“My home away from home.”

Budget Host Patriot Inn
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Bloomsburg
Reviewed 10 November 2009

I've been staying here off and on with my job for six years. I have my favorite room, the clerks do my laundry, the price is right, the restaurant has the right price too. VERY CLEAN and easy to find from the interstate.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank workerman
There are newer reviews for Budget Host Patriot Inn

Reviewed 14 October 2009

Six of us were vacationing through Pennsylvania on motorcycles and happened upon this Budget Host. It was great. Talk about motorcycle friendly! The bartender’s custom cycle caught our eyes in the lot and that set the tone for the rest of the night. He treated everyone like gold and we had the best time. The hotel manager even called the nearby Bill’s Bike Barn and arranged a private tour for us. It was the highlight of our whole vacation and we will definitely come back here. The service couldn’t be beat.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2009

I took my young son to Bloomsburg to be near Knoebles Amusement Park. I chose the Budget because all we needed was a place to sleep; we didn't plan on spending much time in our room. Also, the hotel is a short drive south from the interstate. The hotel is about a 15 minute drive to Knoebles. (Since my son forgot a swim suit, it was helpful that the hotel was also about a five minute drive from a K Mart.) We stayed two nights.

The hotel is plain on the outside and inside, but it was clean, convenient, and comfortable. Our large room had a king size bed and queen size sofa bed. I wouldn't call the bed plush, but it was good. The bathroom was clean and free from mold and mildew that you sometimes find in budget places. The shower and bath stall was a plastic modular unit; but again, it was clean and the water pressure was good, so it was fine. The room had a small refrigerator, which we used to store some food we brought with us. The lighting was good for my son and I to pore over maps and guides.

The hotel does not offer much to eat in the morning, but that's o.k. because in the same parking lot as the hotel is a family restaurant where my son and I each had a good, very full breakfast for under $10 total.

The front desk staff were helpful with directions and advice about local attractions. (There are some remarkable covered bridges a short drive away.) They were kind about letting my son use the computer in the lobby to play an online game.

The hotel is located along an industrial service road, but we didn't hear any road noise in our room. The hotel seems to be configured in an "H" shape, with one side of the H closer to the road. We stayed in a room on the far side of the H from the road, which may have helped shield us from noise, but I don't think road noise at night was an issue in any event.

The first time we turned on the television, all we got was static. I called the front desk, and the woman said that sometimes it helps to unplug the set and plug it in again. It worked, and my son and I enjoyed watching a few innings of a Phillies game. Sure, it was an odd quirk, but hardly an inconvenience.

Cell phone coverage was a little spotty, and I had to stand in the parking lot to find a sweet spot. I think that's because the hotel is in a valley between two ridges of hills.

Also, the hotel is across from a Del Monte pet food plant. If the desk clerk hadn't told me that, I probably wouldn't have noticed the mild scent wafting my way the second morning there. Again, nothing remarkable that affected my overall impression.

If you want fancy or plush, pay more money and stay elsewhere. But for a budget stay, this hotel was all I wanted: clean, convenient, and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2009

We stayed here over Memorial Day weekend for a family reunion. The hotel is very convenient to Bloomsburg and Rt. 80 and is reasonably priced. We found the rooms to be decorated nicely, good size, very clean and comfortable. Although there is no pool or fitness center, there are nice extras -- the little refrigerator in the room, computer in the lounge with free internet and free (good!) coffee in the lobby every morning. Also a family-style restaurant attached to the hotel that is open all day for breakfast. The Patriot Inn fit our family's needs and budget perfectly.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank ScooterBoots
Reviewed 10 June 2009

If you are looking just for a place to sleep, this is it. The price was $76.00 a night and it was ok. Hope you have somewhere to go. This place closes early the bar and the Restaurant. No place to gather with other travlers at night. We will not stay there again it is right on RT11. It is in a depressed area.

Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2006

We stayed at the budget host for one night wnile going to knoebles. It is about 30 minutes to the amusement park but so are most of the hotels in that area. The room cost $65 dollars a night which was the AAA rate and that included a pack in play and breakfast. The breakfast included danish, bagels, english muffins, fruit, orange juice and coffee. There is a restaurant on site that is connected to the hotel called blackbeard's cove. The seafood there was excellent, the service was good and it had a great atmosphere. The room was clean and had been updated.

• Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank Jason7785
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomsburg
Comfort Suites Bloomsburg
Holiday Inn Express Bloomsburg
The Inn at Turkey Hill
The Inn at Turkey Hill
#2 of 8 in Bloomsburg

Been to Budget Host Patriot Inn? Share your experiences!