Holiday Inn Express Bloomsburg
Econo Lodge(Bloomsburg)
Excellent 5/5
Pine Barn Inn(Danville)
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsstayed herefront deskfree breakfastcinnamon rollsfriends weddingindoor poollarge gapmicrowave and coffee makerstay there againlobby and breakfast arearoom was cleanfirst floorsnow stormsenior discountthe general managerroad tripbusiness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel every year for the past six summers during our annual trip to Knoebel's, which is about 15 minutes away. This hotel is very clean, very comfortable and a very reliable establishment. Basically the facility is exactly what you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express: a small workout room, indoor pool and a "business center" (computer, printer & fax machine) are all available for guests. A pretty decent breakfast buffet is also provided with your stay and includes eggs, pancakes, oatmeal, yogurts, bagels, bacon, sausage, and of course juice, milk & coffee. there is an employee assigned to the buffet area is constantly keeps things refilled and clean while ensuring everything is up to the guests' expectations.
There are really no surprises here, it's a fairly nondescript HIE, which is not a bad thing. Where this property does stand out is with its staff. I have found in my experience that everyone who works here from the Manager to the cleaning staff and everyone in between is friendly and professional and truly goes out of their way to make sure the guests are happy. The one main complaint that I've seen about this hotel is that some reviewers feel they should get more for the price. I agree that the pricing is a bit higher than many Holiday Inn Expresses I've seen, but sadly that comes down to supply and demand. Other than one other hotel down the road, there are precious few choices if you want to stay at a property that isn't a very basic motel. When there aren't many choices, sometimes you have to pay a bit of premium to get what you want. If I felt I wasn't getting value for what I paid, I wouldn't come back year after year after year. The fact that this place has been sold out nearly every time I have been there (which is always mid-week and over the summer when Bloomsburg University is not in session) tells me that I'm not the only one that feels this way.

2  Thank bassjwp
MattHickey, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bloomsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2014

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I value your loyalty and believe this review hits every point perfectly. The Bloomsburg area does have many things during these busy summer months including great outdoor recreation. Such activities include Ricketts Glenn, a state park featuring 21 waterfalls, river recreation which is great for fishing, boating, and kayaking, as well as Knoebels Amusement park and several trails.

During the summer months when Bloomsburg University is not in session, Knoebels Amusesment park becomes the areas greatest draw. The park along with weddings, vacations, and our convenient I-80 location fills us most of the summer. The price is impacted by events, demand, and local competition. I agree that it is always worth paying a little more to receive great and consistent service. The breakfast at the Holiday Inn Express is the cherry on top.

Thanks again for the great review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Stayed with family for 2 nights while visiting Knoebels and enjoyed the hotel. Check in was easy, Jon at the desk was friendly and helpful. The adjoining rooms were spotless and spacious. The beds and pillows were comfortable and the shower was great. Breakfast was delicious with a wide variety and also some hot items like eggs and bacon. The pool area was nice and clean and the water very relaxing. The location is perfect for traveling with kids, there are several restaurants and fast food places right in the immediate area. The general manager, Matt seemed like he was always around. He was friendly and the rest of the staff followed his lead. We all felt very welcomed here. We will being staying again.

Room Tip: although the hotel was crowded. it was quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
MattHickey, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bloomsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay.
The shower heads always receive great compliments and the breakfast has improved greatly
over the past few years. I agree that the area, the hotel, and the local amusement park is perfect
for families and kids. Our staff loves to share your family vacations and it's as much fun for us
as it is for you. Thank you for staying with us at Holiday Inn Express in Bloomsburg, Pa and I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Once again the Holiday Inn Express in Bloomsburg Pennsylvania did not disappoint. This is our third year spending three nights in August at this property while our children camp out at the nearby Knobel's Amusement Park and camp grounds. The staff and management are absolutley amazing and wonderful They cannot do enought for their guests. We arrived back at the Holiday Inn Express late one night and the 24 hour coffe pot was empty. The front desk clerk immediately brewed up another pot of both decalf and regular ciffee as well as offering to get us a quick snack. The rooms and suites are large and well appointed with ammenities not always found in non full service hotels. The complimentary breakfast served from 630 am unti 10 am is constantly refreshed and the choices are may and varied. There is something for everyone, There is a large enough dining area so that you do not feel crowded in and rushed out. All in all a wonderful experience and we will again "camp" out their next August. Our compliments to Matt, a wonderful manager and his front office staff, as well as the housekeeping staff, for a job well done.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
MattHickey, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bloomsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review. I am delighted to hear that we are meeting your expectations each year. It is such a rewarding business to see families return each year and watch kids and grandkids grow. Thank you so much for your comments and I will be sure to share your review with the hotel staff.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed in between two back to back 9 hour driving days. They were hospitable and very helpful. The rooms were exceptionally clean and well stocked for our family of 5 in two rooms. After a quick call while on the road, they worked to get us adjoining rooms which was great. The rooms were down free and didn't have that horrible room deodorizer that other hotels have used. In the morning, the breakfast was very busy, but the friendly staff member took time out to provide us with ingredients listing for the entire buffet and walked us through the items, even though she was swamped. Checkin and check out were very fast.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am glad to hear that we were able to accomodate the adjoining rooms. We appreciate your wonderful review and look forward to your next visit to Bloomsburg, Pa..

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Bloomsburg.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for two nights while visiting Knoebels and the surrounding area. Hotel was fine -- nothing special but perfectly adequate for our needs.

Room was clean but aging rapidly. No exhaust fan in the bathroom so it's not surprising that the wallpaper was peeling. We had weird bumps under our carpet, rather disturbing. A/C was cranky. Beds, however, were very comfortable & we all got a decent night sleep once the A/C was (mostly) sorted out.

Hot tub water was a disgusting tan color (yuck!) and pool was a murky blue. The pool's chlorine smell also permeated the hotel. It was weird to be on the 2nd floor and still smell pool.

Front desk employees were very nice & welcoming. Our floor's maid was exceptionally friendly when we ran into her one morning. She cheerfully gave us some extra towels and we had a nice chat. Nice change from the usual hotel maid!

Breakfast was the standard HI fare. Cinnamon rolls, biscuits & eggs, pancakes, cereal, toast, muffins, bananas, yogurt, milk, juice, and coffee. Decent enough to keep us going for a couple hours.

Drive to Knoebels was mostly on back roads and took about 15-20 minutes depending on traffic.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
MattHickey, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bloomsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Good afternoon and thank you for providing a review of your most recent stay. I want to first thank you for selecting our hotel for your trip to Knoebels. Our goal as a hotel is to strive for five. I apologize that we were unable to provide you a stay less than that rating. The exhaust system located in the bathrooms is a steady ventilation controlled by an attic motor. Certainly different from other hotels or residential bathrooms that use the individual fan by switch but still adequately designed for the building.
I appreciate your feedback on the pool area. As most indoor pool units, the hotel uses bromine. During the Knoebels season we see many families and children using the pool area. The pool is certainly a big part of the hotel stay. The pool and spa is tested twice per day and the state of Pennsylvania requires bacteria testing once per week in public pools and spas. The spa was beginning to discolor giving the tan appearance. We have since found a chemical that removes the discoloration from the concrete and plaster finish and that area is again white and clear.
I'm happy to hear that the breakfast was to your liking. The Holiday Inn Express breakfast as a brand has come along way in the last few years with the addition of pancakes, meats, fruit, and healthy options.
I appreciate you taking a moment to share your thoughts. Please be assured that we read all of these and take immediate action if neccessary. Our goal is to exceed your expecation each visit. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit to Bloomsburg,Pa..