“this isn't California”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Bloomsburg
San Diego, California
“this isn't California”
Reviewed 24 May 2012

My wife was in town for business and i tagged along as i had never been to this part of the co untry before. i am currently in a room facing the courtyard. The staff is friendly, helpful, and represents their area and Pennsylvania very well. i have partaken of the on-site fine dining, free breakfast, and brewhouse options. First, breakfast..if you are here for a day, you may think your options are limited. there is everything from cold breakfast, pastries, hot entrees, meats. You'll not get the full effect unless you stay for multiple days, i have been here for nigh upon a week and have not had the same breakfast twice. Every day something new freshest ingredients, , imagination and style. Outstanding. Second, Brew pub.had a burger, wife had a flatiron steak. We both sampled the brews. Service was excellent and food was very good, going back tonight. Outstanding. Last, fine dining..My wife and I both had filet mignon with asparagus and potatoes. Cooked to perfection and very fresh. During our meal, we were treated to roasted and chilled butternut squash and a palate cleansing lemon sorbet before our main course. Our desserts were obviously freshly made and very high quality. I forget our servers name, either Alexis or Allison, for that I am sorry. I have never had better service in my life. She was a mind reader. My wife and I were enjoying a cab and conversing during our meal, as if on cue, any time there was a lull in conversation, there she was...always perfect timing. Outstanding. For perspective, I own timeshares in Cancun and Palm springs. I have eaten yakisoba in Japan and Paella in Spain. Mamas fish house in Maui to soft shelled crab at Lorenzanas in Cancun. I am cancelling my fall vacation to Palm Springs to come back here for the state fair. I often walk about a property that is new to me with a 'Sublime' t-shirt on to see how presumptious\rude folks will take the liberty to be with me< no problem here. They were so courteous and nice, one would think I just ascended the iron throne. Special thanks to my maid Ashley, always giving suggestions on local knowledge...

Room Tip: totally depends on what you are looking for. Didnt see a bad room>
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank DavidMelcher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
York, PA
Reviewed 16 May 2012

We were in town for my daughter's graduation from Bloomsburg, there were 8 in our group, we arrived early and the staff went above and beyond to make sure our rooms were ready when we arrived early. We had the courtyard room with 2 double beds in each room. We had a pet with us and it was a nice surprise to have a doggie goodie bag in our room. Very nice and clean!... I have stayed here before and always enjoy coming back... the staff is always warm and friendly. very relaxing!! The included breakfast is always a pleasant surprise the fresh fruit and baked goods are worth the trip alone.

Room Tip: We always stay in the Courtyard rooms pets are allowed there and the view is very nice overlooking t...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank SandyBYork_PA
Alabama
Reviewed 16 May 2012

If you ever get to central PA, this is the place to stop! Right off of US-80, this B&B has it all... lovely accommodations, tasty breakfast, gourmet restaurant, and Pub with micro-brewery on site. I've stayed here for 3-4 days each May for the last 3 years, and if I could, I would be here more often! Beds are comfortable, the entire facility is immaculate, the staff is friendly, and the price is reasonable. Fridge, microwave, and free wireless internet just make things better. The grounds are a special treat, too, with pond, gazebo, lovely flowers, a couple of 'quackers' and a resident cat. There is not a fitness center on site, but the Inn has an agreement with one in town that you can use.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Almonte, Canada
Reviewed 19 April 2012

My wife and I stayed for one night in April. We were very please with the Inn and the room (Stable room A). The room was large, had two very comfortable chairs, a big TV and a gas fireplace (which we didn't use but was a nice touch). The whirlpool tub in the bathroom was huge. Big enough for the two of us and we are not small people. The best thing about the Inn was the on-site brew pub. Fantastic beer and food with a great atmosphere. Tip: the pub gets really busy with locals on the weekends so call ahead to make a reservation. Mention that you are staying at the Inn.

Room Tip: Stable room A
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank George S
Canuk
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I'm not sure how many times we've stayed here but it seems to just be better every time.
With the addition of the Pub which we found to be wonderful and the breakfast buffet, the latter included with the room cost, the Inn is truly a gem...warm/friendly staff, great location, quiet, clean, terrific decor, wireless internet that works well...all for a price that more than competes with any of the chain hotels in the area.
Can't wait to return in the fall on our way to the South.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ja81th
Canadensis, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 April 2012

When I travel, I like to experience the beauty of the area, and what better way than seeking out charming inns. For just a few $$$'s more I stayed in the charming Inn at Turkey Hill, rather than a generic Comfort Suites. The location was central, and easy to get to from the interstate. The entrance was well-landscaped and very welcoming with a fire in the fireplace. Like walking into a friends lovely home, we were greeted, and quickly checked in. We were informed of breakfast time, which was included. We stayed in one of the stable rooms, the room was enormous, well-appointed, and the bathtub/bathroom fantastic! Although we missed dining in their fine-dining restaurant, which looked lovely, and great menu, we enjoyed a later dinner in the barn next door! Pub-type food was perfect, and the service delightful. Breakfast the next morning was delicious, and plentiful, and sitting in the sun-porch with view of the small pond, complete with ducks made for an overall wonderful stay. The staff was helpful and very friendly... You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Lakeland, FL
Reviewed 28 March 2012

If you are staying anywhere near the Inn at Turkey Hill you need to make your way there. The service is second to none, the rooms are like you are staying at someones home. The people are so friendly you will think they are fake but they are not, it's just their way of doing things. Excellent.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomsburg
Hampton Inn Bloomsburg
#1 of 6 in Danville
Budget Host Patriot Inn
Budget Host Patriot Inn
#6 of 8 in Bloomsburg

Been to The Inn at Turkey Hill? Share your experiences!