“great stay!”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Bloomsburg
Brooklyn, New York
“great stay!”
Reviewed 4 August 2012

My fiancee and I just returned from a three night stay here. Being from the city, we wanted a country escape that was close enough (but not too close). We chose Bloomsburg, because I came camping here as a kid each summer. Having never been to an Inn/ B&B before, we did not know what to expect, but figured we'd give it a try--and we are very happy we did!

The Inn is right off the exit from I-80, and we had no trouble finding it. The grounds are beautiful and well-kept with a pond and gazebo. Check-in was simple and fast, and everyone we met here, from the woman at check-in to the maid, to the ladies at breakfast each morning were extremely friendly and helpful, always willing to go the extra mile. We stayed at one of the newer stable rooms and were not dissapointed! The room was large, well-furnished and very very clean! The way it is decorated makes you feel like you are at home (with all of the ammenities of a hotel room). The bathroom is huge and very clean with a two person hot tub! The king-size bed is very comfortable, the TV is a large flat-screen and the DVD players look brand new. There is also a fireplace and small sitting area with two full-size chairs (a great place to chat, have tea or read). The maid came promptly each day and left nothing undone. The breakfast each morning was especially a treat, as they always had more than one hot egg entree to choose from, and they also had to-go cups for the coffee as well as granola bars and fruit that could be taken on the road! I do not think we saw the same breakfast entree the entire three nights we were there.

We also go to eat at the brewery/pub they have located on their property twice! It was nice toe at somewhere with delicious food and beer and a great atmosphere, that is not a chain (hence why we went there twice). The menu has a huge selection of food from burgers to fish to steaks and everything inbetween. The beer is delicious, and it is nice to know it is made right on property. If you stay at the inn, definitely give the brewery a try! Guests can call ahead and even skip the wait (which on a weeknight was 25 minutes!) Overall, this was a great stay. Looking forward to going back in the fall to enjoy some foliage and the Knoebels fall festival!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travell0ver23

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Saint Joseph, Michigan
Reviewed 17 July 2012

This is a great place to spend the night. Hard to find when you exit # 236 off of I 80 in PA. Signs are not well marked and you easily pass it. However, all the staff are pleasant and helpful. The restaurants are magnificent and the food is wonderful. The rooms are well appointed, except that the bathrooms leave a lot to be desired. We also had a couple of mosquitoes in the room. But, we would come back when we pass by again.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a view of the pond.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 June 2012

this place was quite a surprise for us. we didn't think our family of 5 would do well at an 'inn'. but they have rooms in another building that were extremely spacious, quiet and spotless. they morning breakfast was so fresh and delicious. the entire stay was relaxing, wish it could have been longer.

Room Tip: families request the rooms outside of main house..beautiful grounds and nice little koi pond.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank l w
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 May 2012

My 11 year old son and I were looking for a short adventure during spring break this April and decided to go hiking in Ricketts Glenn State Park in Northern Pennsylvania. My wife could not come because of work, so we looked for a place that we could both stay at that was reasonable and that would also allow our dog Loki, to stay with us. I don't think we could have found a nicer place. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, the room was clean and spacious and the property was well maintained.

The Inn is about 40 minutes from the park, but it's an easy drive. By the way, my son loved the breakfast's in the mornings as there were ample choices and he definitely helped himself. He was also able to borrow a movie from their lending library. We also ate one evening at the Turkey Hill Brewing Company Pub and Grille which adjoins the property and the food was great and so was the brew. I can't praise this place highly enough and we will definitely be back in the future for more adventures and will bring mom with us next time! I'm just sorry it took me so long to get to writing the review!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank findchet
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I'm in the Bloomsburg area very spring and summer at least twice. I always stay here and the Inn never disappoints. The place is extremely clean. The rooms are large. The grounds are pleasant, secluded, and relaxing. The bed is extremely comfortable. Many rooms have a jacuzzi. It's definitely large enough for two. The decor is a kind of rustic country chic but not spartan. I've always stayed in the stable rooms which also have a fireplace. i imagine this is fun in the winter. I haven't gone to the brewery that's on the premises but I've heard good things about it. Most importantly, it doesn't interfere with my enjoyment of the place as a guest. Included breakfast in the morning is always excellent. There is plenty of fruit, bread, pastries, cereal, coffee, and always a quiche and an egg dish. The dining room in the main building is very nice but nothing beats the glassed-in porch. At night, enjoy the restaurant, It is world-class, or just have a drink in the bar. This is a wonderful place. i recommend it highly.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Pablo4444
NC
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We recently stayed just one night in a stable room. The staff was very welcoming and the room (stable room b) was lovely! It had a charming horse theme...not over the top, but cute. The room was very spacious, extremely clean and well maintained. It had a nice desk, king bed with nice sheets, sitting area, fireplace, huge tub nd even live plants!

The other convenience is that there is a fine dining restaurant and more casual brewery restaurant (with live music) right on site. We ate at the brewery and the food was good. The breakfast, which was complimentary, was quite good as well with a great selection. They also have nice grounds, complete with ducks and a cat which appears to run the place.

We will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NcGhiagirl
San Diego, California
Reviewed 24 May 2012

My wife was in town for business and i tagged along as i had never been to this part of the co untry before. i am currently in a room facing the courtyard. The staff is friendly, helpful, and represents their area and Pennsylvania very well. i have partaken of the on-site fine dining, free breakfast, and brewhouse options. First, breakfast..if you are here for a day, you may think your options are limited. there is everything from cold breakfast, pastries, hot entrees, meats. You'll not get the full effect unless you stay for multiple days, i have been here for nigh upon a week and have not had the same breakfast twice. Every day something new freshest ingredients, , imagination and style. Outstanding. Second, Brew pub.had a burger, wife had a flatiron steak. We both sampled the brews. Service was excellent and food was very good, going back tonight. Outstanding. Last, fine dining..My wife and I both had filet mignon with asparagus and potatoes. Cooked to perfection and very fresh. During our meal, we were treated to roasted and chilled butternut squash and a palate cleansing lemon sorbet before our main course. Our desserts were obviously freshly made and very high quality. I forget our servers name, either Alexis or Allison, for that I am sorry. I have never had better service in my life. She was a mind reader. My wife and I were enjoying a cab and conversing during our meal, as if on cue, any time there was a lull in conversation, there she was...always perfect timing. Outstanding. For perspective, I own timeshares in Cancun and Palm springs. I have eaten yakisoba in Japan and Paella in Spain. Mamas fish house in Maui to soft shelled crab at Lorenzanas in Cancun. I am cancelling my fall vacation to Palm Springs to come back here for the state fair. I often walk about a property that is new to me with a 'Sublime' t-shirt on to see how presumptious\rude folks will take the liberty to be with me< no problem here. They were so courteous and nice, one would think I just ascended the iron throne. Special thanks to my maid Ashley, always giving suggestions on local knowledge...

Room Tip: totally depends on what you are looking for. Didnt see a bad room>
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank DavidMelcher
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomsburg
Hampton Inn Bloomsburg
#1 of 6 in Danville
Budget Host Patriot Inn
Budget Host Patriot Inn
#5 of 7 in Bloomsburg

Been to The Inn at Turkey Hill? Share your experiences!