“A little gem for family and dog near Ricketts Glenn State Park”

The Inn at Turkey Hill
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Bloomsburg
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
“A little gem for family and dog near Ricketts Glenn State Park”
Reviewed 31 May 2012

My 11 year old son and I were looking for a short adventure during spring break this April and decided to go hiking in Ricketts Glenn State Park in Northern Pennsylvania. My wife could not come because of work, so we looked for a place that we could both stay at that was reasonable and that would also allow our dog Loki, to stay with us. I don't think we could have found a nicer place. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, the room was clean and spacious and the property was well maintained.

The Inn is about 40 minutes from the park, but it's an easy drive. By the way, my son loved the breakfast's in the mornings as there were ample choices and he definitely helped himself. He was also able to borrow a movie from their lending library. We also ate one evening at the Turkey Hill Brewing Company Pub and Grille which adjoins the property and the food was great and so was the brew. I can't praise this place highly enough and we will definitely be back in the future for more adventures and will bring mom with us next time! I'm just sorry it took me so long to get to writing the review!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank findchet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I'm in the Bloomsburg area very spring and summer at least twice. I always stay here and the Inn never disappoints. The place is extremely clean. The rooms are large. The grounds are pleasant, secluded, and relaxing. The bed is extremely comfortable. Many rooms have a jacuzzi. It's definitely large enough for two. The decor is a kind of rustic country chic but not spartan. I've always stayed in the stable rooms which also have a fireplace. i imagine this is fun in the winter. I haven't gone to the brewery that's on the premises but I've heard good things about it. Most importantly, it doesn't interfere with my enjoyment of the place as a guest. Included breakfast in the morning is always excellent. There is plenty of fruit, bread, pastries, cereal, coffee, and always a quiche and an egg dish. The dining room in the main building is very nice but nothing beats the glassed-in porch. At night, enjoy the restaurant, It is world-class, or just have a drink in the bar. This is a wonderful place. i recommend it highly.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Pablo4444
NC
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We recently stayed just one night in a stable room. The staff was very welcoming and the room (stable room b) was lovely! It had a charming horse theme...not over the top, but cute. The room was very spacious, extremely clean and well maintained. It had a nice desk, king bed with nice sheets, sitting area, fireplace, huge tub nd even live plants!

The other convenience is that there is a fine dining restaurant and more casual brewery restaurant (with live music) right on site. We ate at the brewery and the food was good. The breakfast, which was complimentary, was quite good as well with a great selection. They also have nice grounds, complete with ducks and a cat which appears to run the place.

We will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NcGhiagirl
San Diego, California
Reviewed 24 May 2012

My wife was in town for business and i tagged along as i had never been to this part of the co untry before. i am currently in a room facing the courtyard. The staff is friendly, helpful, and represents their area and Pennsylvania very well. i have partaken of the on-site fine dining, free breakfast, and brewhouse options. First, breakfast..if you are here for a day, you may think your options are limited. there is everything from cold breakfast, pastries, hot entrees, meats. You'll not get the full effect unless you stay for multiple days, i have been here for nigh upon a week and have not had the same breakfast twice. Every day something new freshest ingredients, , imagination and style. Outstanding. Second, Brew pub.had a burger, wife had a flatiron steak. We both sampled the brews. Service was excellent and food was very good, going back tonight. Outstanding. Last, fine dining..My wife and I both had filet mignon with asparagus and potatoes. Cooked to perfection and very fresh. During our meal, we were treated to roasted and chilled butternut squash and a palate cleansing lemon sorbet before our main course. Our desserts were obviously freshly made and very high quality. I forget our servers name, either Alexis or Allison, for that I am sorry. I have never had better service in my life. She was a mind reader. My wife and I were enjoying a cab and conversing during our meal, as if on cue, any time there was a lull in conversation, there she was...always perfect timing. Outstanding. For perspective, I own timeshares in Cancun and Palm springs. I have eaten yakisoba in Japan and Paella in Spain. Mamas fish house in Maui to soft shelled crab at Lorenzanas in Cancun. I am cancelling my fall vacation to Palm Springs to come back here for the state fair. I often walk about a property that is new to me with a 'Sublime' t-shirt on to see how presumptious\rude folks will take the liberty to be with me< no problem here. They were so courteous and nice, one would think I just ascended the iron throne. Special thanks to my maid Ashley, always giving suggestions on local knowledge...

Room Tip: totally depends on what you are looking for. Didnt see a bad room>
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank DavidMelcher
York, PA
Reviewed 16 May 2012

We were in town for my daughter's graduation from Bloomsburg, there were 8 in our group, we arrived early and the staff went above and beyond to make sure our rooms were ready when we arrived early. We had the courtyard room with 2 double beds in each room. We had a pet with us and it was a nice surprise to have a doggie goodie bag in our room. Very nice and clean!... I have stayed here before and always enjoy coming back... the staff is always warm and friendly. very relaxing!! The included breakfast is always a pleasant surprise the fresh fruit and baked goods are worth the trip alone.

Room Tip: We always stay in the Courtyard rooms pets are allowed there and the view is very nice overlooking t...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank SandyBYork_PA
Alabama
Reviewed 16 May 2012

If you ever get to central PA, this is the place to stop! Right off of US-80, this B&B has it all... lovely accommodations, tasty breakfast, gourmet restaurant, and Pub with micro-brewery on site. I've stayed here for 3-4 days each May for the last 3 years, and if I could, I would be here more often! Beds are comfortable, the entire facility is immaculate, the staff is friendly, and the price is reasonable. Fridge, microwave, and free wireless internet just make things better. The grounds are a special treat, too, with pond, gazebo, lovely flowers, a couple of 'quackers' and a resident cat. There is not a fitness center on site, but the Inn has an agreement with one in town that you can use.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Almonte, Canada
Reviewed 19 April 2012

My wife and I stayed for one night in April. We were very please with the Inn and the room (Stable room A). The room was large, had two very comfortable chairs, a big TV and a gas fireplace (which we didn't use but was a nice touch). The whirlpool tub in the bathroom was huge. Big enough for the two of us and we are not small people. The best thing about the Inn was the on-site brew pub. Fantastic beer and food with a great atmosphere. Tip: the pub gets really busy with locals on the weekends so call ahead to make a reservation. Mention that you are staying at the Inn.

Room Tip: Stable room A
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank George S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomsburg
Hampton Inn Bloomsburg
#1 of 6 in Danville
Budget Host Patriot Inn
Budget Host Patriot Inn
#6 of 8 in Bloomsburg

Been to The Inn at Turkey Hill? Share your experiences!