“Good night's sleep”

Budget Host Patriot Inn
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Bloomsburg
Reviewed 21 September 2013

In recent years, we stayed at "Mom's" when in this area, but that is no longer an option. While in town for a class reunion, we needed a place to stay. I checked into other hotels in Mifflinville, but this one was so much quieter than those by Love's Truck stop. Even though it is right on US 11, our room was in the back of the hotel and it was clean, comfortable king size bed, staff was very courteous, and I never heard any vehicles. Someone checked in next door to us late evening, but they settled in and then I did not hear anyone else. The lobby area when we first walked in smelled a bit smoky, but the room did not. I will plan to stay here again when the need arises.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel (300's) are much quieter than the front as well as being non...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Budget Host Patriot Inn

Reviewed 30 August 2013

We stayed here on a Friday night before heading to apartments near Bloomsburg U the following day to get my daughter moved in. What a pleasant surprise! For $83 + tax (resvered on Orbitz) we had a large, immaculate room with a king bed, refrigerator and wifi. The bed was very comfortable...slept like a baby. In my experience this place is better than many other "budget" hotels. No coffeemaker in the room but there was free coffee set out by the lobby in the morning. Also, had to request a hair dryer so if you need one ask at check-in. No complimentary toiletries either. As mentioned elsewhere, the lobby and walkway to the restaurant have a very unpleasant odor...maybe a mix of stale cigarette smoke and mildew. I suspect the night desk people smoke on duty. Management should put an end to that as it doesn't make a good initial impression, and if I had just walked off the street to inquire about rooms I wouldn't have stayed based on the odor.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Istrategist56
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My family and I stayed here over the Fathers' Day Weekend (June 14-16) for our family reunion. I hadn't stayed at a hotel in fifteen years, but believe me, it was worth the wait. For a budget hotel, this is excellent. The rooms were very clean. The staff was professional, and we had a speedy check-in and check-out.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for families.

Room Tip: Ask the staff to inspect the room first before you decide to take it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2013

The Inn was convenient to Knoebel's Amusement Park which was our destination. Friendly staff-not covered in tattoes. Rooms were clean, well air-conditioned, and kid friendly. The restaurant on the premises was clean and had good food and good prices for breakfast.

Room Tip: Plent of free parking on the grounds.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank supra14
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We stayed for one night in July '13, in two rooms - one smoking and one non-smoking. Arriving very late after a 12-hr drive, our main priority was that there was no fuss and that we were able to sleep comfortably and easily. Check-in was very rapid, and the rooms were a reasonable size, well equipped, and spotless. I slept very well; my mother was at the front of the building and said she heard some noise from the car park but it didn't prevent her sleeping.

As others have said, it's a budget motel so don't expect gold taps and chandeliers, but it has everything you need for a pleasant enough night's stay. Big / comfy bed, clean bathroom with hot water, desk, chairs, TV... Nothing luxurious but absolutely fine at this price. If I had to find something to criticise it would be that there's a slightly musty smell in the one main corridor, but not in the rooms.

Would certainly stay again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We had a very pleasant one night stay at this hotel. The staff was warm and professional. We were traveling with our two teens and requested a roll a way. Due the hotel not being sold out, the front desk made sure we were in a room that better fit a roll away, so we were comfortable. Everything is well kept, fresh, and clean. The hotel also sells chilled six packs of beer , nice in a state where beer is only sold by large cases on Sundays but where retail beer and wine are not otherwise available at the local store. We had a very nice experience and would highly recommend to anyone considering a stay in Bloomsburg.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SunflowerBoston
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I just want to say that when I rate a motel, it is against others in the same class. This isn't a 4 star motel, so just because I rate it excellent,please don't expect it to be a Hampton INN, or Fairfield experience. But do expect it to be clean, safe and comfortable. This is a reasonably priced, well run motel. While there is no breakfast, there is a restaurant attached to it, which has wonderful home style cooked meals. I would probably stay here again. It's great for motorcyclists. If I had to say one negative, it would be the pillows. I love having a choice between thick and thin, but I must say the thick one was very lumpy.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomsburg
Comfort Suites Bloomsburg
Holiday Inn Express Bloomsburg
The Inn at Turkey Hill
The Inn at Turkey Hill
#2 of 8 in Bloomsburg

Been to Budget Host Patriot Inn? Share your experiences!