“Charming and nicely priced.”

The Inn at Turkey Hill
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Bloomsburg
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Wow! What a nice place and not expensive. We stayed in one of the king rooms and when we walked in my husband said "we paid a little over $100 for this and breakfast!" Very nice, clean and right next to the pub. Park your motorcycle and walk to dinner and drinks. Others commented on noise from highway. They must have super sonic ears. Our room faced the direction of the highway, you couldnt see it nor hear it. Breakfast was fresh and good. We will be back next time in Bloomsburg.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jlskjs
There are newer reviews for The Inn at Turkey Hill

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have always wanted to stay here on our way across Route 80 and this June we stayed one night. Check in was pleasant and easy and we stayed in a King stable room. The room was large and had the most comfortable bed. The bathroom was large with the biggest jacuzzi I've encountered outside of the poconos! We went to the brewery for a late bite to eat and sample their beers. Everything was delicious and even though it was a Thursday, there was live music. Our breakfast was a gourmet choice of white chocolate coconut pancakes and poached eggs over diced potatoes, ham and leeks. There was a Hollandaise sauce and fresh strawberries for toppings. There was fruit and granola and breads. Delicious! Look forward to our next stay when we will try the dinning room!

Room Tip: The stable rooms are all King beds and very quiet!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NHYanks
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is about our 6th time staying here. We like to begin our trips to Tennessee & North Carolina by knocking off about three hours of driving after working all day and the Inn at Turkey Hill is perfect. A few miles off the beaten path but worth the detour. We always travel with our dog and love the king deluxe room with the gas fireplace and jetted tub. The bed is super comfortable, the room quiet even though it is near the interstate, and the breakfast always delicious. The staff are always friendly and helpful and delicious food available at both the Inn and the brew pub. We plan to stay twice again in November on another trip to visit family in Tennessee.

Room Tip: If not traveling with a pet, I hear the stable rooms are great. If with a pet, their pet friendly ro...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank UncleJackNY
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

On our return trip from Cape Cod to Ohio, the drive (which had been primarily hard rain & red brake lights in crawling traffic) became too much for one day. We were fortunate enough to find the Inn & book one of their last two open rooms. The owner actually processed our reservation & gave us a tour & some history on how his grandparents lived in the original home & how it progressed to the current property complete with restaurants & their own micro-brewery. He walked out & directed us to the best parking spot, personally took us to our room & brought back extra towels & signature bottled water. He introduced us to Chloe, the Inns 13 year old resident cat who cheerfully greets new guests. The room was nicely appointed & very comfortable. It was dark upon our arrival but morning revealed an absolute gorgeous property with excellently manicured landscaping. No attention to detail was missed in any area. The continental breakfast included with our stay was extraordinary & we enjoyed it on the outdoor patio. The gazebo overlooking the duck & fish pond was beautiful. My husband even discovered a nesting mother duck on her eggs which was an extra treat! Turkey Hill was superb & we highly recommend it.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Darla N
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I have a per diem job up in the area and I commute and stay at local hotels while I am up there. I happened upon this hotel and absolutely loved it! The rooms are super cute and comfy...complete with a Keurig and water....fabulous decor and comfy beds! The breakfast was great and the cute little cafe setting that they have for your breakfast is adorable! They have a nice little pond out back with ducks and a beautiful setting. I chose to have dinner at the restaurant which was great! Then I chose a movie from their collection and spent the rest of the night in bed! I would deff return! Just book in advance as they are ALWAYS full and a room is hard to come by!!!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Stable rooms which were on the farther side....quiet and private. I cannot comment...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We returned to the Inn after about ten years. It had changed a bit, adding a brew pub. but the heart of the inn had remained the same -- spacious rooms, most of them facing into a garden and duck pond (with ducks). Dinner was as we remembered it -- imaginative and tasty. Service was superlative and if anything the wine list had improved over the years. Breakfast was just fine, and a great start to the day. We will not let another ten years pass before returning to this inn.

Room Tip: Try for one of the garden-facing rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank winst0n4
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We avoid chain restaurants whenever possible because we enjoy unique, local places. When it comes to hotels, though, we favor the chains. The occasional bad meal is tolerable but a bad night in sub-standard hotel can ruin your whole day. When it came to the choice between a chain and Inn at Turkey Hill, the inn's website encouraged me to go local with the lodgings and I am so glad.
They have done a remarkable job of retaining a genuine “inn feeling.” It started with the warmest welcome I can recall. Halfway through my drive to the inn, I realized I had forgotten my overnight kit (actually. .. I forgot my whole suitcase!). I called ahead to the hotel to ask if they had toiletries available. She assured me they did. When I arrived and mentioned my name, she recalled our conversation and gave me a complete kit of toiletries. Very nice.
There are lots of hotels/inns that try to fabricate a homey feel. This place is the real deal. The amenities and hospitality feel genuine. A unique touch was that they still have real keys instead of the pass cards.
In the room there were free bottles of water (who does that anymore?), real plants, comfortable beds and a bounty of pillows. I like a warm bathroom, and my room had the most awesome heater I have ever experienced. Mmmm, toasty.
But with the old timey charm, they provide some very good modern necessities. The WiFi was solid (and free) and my desk had the most complete power block and port arrangement I've seen.
And all of this is barely a half mile from the interstate.
On the way out, they handed me a free directory of the premier inns across America, which of course includes Turkey Hill. Their inclusion in the book is well deserved.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelTim88
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomsburg
Hampton Inn Bloomsburg
#2 of 6 in Danville
Hampton Inn Danville
Hampton Inn Danville
#1 of 6 in Danville

Been to The Inn at Turkey Hill? Share your experiences!