was closer to lobby.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ShahMenz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomsburg
Comfort Suites Bloomsburg
Red Roof Inn Danville
#4 of 6 in Danville
Holiday Inn Express Bloomsburg
Best Western Danville Inn

Been to Budget Host Patriot Inn? Share your experiences!