“Work Stay”

The Inn at Turkey Hill
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Bloomsburg
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I have a per diem job up in the area and I commute and stay at local hotels while I am up there. I happened upon this hotel and absolutely loved it! The rooms are super cute and comfy...complete with a Keurig and water....fabulous decor and comfy beds! The breakfast was great and the cute little cafe setting that they have for your breakfast is adorable! They have a nice little pond out back with ducks and a beautiful setting. I chose to have dinner at the restaurant which was great! Then I chose a movie from their collection and spent the rest of the night in bed! I would deff return! Just book in advance as they are ALWAYS full and a room is hard to come by!!!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Stable rooms which were on the farther side....quiet and private. I cannot comment...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We returned to the Inn after about ten years. It had changed a bit, adding a brew pub. but the heart of the inn had remained the same -- spacious rooms, most of them facing into a garden and duck pond (with ducks). Dinner was as we remembered it -- imaginative and tasty. Service was superlative and if anything the wine list had improved over the years. Breakfast was just fine, and a great start to the day. We will not let another ten years pass before returning to this inn.

Room Tip: Try for one of the garden-facing rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank winst0n4
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We avoid chain restaurants whenever possible because we enjoy unique, local places. When it comes to hotels, though, we favor the chains. The occasional bad meal is tolerable but a bad night in sub-standard hotel can ruin your whole day. When it came to the choice between a chain and Inn at Turkey Hill, the inn's website encouraged me to go local with the lodgings and I am so glad.
They have done a remarkable job of retaining a genuine “inn feeling.” It started with the warmest welcome I can recall. Halfway through my drive to the inn, I realized I had forgotten my overnight kit (actually. .. I forgot my whole suitcase!). I called ahead to the hotel to ask if they had toiletries available. She assured me they did. When I arrived and mentioned my name, she recalled our conversation and gave me a complete kit of toiletries. Very nice.
There are lots of hotels/inns that try to fabricate a homey feel. This place is the real deal. The amenities and hospitality feel genuine. A unique touch was that they still have real keys instead of the pass cards.
In the room there were free bottles of water (who does that anymore?), real plants, comfortable beds and a bounty of pillows. I like a warm bathroom, and my room had the most awesome heater I have ever experienced. Mmmm, toasty.
But with the old timey charm, they provide some very good modern necessities. The WiFi was solid (and free) and my desk had the most complete power block and port arrangement I've seen.
And all of this is barely a half mile from the interstate.
On the way out, they handed me a free directory of the premier inns across America, which of course includes Turkey Hill. Their inclusion in the book is well deserved.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelTim88
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We have stayed here at the Inn for (4) years and have loved every stay!! This last stay was by far the best!! Undergrad Graduation for my daughter. We had (3) rooms for (2) nights and (1) Room for (1) night. The rooms are lovely - cozy, clean and the ground are really pretty! The Breakfast that is included in this "B & B" is so much more than the expected breakfast. Numerous choices of hot items and the staples - cereal, breads, muffins, bagels, etc. The Inn is beautiful and the Owners and entire Staff are the nicest! Very helpful and friendly!

Room Tip: The 'Stable' rooms are a bit more expensive but have more room and and a fireplace - definit...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Spent 2 nights in room 19. This was a busy place! Our room was in the main house. It was comfortable and clean. It had a B&B feel. There is one other room in the house (17). The other rooms are side by side and new, separate from the house. Our room was big, comfortable bed, frig, microwave, coffee maker and nice bathroom.

The breakfast on the weekend was crowded. Food ran out , but they worked hard to keep up. There was hot and cold food. Weekday had much more limited choices, but still very adequate.

This inn is right by 2 busy roads but they have a fence and trees bordering the property. I didn't hear any traffic noise at all.

I would recommend this inn. Very nice.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WOF8
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This was our third time at this inn, and we had another great stay. I almost didn't review it again--but some of our other regular places have gone downhill in recent years, so I wanted to recognize this place for being consistently good.

We stayed in a stable room previously, and we did again this time. We heard a little noise between the rooms, but not much. Because we were there on Easter Sunday, the brewery was not open, but it was still a great stay. Everything was clean, comfortable, and the staff is wonderful, friendly, and helpful. The free breakfast was terrific, as always. The stable rooms are large, although a little dark, and have whirlpool tubs. The king-sized bed is soft and comfortable, with a nice sitting area as well. There was a keurig coffeemaker in the room, as well as free bottled water.

A couple of tips from recent stays--if you have trouble finding the blowdryer, look in the closet in the main room (rather than the bathroom). I'm not sure why they keep them there. Also, if you use the convenient, remote-controlled fireplace, make sure you flip the switch for the fireplace exhaust fan, too. it's easy to miss.

Overall, It's an amazing stay for such a reasonable price. I'm sure we'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank twest42
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We just returned from a two night stay at The Inn at Turkey Hill and it far exceeded our expectations. What a beautiful setting! Just off the interstate, it is surrounded by beautiful grounds including a gazebo and pond with ducks. Quiet and serene, it makes you feel like you are out in the countryside.
Upon arrival, we were greeted by Jackie, who made us feel right at home and couldn't do enough to make sure we had everything we needed. Sammie went out of her way to provide us with the perfect cup of tea. What a delightful young lady!
Our accommodations were spacious and spotless with all the necessary amenities. Our room attendants did an exceptional job. We had a lovely view of the pond from our window.
If you have the opportunity to dine at The Inn of Turkey Hill, don't miss the fine dining experience as it is truly fine dining. Scrumptious entrees, fresh green salads and delicious side dishes were beautifully presented with a sorbet to cleanse the palette between courses. Our waiter, Jiles, made our dining experience a very memorable one. He was superb!
The evening staff and our breakfast attendant were also very friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast, served in a cozy sunroom, included hot and cold items, fresh fruit and hot and cold beverages.
When we booked the inn, we thought it would be a one time event but we will definitely return and recommend it to all of our friends.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank panamstewCentralPA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomsburg
Hampton Inn Bloomsburg
Pine Barn Inn
#2 of 6 in Danville
24 mi away
Best Western Plus Country Cupboard Inn

Been to The Inn at Turkey Hill? Share your experiences!