My fiancee and I just returned from a three night stay here. Being from the city, we wanted a country escape that was close enough (but not too close). We chose Bloomsburg, because I came camping here as a kid each summer. Having never been to an Inn/ B&B before, we did not know what to expect, but figured we'd give it a try--and we are very happy we did!
The Inn is right off the exit from I-80, and we had no trouble finding it. The grounds are beautiful and well-kept with a pond and gazebo. Check-in was simple and fast, and everyone we met here, from the woman at check-in to the maid, to the ladies at breakfast each morning were extremely friendly and helpful, always willing to go the extra mile. We stayed at one of the newer stable rooms and were not dissapointed! The room was large, well-furnished and very very clean! The way it is decorated makes you feel like you are at home (with all of the ammenities of a hotel room). The bathroom is huge and very clean with a two person hot tub! The king-size bed is very comfortable, the TV is a large flat-screen and the DVD players look brand new. There is also a fireplace and small sitting area with two full-size chairs (a great place to chat, have tea or read). The maid came promptly each day and left nothing undone. The breakfast each morning was especially a treat, as they always had more than one hot egg entree to choose from, and they also had to-go cups for the coffee as well as granola bars and fruit that could be taken on the road! I do not think we saw the same breakfast entree the entire three nights we were there.
We also go to eat at the brewery/pub they have located on their property twice! It was nice toe at somewhere with delicious food and beer and a great atmosphere, that is not a chain (hence why we went there twice). The menu has a huge selection of food from burgers to fish to steaks and everything inbetween. The beer is delicious, and it is nice to know it is made right on property. If you stay at the inn, definitely give the brewery a try! Guests can call ahead and even skip the wait (which on a weeknight was 25 minutes!) Overall, this was a great stay. Looking forward to going back in the fall to enjoy some foliage and the Knoebels fall festival!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located off Interstate 80 in Blomsburg Pennsylvania, The Inn, Farmhouse and Brewing Co. at Turkey Hill offers the weary traveler a special lodging experience that includes two dining options on the premise as well a pour from our on-site micro brewery More than a B&B, our country inn gives all travelers, for business and pleasure alike, the opportunity to indulge in our tastefully appointed guestrooms, critically acclaimed restaurant with award winning wine list and always bustling brewpub. Our fine dining restaurant provides deluxe continental breakfasts, by Pastry Chef Jenn Yemola, for Inn guests daily, The Farmhouse (5:30) and Brew Pub (4:00) are open nightly to the public for dinner. Executive Chef, Matthew Revak, creates inspired dishes with only the freshest cuts, seafood & produce. The brewpub offers a casual alternative to the fine dining restaurant; Head Chef, Steve Tloczynski serves up unique pub fare with utilizing local grassfed beef and produce. Thirteen Beers on tap created on premise offer every beer drinker and option. All 23 guestrooms provide privacy in a tranquil setting, yet offer all the amenities and more one would expect from a large hotel. Located in the heart of Columbia County, the Inn is embraced by the rolling farmlands and hills of Northeastern Pennsylvania. The main house, the original 1839 brick farmhouse, reminiscent of an Old World European bed and breakfast, houses two newly renovated guest rooms. Sixteen additional guestrooms, some pet friendly, surround the courtyard complete with gazebo, duck pond and two resident ducks. Five "Stable Rooms" on the far end of the property are the newest addition with comfortable king-sized beds, gas fireplaces, and two-person whirlpools perfect for wedding nights, weekend getaways, or the discerning business traveler. Our goal is to ensure your stay at our Pennsylvania inn is always a great experience and that you make The Inn, Farmhouse and Brewing Co. At Turkey Hill a go-to destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Expedia and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Inn at Turkey Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Turkey Hill Hotel Bloomsburg
- Hotel At Turkey Hill
- At Turkey Hill Bloomsburg